Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacking PS1 game, RetroArch (Too many shared instructions)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunkyPrince
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Hacking PS1 game, RetroArch (Too many shared instructions) Reply with quote

Hello, I am hacking a ps1 game emulated through RetroArch, I'm using a core called "Beetle PSX HW". When I click on "Find out what addresses this instruction access" I get too many addresses and the game freezes until I stop the operation, I tried using VEH debugger, Windows debugger and kernelmode debugger, nothing changes except that kernelmode debugger crashes RetroArch when I try that operation.
Any hopes to do that operation without freezing the game? Also how am I supposed to find out the address I'm looking for if there are too many addresses?

Thanks in advance Smile
sickbutt
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Have you gone to

Edit -> Settings -> Scan Settings -> check the MEM_MAPPED option?

This is needed to find addresses on emulators."
- Quote : AskaLangly
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do an injection with less than or greater than checks on the memory location. It could be accessing a lot of locations you're not likely interested in like stack locations since those change too much.

Take a look at the memory viewer and if those addresses are extremely active then they probably won't be too useful unless you actually are looking for some rapidly changing value.
FunkyPrince
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickbutt wrote:
"Have you gone to

Edit -> Settings -> Scan Settings -> check the MEM_MAPPED option?

This is needed to find addresses on emulators."
- Quote : AskaLangly

I just tried it but there are still too many addresses.

sbryzl wrote:
Do an injection with less than or greater than checks on the memory location. It could be accessing a lot of locations you're not likely interested in like stack locations since those change too much.

Take a look at the memory viewer and if those addresses are extremely active then they probably won't be too useful unless you actually are looking for some rapidly changing value.

I can look for a value that I can change when I want.
I'm new into CE tho, I know about injecting, but I'm not sure if I got what you mean.
The problem is that the emulator almost freezes(probably 0.001fps or something like that) when I try the option I said in the main post, and so I cannot change the value myself in the game, the address will never show up in the list.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best advice I think is to learn more about CE and reversing before working on emulated software. Because you'll want to understand the emulator to reverse that, and understand what architecture is being emulated to better reverse that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: