Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How in the hack do I activate cheats on this thing...?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caedemmicus
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: How in the hack do I activate cheats on this thing...?! Reply with quote

So... I just started this blasted thing up and at current I'm trying to hack Pokémon Insurgence. So far, I've got the .ct file, Cheat Engine, and the game's .exe file that I'm trying to hack (I would upload the .ct file but it's too big to be uploaded, apparently).

I've been attempting to find out how to activate cheats for this thing and I only did it only once: I triple-clicked the tick box for activating the "script" of the first hack on the table's list, and now it's not letting me activate it or any other cheat again. Can anyone tell me how I can activate this stuff for later references? (I watched every youtube video, read every forum besides here, and everything else and I still can't find out how!)

Note: I just started using this program so I'm not quite fond of how to use this, sorry if I sound like an annoying 10-year-old, but I'm trying to do this to follow up on my passionate dreams of making my own game some day. Figured I would start programming through this, eh?

TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...I'm trying to do this to follow up on my passionate dreams of making my own game some day. Figured I would start programming through this...

Reversing really requires that your have some programming and hardware knowledge. If you don't understand ASM, OOP, inheritance, memory, and the processor; You'll have a really hard time figuring out how to hack/reverse.

So if you want to learn programming, I suggest you learn that. But if you want to learn reversing, then first learn some programming then some reversing.

The other thing I can suggest is to do the CE tutorial (in the help menu), it has a lot of good information.

And as far as the scripts not activating is hard to say without seeing the script. But most likely it's an error with the script it self.

Sorry but I just have to say it:
Quote:
...read every forum besides here...

So you read every forum (numbering in the millions may be billions even), but the one that is the most relevant; Why would you do that? It just sound funny to me.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That still doesn't answer my initial question...
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caedemmicus wrote:
...I triple-clicked the tick box for activating the "script" of the first hack on the table's list, and now it's not letting me activate it or any other cheat again. Can anyone tell me how I can activate this stuff for later references?...

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
...as far as the scripts not activating is hard to say without seeing the script. But most likely it's an error with the script it self...

Caedemmicus wrote:
That still doesn't answer my initial question...

Then what was the question exactly?

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I activate cheats if just simply clicking the "active" box won't do the trick?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ask the cheat dev to please update it when they have the time and potentially offer to pay them for the time, knowledge, and effort required to do so Smile

Well, or you try to get the exact version of the game the CT was created for installed on your device, but that can sometimes be hard to do.

edit: though if you managed to get it enabled (and working) once maybe it's a game with code gen at run time and you have to do something in game to get the code loaded before the script can find it... in which case all I can say is check for any notes or try playing the game for a while and then enabling the cheats. That's probably less likely than simply having an updated version of the game that the cheats weren't designed to work with however.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caedemmicus wrote:
How do I activate cheats if just simply clicking the "active" box won't do the trick?

If you didn't write the script, ask who ever did nicely for an updated one.

If you wrote the script, then write a working script I guess.

Again, without seeing the script it's hard to say any more really.
P.S.: You can post scripts as text in code blocks.
Code:
[code][/code]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: