Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reference master list in each dropdown only once?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reference master list in each dropdown only once? Reply with quote

I have a game with about 200+ item slots and about 200+ item possibilities. I've got an address listed for each slot, but do I really have to remake the dropdown list for all possible items for each address? I'm hoping there's a way to put my list somewhere once and have my dropdowns reference that list.

Is this possible?

Example:

2019-05-13_18-02-35.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.92 KB
 Viewed:  6117 Time(s)

2019-05-13_18-02-35.png

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed several times before. Unless something has changed since then, the answer is still no.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you add those 200 addresses manually as well or did you use lua?
Because you can also use lua to set the dropdown values, including the link to the base

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Drivium
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Did you add those 200 addresses manually as well or did you use lua?
Because you can also use lua to set the dropdown values, including the link to the base

I used Excel... So, not quite manual, but there was manual work involved to set this up... I created a cheat table with a single entry, saved it, opened the resulting .ct file in notepad++ to see the format, recreated in Excel with starting address and offsets as variables, copied down the column, pasted back into notepad++, saved. lol It works, but would love a better way.

What you're describing sounds much better. I'll search for a tutorial. If you have a link, that'd be sweet, too.

Thank you!

EDIT: So, I found this lua drop down list editor and it works very well: https://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=591755

Since the value string shows whether it's an item, sword, armor, etc. - it would be cool if the dropdownlist could be dynamic and attach the correct list depending on the value string. For example, if the value string shows "@Armor_001_Lower", it would only pull up a list of Armor related options. Another factor is that these items shuffle on each reload, so the list would have to be dynamic, constantly scanning for the keyword in the value string of each address in the list. Tall order! haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: