Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CheatEngine Detected While Closed (Fortnite)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broly7
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sklarlight wrote:
broly7 wrote:
...having this forum Opened and as main tab of any Browser (Chrome/Fox...) triggers one of the detection vectors of Fortnite.

Hey, broly7, is there any way you can confirm for me that having the Cheat Engine site, or any of its pages (I was on the FAQ page) triggers one of the detection vectors by any chance? I don't think support are going to take me seriously unless I can back it up with something further, because as far as they're concerned, they're straight-up saying I used Cheat Engine when I know for a fact that I didn't. I don't know how vague or detailed their info is, but even Easy Anti-Cheat, who I contacted, said there was no suspicious activity from me on the 27th-28th. Tried to send you a PM as well, but the site says I'm not allowed to do that yet, for some reason.

Dude just use another fortnite account. Let it load till the lobby or the PvP choice, then open this CE forum tab.

Wait till it prompts a pop up ingame. Profit.
Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pop-up happened on the previous one. The pop-up only happens if you actually have Cheat Engine running, all I got were intermittent kicks until it became a ban.
broly7
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sklarlight wrote:
No pop-up happened on the previous one. The pop-up only happens if you actually have Cheat Engine running, all I got were intermittent kicks until it became a ban.

https://imgur.com/a/anBWJsl
Sorry it's in other language: Basically means some reversing tools were detected.

CE was closed while this happened. And no reversing tool was running.
Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, got this pop-up around the first time I played Fortnite, realised I'd accidentally left CE open, and never did it again. I was banned on the 27th, when I was told I was using Cheat Engine on that day, but I wasn't, and I didn't get the pop-up message that you've linked there, just intermittent kicks from the game. Hopefully it is just because I left the Cheat Engine FAQ page open, I might test this on another device to see if I get kicked while having the page open. - I'll record the process as well.

Just going to keep trying to protest the ban as politely as I can, I've been fully cooperative and I want nothing more than for this to be resolved, especially since I know I didn't even try to cheat. The whole process is a little silly, really. Thanks again, though.

Edit: Interestingly, just tested on another device and account today and tried to launch the game with the Cheat Engine website open, you can't even launch the game at all, BUT if you have the Cheat Engine website open on an inactive tab, the game doesn't detect it immediately, resulting in a potential kick mid-game. That has to be the cause of the intermittent kicks that flagged my account, and leading to its ban because they detected "Cheat Engine", but not the software, the website.
ZipZap
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i know this is an old thread but i've suddenly been banned from a game and used cheat engine about half n hour before open the game.

Dark Byte wrote:
if you have any setting in settings-extra checked or used aby of the dbk_ lua functions then dbk64 will be loaded in memory

it is dormant when ce isn't using it but it won't unload itself when ce closes (as there can be multiple instances of ce using it at the same time)

I had an extra checked which was the physical memory option. would it still be loaded in if i've uninstalled cheat engine? i didnt even think to uncheck it, just straight up uninstalled it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: