Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


NSA releases their decompiling software Ghidra
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Channel GannoK
pffrt
Reputation: 128

Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: NSA releases their decompiling software Ghidra Reply with quote

https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra

Dont know if you guys have seen this already but it's pretty neato.

Written in java so you need the sdk to run it

_________________
Some Retarded Muslim who crys ad hominem every chance he can get wrote:
btw, since im a leech i have to get a job, arent u a 4x leech by having 4?

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volictic
Cheater
Reputation: 61

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its illegal to reverse engineer software
honey pot. dont use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Channel GannoK
pffrt
Reputation: 128

Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
its illegal to reverse engineer software
honey pot. dont use.

It's meant for decompiling malware and potentially harmful files, I imagine this is not, unless there's some cleverly crafted steganography in their files. it's all open source though and available in plain text, I highly doubt it's as much of a threat and trap as you claim it is.

if you're a dumbass and you go around using this on consumer level programs, or anything with any sort of agreement, then yea, you'll probably find yourself with a lot of trouble on your hands.

_________________
Some Retarded Muslim who crys ad hominem every chance he can get wrote:
btw, since im a leech i have to get a job, arent u a 4x leech by having 4?

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Byte
Site Admin
Reputation: 379

Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 22655
Location: The netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on where you live.
If you live in a free country(so not the usa) you can just decompile whatever you like

_________________
Do not ask me about online cheats. I don't know any and wont help finding them.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mania Guy
I post too much
Reputation: 10

Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 2528
Location: Up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSA? No thanks fam
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Volictic
Cheater
Reputation: 61

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its illegal to reverse engineer software
honey pot. dont use.

It's meant for decompiling malware and potentially harmful files, I imagine this is not, unless there's some cleverly crafted steganography in their files. it's all open source though and available in plain text, I highly doubt it's as much of a threat and trap as you claim it is.

if you're a dumbass and you go around using this on consumer level programs, or anything with any sort of agreement, then yea, you'll probably find yourself with a lot of trouble on your hands.
malware and potentially harmful files that the NSA creates/buys and uses themselves

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/08/31/the-nsa-hacks-other-countries-by-buying-millions-of-dollars-worth-of-computer-vulnerabilities/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.74da8ce18e28

you seriously have to question why the NSA, one of the biggest users of malware and spying tools, would want to put into the hands of the public a way to learn about and prevent the spread of the very things they are using

the legality of reverse engineering software is a total gray area, and if you get sent a National security letter, youre 100% fucked

@darkbyte
https://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2015/7/188738-anti-circumvention-rules-limit-reverse-engineering/abstract
if any copyright or prevention measures are in place, chances are you will be breaking the law in any western country. sure youre fine in shitholes like Russia or SEA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Channel GannoK
pffrt
Reputation: 128

Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
Channel GannoK wrote:
Brolock wrote:
its illegal to reverse engineer software
honey pot. dont use.

It's meant for decompiling malware and potentially harmful files, I imagine this is not, unless there's some cleverly crafted steganography in their files. it's all open source though and available in plain text, I highly doubt it's as much of a threat and trap as you claim it is.

if you're a dumbass and you go around using this on consumer level programs, or anything with any sort of agreement, then yea, you'll probably find yourself with a lot of trouble on your hands.
malware and potentially harmful files that the NSA creates/buys and uses themselves

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/08/31/the-nsa-hacks-other-countries-by-buying-millions-of-dollars-worth-of-computer-vulnerabilities/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.74da8ce18e28

you seriously have to question why the NSA, one of the biggest users of malware and spying tools, would want to put into the hands of the public a way to learn about and prevent the spread of the very things they are using

the legality of reverse engineering software is a total gray area, and if you get sent a National security letter, youre 100% fucked

@darkbyte
https://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2015/7/188738-anti-circumvention-rules-limit-reverse-engineering/abstract
if any copyright or prevention measures are in place, chances are you will be breaking the law in any western country. sure youre fine in shitholes like Russia or SEA.

it was in the wikileaks in 2017.
Source code already existed, they decided to just release it. while yes, they have made/sold viruses. this is nothing more than open source software. also if you have your CEH you basically allowed to do damn near anything you want, as long as no real damages are done.

I've already seen people use this to make game hacks tho, i imagine this is going to be a huge issue for game companies.

_________________
Some Retarded Muslim who crys ad hominem every chance he can get wrote:
btw, since im a leech i have to get a job, arent u a 4x leech by having 4?

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volictic
Cheater
Reputation: 61

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad people are going to use it and then they will make the law more strict against reverse engineering by saying something like "See, we cant trust the people to use it for good!".
there's far more blackhats than CEHs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
checkemdubs
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer
Reputation: 1

Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just ida LMFAO

Shrooms says OP is a retard, which from this post is true

Ghidra is seen by many security researchers as a competitor IDA Pro.

This takes half an hour to dissamble a 64 bit game

Ida pro takes 5 min
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Channel GannoK
pffrt
Reputation: 128

Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostMane wrote:
its just ida LMFAO

Shrooms says OP is a retard, which from this post is true

Ghidra is seen by many security researchers as a competitor IDA Pro.

This takes half an hour to dissamble a 64 bit game

Ida pro takes 5 min


who are these security researchers? You?

have you actually compared the code yourself? No you haven't because IDA isn't open source, and that's what is making Ghidra the hot topic, because I imagine in a few months from now there is going to be a new version out that is much more optimized, possibly even new features.

It sounds like to me you're writing this off. Like a moron that doesn't have a mind of his own and regurgitates every opinion he sees on the internet

_________________
Some Retarded Muslim who crys ad hominem every chance he can get wrote:
btw, since im a leech i have to get a job, arent u a 4x leech by having 4?

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volictic
Cheater
Reputation: 61

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the govt doesnt release free shit for no reason

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)#History

this is probably another honeypot just like tor

the NSA has so much more resources than IDA, so if thats their competition then there's a reason why NSA software is slower. its probably doing a lot of extra shit.

"unless there's some cleverly crafted steganography in their files. it's all open source though and available in plain text, I highly doubt it's as much of a threat and trap as you claim it is. "
I wouldnt doubt that this is exactly whats going on. why isnt it up on github yet, what exactly do they need to prep to just push to it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Channel GannoK
pffrt
Reputation: 128

Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
the govt doesnt release free shit for no reason

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)#History

this is probably another honeypot just like tor

the NSA has so much more resources than IDA, so if thats their competition then there's a reason why NSA software is slower. its probably doing a lot of extra shit.

"unless there's some cleverly crafted steganography in their files. it's all open source though and available in plain text, I highly doubt it's as much of a threat and trap as you claim it is. "
I wouldnt doubt that this is exactly whats going on. why isnt it up on github yet, what exactly do they need to prep to just push to it?

I quote from their website
"NSA will be making Ghidra available to the public as an open source release in time for its first public demonstration at the 2019 RSA Conference this March. "

_________________
Some Retarded Muslim who crys ad hominem every chance he can get wrote:
btw, since im a leech i have to get a job, arent u a 4x leech by having 4?

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1821

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denuvo btfo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Channel GannoK
pffrt
Reputation: 128

Joined: 12 Apr 2008
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Brolock since you mentioned TOR and are trying to relate the two,
the main difference in these two pieces of technology is that one is functionally only affecting programming, and the other is network topology and protocol, while they may both encompass some items and subjects in one or more of the same layers of the OSI model, their primary functions work way differently to be able to say that the amount skepticism that went and goes into TOR (I know I don't trust TOR, single digit amounts of layer keyed encryption methods are not going to be enough, especially with quantum computing coming soon) should also go into Ghidra.

Maybe this version that's publicly released online of Ghidra is bugged, yes that's very possible, as with any program no doubt.
I think we should be going into this discovery of the method of unscrambling highly encrypted math problems(which is what code and programming is, if not physics of life) and basically seeing this as a step forward in more advanced programming/AI. It's public release and announcement is as important if not more important than, say, calculus(AP amirite).

That said, if you have a completely offline computer that is encrypted, no one can possible know you're even running the software, unless you're an idiot of course.

Imagine a walking AI soldier with all kinds of laser weapons and Wireless transmitters and blockers(among other weaponry of course), there is nothing preventing a walking EMP that affects Military and targets exclusively that are viewed as threats to the government. It starts with stuff programs like CE, IDA and Ghidra, because you can make a program that utilizes these core functions and create a walking master device that controls everything that isn't secure enough lol. It's just a matter of time before the government or someone else starts rolling them out, watch.

The government is developing Magitek suits :^)

_________________
Some Retarded Muslim who crys ad hominem every chance he can get wrote:
btw, since im a leech i have to get a job, arent u a 4x leech by having 4?

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Volictic
Cheater
Reputation: 61

Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn dude you sure used a lot of tech words to make yourself sound fuckin smart.

the only relation I was making between the two was that they were both developed by the government. I used the term honeypot for a reason, the govt needed the general population to use TOR because it wouldnt even make sense if they were the only ones using it, because then you would know exactly who the fucking feds were (the only ones to use tor). this is my analogy, that the reason they are releasing this is a similar reason, maybe not to bug people, the nsa does a lot more than just that, but because they need a mass amount of people to do this for some reason.

now to tackle the second half of your spiel: a compiled binary program isn't relatable to a "unscrambling highly encrypted math problem". you have two things youre trying to say that arent the same thing:
1) you arent getting source code back when reverse engineering a binary, you're getting back things like how the logic of the program worked, what the call flow looks like, etc. youre not really "unscrambling" it.

2)highly encrypted math problem doesnt make sense. the encryption IS a math problem. youre using a formula and secret keys so that it is practically impossible to factor the number back into the key.

"completely offline computer..." this doesnt matter. this is called an air gap, and it doesnt mean youre secure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

"that is encrypted" what do you mean by encrypting a computer?

"imagine a walking AI soldier..." warfare will never be done this way, we have drones and shit, the entire thing just sounds so fucking impractical. do you seriously fucking believe were going to have anthropomorphic robot soliders walking around reverse engineering enemy shit when most of the US "enenmies" are shitholes that we abuse for oil and collude with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites