Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a value infinite or static

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrono99
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Making a value infinite or static Reply with quote

Basically with some trial and error I found the life value for guns gore and cannoli. I get its a older game but you have to start somewhere. Anyway how do I lock that value so it never moves essentially giving myself infinite life? Edit: Ok well I died and the address moved again. I guess I need to make the address static first before making the value static?
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure address is in address-list, then press SPACE or tick the left-box.

you can also see what writes to it by pressing F6 or by right-click "find out what writes to this address" and then replace with code that does nothing.

simply NOP.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Chrono99
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Making a value infinite or static Reply with quote

I right clicked to find what writes to this address and it found something after I got hit again. I also clicked the box and that didnt do anything either. Everytime I die the value moves to a new address because the old address doesnt work after I die then come back.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try pointer scanner, so you dont have to look for the address again.
STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Chrono99
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Making a value infinite or static Reply with quote

Ive watched 4 tutorials on CE pointer scanning and it doesn't work. I do exactly what they do. finding the address of the value you want to change, doing a pointer scan on that address then keeping CE open while restarting the game and finding the address again the same way you originally found it then searching that address in the pointer scanner list. I did all that. Found a few addresses but then I couldn't find them in CE. So im not sure what todo with the addresses that I find when I narrow down in the pointer scan with. Or was that the point? To find the address? I cant add the addresses that ive narrowed down in the pointer scan list back to CE. Edit: Ive made some progress. Ive narrowed down my addresses to four. One of them seems to work but not really work. When I get hit a small amount of life is removed then the bar fills backup. After being hit five or six times I die.
jgoemat
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I right clicked to find what writes to this address and it found something after I got hit again

Did you do the 'replace with code that does nothing' on that code? Click on the code that appeared when you got hit and click 'Show in disassembler'. Right-click on that line and click 'replace with code that does nothing' to see if you can get hit and not lose health.

If locking the value when you add it to your table doesn't work though, it may just be a 'display' value and your actual health might be somewhere else.
Chrono99
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Making a value infinite or static Reply with quote

jgoemat wrote:
> I right clicked to find what writes to this address and it found something after I got hit again

Did you do the 'replace with code that does nothing' on that code? Click on the code that appeared when you got hit and click 'Show in disassembler'. Right-click on that line and click 'replace with code that does nothing' to see if you can get hit and not lose health.

If locking the value when you add it to your table doesn't work though, it may just be a 'display' value and your actual health might be somewhere else.

No I didnt know I needed to use disassembler. But I do now ty for letting me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: