Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to pay for memory/CE Tutor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clerythecleric
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Looking to pay for memory/CE Tutor Reply with quote

Hi,

If this is not allowed I apologize, Though i can't see why it would be a problem.
I'm 28 and I work full-time as an F# developer. I'm looking for someone with strong CE/Olly Dbg experience that can teach me how to work with memory.

I will pay each session by bank trasnfer or Ewallet(Paypal etc). I have a client in mind with a basic over-all goal in mind. I would like you to help me reach this goal while answering questions and guiding me on what to do and explain why we are doing things.

Currently I have some basic understanding of assembly and some basic CE knowledge, Example: I've managed to get 2 static addresses which contain the X,Y coordinates for players, I was able to see what accessess it, and reverse it to get what I believe to be the player object base address... But from here I don't know what to do. If I have a pointer to the player objects base address. I'm unsure how I can now use this to explore or find the offsets I need for the other player object proporties (HP, Mana, Experience etc).

Anyone interested? Please post expierence, Age, Avaliability and Charge/Cost per hour you would want.

I also apprecaite there is alot out there already with resources, however, I learn better and faster in a 1 on 1 scenario, with a clear overall goal in mind.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to pay for memory/CE Tutor Reply with quote

full post is not quoted:
clerythecleric wrote:
Hi,

If this is not allowed I apologize, Though i can't see why it would be a problem.
I'm 28 and I work full-time as an F# developer. I'm looking for someone with strong CE/Olly Dbg experience that can teach me how to work with memory.

I have a client in mind with a basic over-all goal in mind.

Currently I have some basic understanding of assembly and some basic CE knowledge ...

with a clear overall goal in mind.

stop for a sec! and think properly.

CE or Olly? both software fall under same category, but uses are different .. as well as achievable things.

you understand little assembly? huh!
blindly reading assembly instructions without little knowledge of computer architecture and/or your target operating system wont benefit you. AT ALL.

and what goals do you have? are you trying to compete somebody?

plus feel free to ask anything related to CE or olly here, someone will answer probably.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
clerythecleric
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: OldCheatEngineUser Reply with quote

My apologizes for my over-simplification. I've always been interested in the hacking side of programming. Somehow I ended up doing the boring stuff. I felt now that I was older and have expierence in functional and OOP that it would be easier. Yet I find i'm coming across many issues with the goal i've set myself.
You're right, to say I 'know some assembly' is a gross over-statement. I recognise key-words. That about covers my knowledge on it.

The short-term goal is to create a hook for a MMORPG Client (Small game with minimal protection measures). I would use this to overlay enemies/items locations. Create in-game indicators for Health, mana, expereience. Track the in-game time of day, getting all the values from memory, You get the idea.

The longer-term goal would be to use this same hook to monitor incoming packets and move on to the more advanced stuff. But I won't get ahead of myself.

To give an example of my current issue. I have the X and Y Coordinates of my player. I've been trying to get the rest of my player objects proporties from the 2 I already have.

If there is a player object class(Type in Functional), we assume it looks somthing like this.

Code:
Type PlayerObj
  Xcoordinate:float
  Ycoordinate:float
  Health: int
  Mana: int
  Name: String

If I have the X and Y Coordinate, How do I get the others? Can I even? What does a object even look like in memory?
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will ignore the packet part, because i have not done much with packet editing and/or analyzing.

the hook part (should be the long term one), i got the idea yes.
it will take hell amount of time so achieve all these alone, so its better to get a partner.

im not sure what is in-game indicator, but tracking/getting values is fine.
enemy coords is also fine, but items location? not easy. (even enemies if the game have a dirty mechanism for spawning and calculating world-coords to map-coords)

clerythecleric wrote:
If I have the X and Y Coordinate, How do I get the others? Can I even? What does a object even look like in memory?

yes you can, simple memory scanning to complex reverse engineering are required.

objects/classes are values, a unique values.
think of them as process identifiers (pId), the only way around to identify them is by trial and error.

the more OOP concepts present in game the more difficult (dirtier) its to find stuff. (and you probably know the OOP data abstraction and design)

clerythecleric wrote:
But from here I don't know what to do. If I have a pointer to the player objects base address. I'm unsure how I can now use this to explore or find the offsets I need for the other player object proporties (HP, Mana, Experience etc).

assuming you found the play object base address, the first thing to consider is the structure alignment, and gaps between addresses.
then value types and/or representation of a data type.

after that you mess around with it, changing values to stupid random numbers to see how the game behaves .. sometimes a strange behavior gives you a hint. (it happened a lot to me)

cheat engine have a hex-dump, dissect data structures and other set of useful tools and functions that helps you identifying and analyzing things faster.

back to hooking game functions, you will need to reverse engineer whatever function you are interested in, injecting some assembly scripts to extract whatever data present in cpu-registers then internally or externally do your logic. (internally/injecting dll and externally/reading and writing within CE or your program)

im not sure how far you can go using F#, as im not sure if its have direct access to winapi.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
clerythecleric
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to be using F#. I'm not too worried about which language i'm going to use yet though I will probably use C#.

So what are your thoughts on this. I've dropped an item on the ground, I've found this static address which has the Y axis of this item relative to myself. (The player is always in the center of the screen, much like any MMO).

So if i'm standing ontop of this item on the floor, the value of this address is 0. If i go above it, i get a positive value (The further away iam the higher it is) and below it i get a negitive value (The further south iam the lower it is).

This is a great start. What I would like now is to get a list of all/any items around the player. How would I go about getting this list?
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehm, you dropped it and while you are on top of it the value is 0.
looks like the distance between you and the dropped object, and its not object coordinates.
i would say this is terrain tiles units, player on tile X dropped object on tile Y and some math is done.

still hard to tell without debugging.

clerythecleric wrote:
What I would like now is to get a list of all/any items around the player. How would I go about getting this list?

i have used CryEngine little bit, so this is based on my experience:

there is something called: AreaTrigger
what does that do is whenever player inside this area an action happens, spawning items, ending levels and etc. pretty much like cpu status flags.

the second thing is a Area: Box/Shape
this thing have properties, the most interesting thing is visibility within this area.

objects and static objects:
from spawning to object visibility and player to object interaction.

player/character:
(im not talking about player properties)

a player have a circular range assigned to it, and what happens in this range is usually based on game developers (i.e. custom stuff) not default game engine crap.

example:
player inventory class,
if any of class members are in-range, then do calculate their distance from player. (in terrain tiles or world coords, or map coords)

there might be lot of entities, objects, and anything player can interact with.

please, important note:
there are different types of objects, entities are different .. as well as other types.

so how to get items around player:
- first, go far from that object and see if the game will stop counting terrain tiles or possible Player in Object-range Coordinates.

if it stopped, that is a good sign (player-range or Object-Range)

- second, see what writes/reads this Y-axis values then look at hte disassembly, and see if you can analyzing the function.

- third, always use "find out what addresses this instruction accesses" from disassembly windows, as it might show you other interesting values with their addresses.

then you might wish to poke the game a little bit and modify some values, remember there are many useful tools in CE, so try to use some of them.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
ZacTheSin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Chapman has a series of pretty legendary videos on how to do some stuff with CheatEngine/assembly.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNffuWEygffbJGq_cffRgEzFk6N1wrKtx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: