Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CMP no Working in a given game :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should at least step thru the cmp to update status registers.

make an action, something that affect the instruction you hooked and make sure its not NPC related/affected action.

edit:
forgot to mention you can also monitot that value and check whether it changes while playing or not.
if not then all good, otherwise find something else to compare with.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDI is the same as EBP - the start of the stack frame. [EDI+5] should be part of the return address. Looking back at the structure dissect window in the first post, that's obviously incorrect.

You're doing something wrong here. Did you change the injection point between your first post and your last post? Maybe you meant to write EDX instead?

Corazon
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser, Sorry for delay, I already looked at this too, I chose that Instruction and that Offset precisely because it is the only one that does not change, no matter which Skate I take, which road I choose or how many times I close and open the Game again, it always remains the same , and yes, I've monitored it several times during my error attempts in which the script activates and has no effect, I've played an entire road observing, and it never changes, it's a stable value ://

And ParkourPenguin No, I did not change my Script from the first post to the Ultimo, the only thing I changed was the cmp value "byte ptr" and the value 44 for Hexadecimal 2C, I honestly did not have this problem in the other Games I was doing this process, but like I said, only this one has this headache Sad pls Help me

I've even compared the registers, mine and three other Opponents, our EBX EDX registers are always the same, but the rest are all different, I left and I entered the game, and only these two are Equals, I do not know what else to do Sad
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin at this, which correct me if I'm wrong, but this is your injection point:

I'm wondering if EAX (before it's set at "lea eax,[ebp-20]") is the register you need to use in the compare. Select the "fld qword ptr [eax+00000118]" line and "see what address this instruction accesses" then "dissect those data structures".

I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDI is pointing at the stack. I highly doubt the value's structure is stored in the stack.

In the "Find out what instructions access this address" window, please click on the relevant instruction and post an image of the "More information" window.
The code between the fdivr instruction and the one that accesses the address could be helpful as well.

Corazon
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyCallMeTim13 Thanks for remembering, I forgot to mention this, I already did what you just recommended me several times, I clicked to know which addresses accessed the instructions, and exactly 3, me and my other Opponents (the first address will always appear is mine), but when I opened the dissection of Memory, there was no stable value for me to compare, it was just Green and Red values, there was no Brown that is the Human value in the case "MY SKATE" different from the others values ​​that should be equal, the Opponents, and that is exactly why I tried to find another Instruction so that I could compare the dissecting structures, and this Instruction was the FMUL EDI + 58, so that the main Instruction that I want to take effect only in me "FDIV Instruction" happens, but I'm having a lot of difficulty in this Sad

And ParkourPenguin I will leave an Image of the most Imformations of the FMUL Instructions that I am trying to find an offset to compare the values, and the FDIV Instruction, which is what I want to only effect on me Sad

fmul.PNG
 Description:
Only instruction that I found that all Players access, in the case 2 Opponents and I as Human, that allows to differentiate the Values ​​(the other instructions are accessed by thousands of unknown values, and it is impossible to find my addre
 Filesize:  109.89 KB
 Viewed:  2459 Time(s)

fmul.PNG

fdiv.PNG
 Description:
and this is the Key Instruction, which is the Instruction of Speed
 Filesize:  132.34 KB
 Viewed:  2459 Time(s)

fdiv.PNG

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDI at the fmul instruction has a completely different value than it does at the injection point. You have to use the state of registers at the injection point to differentiate between friend and foe.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ That's what I started thinking it looked like after looking over the fist post again.

@Corazon
You're inspecting one area then injecting in a different one, I didn't notice at first that you were doing this. But yeah, it's like looking up a cookie recipe to make a cake.

Now check the "fld qword ptr [eax+00000118]" line, I think EAX could be it the same structure.

EDIT:
Also recheck that mul instruction too like before, so you might be able to see if or how the structures relate.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News Very Happy Im so Happy now, Leaving all this of AOB Injection and Codes aside, unintentionally in FLD Qword Ptr [Eax+118] I accidentally found the speed address for each Skate, I changed mine and only I got faster, but I have another problem, not I can find the Base Address Static, Offset never changes, it is 118 Restarting the game several times, it only maintains this value, but the main problem is the pointer, I already used both Pointer Scan Methods, and Search which Instruction accesses the address , HEX, without success, and Pointer Scan, increased the Offsets level from 5 to 6, and increased its Volume to 4096 (My PC is horrible and if I increase it would take more days and more days, no joke), I find the result, but when I restart the game they do not work anymore Sad A few more suggestions?

Skate.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.25 KB
 Viewed:  2415 Time(s)

Skate.PNG

TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inject at the FLD instruction, before EAX is overwritten. Then just compare with EAX as the base ("cmp byte ptr [eax+5],2C"); it seems to hold the base. You were injecting in one place and using the registories from completely different opcode, this would only work if you just got lucky and the registries just happen to be the same.

With the pointer scanner; you just scan and restart, rescan and restart, rescan and restart, and rescan some more; and when you think you're done rescan a lot more. It just takes a lot of time and disc space, and is generally best with multiple computers. The pointer scanner just find all possible paths, and you have to weed out bad ones with rescans.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention another problem, whenever Inject in FLD, the Game is completely black screen, error and exits, and regarding cmp [eax + 5], 2C will not work, because almost all addresses are the same in this Registry , that's why I tried a different instruction to compare values ​​in this one, it has absolutely none, but for my luck I found the address of the Print above, which is the address that increases Individual skate speed, Pointer Scan did not work with me I lost time, spent almost 2 hours, increased number of levels and number of offsets, I had found, but when I restarted the game simply did not work anymore, this was repeated several times Sad , I tried the method to see which instruction writes the address , but for my bad luck no instruction writes it, but this Address accesses an Instruction, which is the FLD Qword Ptr [eax + 0000118], I do not know what else to do to have the Base Address of this Sad

problem.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.61 KB
 Viewed:  2401 Time(s)

problem.PNG

TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corazon wrote:
I forgot to mention another problem, whenever Inject in FLD, the Game is completely black screen, error and exits...

The crashing is most likely do to an error in your script.

Corazon wrote:
... and regarding cmp [eax + 5], 2C will not work, because almost all addresses are the same in this Registry , that's why I tried a different instruction to compare values ​​in this one...

Well, it doesn't work that way. You seem to have misunderstood how a processor works, and deals with memory. Do some googling, wikis are my fav, but most prefur YouTube; but whatever works for you.

Corazon wrote:
... but for my luck I found the address of the Print above, which is the address that increases Individual skate speed, Pointer Scan did not work with me I lost time, spent almost 2 hours...

Try 36 hours and 500 gigs with no results in the end, then you can complain to me about that; but that's where I mostly gave up on the pointer scanner and just focused on learning some new skills, like code injection.

Some people spend weeks, just reversing, just learning how the game works; If 2 hours is that big of a deal, you may want to find a new hobby. I'd be asking myself "If it's not fun or interesting, why are you doing this"?

Corazon wrote:
... I tried the method to see which instruction writes the address , but for my bad luck no instruction writes it, but this Address accesses an Instruction, which is the FLD Qword Ptr [eax + 0000118], I do not know what else to do to have the Base Address of this ...

You'll have to find a way to seperate the structures, that's just how it goes. Basically the game has a way to tell them apart, and you need to figure out how it's doing that; or just find some random value that seems to work, but this will always require a lot of time and trial and error no matter which way you try.

And you seem to have been looking at different structures entirely. So you're studying apples, to figure out how to tell different types of oranges apart; which is very unlikely to ever work.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Congratulations :D Reply with quote

I said "loss of time" Because my PC is really crap, my computer made 8 Years on the date of my Anniversary, I own only 3GB of Memory and a Celeron processor of 2 Cores, it is not so easy to do a scan pointer with a number so high Offsets, it would take an eternity and the light bill here is very expensive, and besides, it is impossible for me to do 36 Hours and 500 Gigs, because my HD is 320GB XD LOL, and my Units only have 8 Gbs of space each, sometimes I need to delete things of mine that I did not want to put new things, and regarding the Game to be in Black screen, it is a protection system of itself, it stays with the Black Screen because really, in this Instruction do not you should inject absolutely nothing, I realized this now, and in the end, thank you very much from you and the others who helped me in this Post, I ended up knowing things that I did not even know how to manipulate, like BreakPoint Break and Trace, Compare records and the new method of CMP, although n the problem has been solved, I have the Instruction, it is only me to click on which addresses are accessing it, put it on my Cheats table and change the value whenever I go to a Skate Road, I think after all it does not take so long so to do this, I would really try Pointer Scan, but under my current conditions I can not, Thank you very much: DD Until the next topic that maybe I do xD Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: