Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I find this string everytime when I restart the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeps997
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: How can I find this string everytime when I restart the game Reply with quote

Hello, I am making a bot for game and in order to do that, I need to be able to handle some console output from the game. I am able to read that output with cheat engine. For example when someone talks in the game, in the memory it says "OnTalkBubble......player_chat=[message here]". ( I attached a picture showing this here)

So my problem is that I can not find a pointer for this string. I do not even know if there is a pointer for it. I have tried searching for the pointer by looking at what writes to this address, and doing pointerscan but I can find 0 pointers.

So how can I access this string everytime I restart the game?

juujuu.png
 Description:
Here is what I am talking about.
 Filesize:  11.73 KB
 Viewed:  2296 Time(s)

juujuu.png

hazarada
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its likely that these messages are stored individually all around the memory and there's an array somewhere that holds the pointers to all of them. Problem is, you don't know the array index for each message and they tend to move around, a regular pointer scan will get stumped by such behavior.

What you need is to find the array and take it from there. A brute force way would be to pointer scan for that message and then for each results, try fiddling left and right with each of the offsets to see if the end result is another message. In that case the offset you're fiddling is where the array sits and now you have a path to it.

The above solution can be extremely time consuming though. If you can, pointerscan for multiple messages and cross reference their pointer scan results to find similar paths where just one offset is different, again that offset is the array.

Good luck
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOB scan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: