Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiply a value upon increase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistensial Warlock
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Multiply a value upon increase Reply with quote

Hey guys. I did an hour of googling before coming here so sorry if this has been asked before.

I'd like to set up a script that will increase the rate of experience gained in a game. Experience is stored as a 4 Byte variable.

Is there a way to compare the previous value with the new one, then multiply the difference, and add that to the new value? In this case, I would like to double the amount of experience gained, so I suppose simply being able to find the difference and adding it to the new value again would do the trick.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am not positive whether or not experience increments until it reaches the new value, or if the change in the variable is instantaneous. I would imagine this could cause complications if it did increment until the "gained" experience is depleted, especially if the script applies every time the experience value is changed. The change appears instant, but I'd have to play further into the game to see bigger experience values before I could really tell a difference.

---

I've used Cheat Engine for years now to do simple variable edits, but nothing too much more complicated than finding and editing values like money and experience. I haven't touched any scripting.

If there's a tutorial out there that will handle what I'm trying to accomplish, I'd be glad to take a look at that as well!
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using AA to inject code would likely be best (see step 7 "Code Injection" of the CE tutorial), but Lua can do what you're asking.
Code:
local oldv = tonumber(AddressList.getMemoryRecordByDescription'My Experience'.Value)
local t = createTimer()

t.Interval = 200
t.OnTimer = function(t)
  local mr = AddressList.getMemoryRecordByDescription'My Experience'
  if not mr then t.destroy(); return end

local v = tonumber(mr.Value)

if v - oldv > 0 then  -- increased
    oldv = 2*v - oldv
    mr.Value = tostring(oldv)
  elseif v - oldv < 0 then -- decreased
    oldv = v
  end
end
edit: removed print

Last edited by ParkourPenguin on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
eXistensial Warlock
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this looks like what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: