Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generating a trainer from a cheat table?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxLak
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Generating a trainer from a cheat table? Reply with quote

Is it possible to generate a stand-alone trainer that allows the user to actually modify the value of the thing that is being set, for example, health? I know how to make the trainer set it to a predefined value, but I don't know how to make that value able to be defined by the user.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I was unsure where to post.
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, though you'd need to modify the gui and use a little lua, actually you could do it without changing the gui using inputQuery if you wanted

basically create a regular trainer and save it as a CT file then edit the table's lua script to add something like the following at the end after the auto-generated comment, tailored to your table/game of course, and then save it as an exe file to get a standalone trainer.

Code:
--code example based on the tutorial step 2 with a memory record named "Step 2"
Step2MemRec = addresslist.getMemoryRecordByDescription("Step 2")
Step2HotKeyFunction = function(hk)
  local value = inputQuery('Set step 2', 'What value?', '1000') -- prompt user for value
  if not value then return end -- user clicked cancel or something
  Step2MemRec.Value = value -- auto converts to string which is how the value is stored
end
-- table of Virtual Key codes that trigger hotkey
Step2HotKeyTrigger = {VK_F2}
--create hotkey that will run the function when the key(s) are pressed
Step2HotKey = createHotKey(Step2HotKeyFunction, Step2HotKeyTrigger)

Of course, if you take the GUI route then you'd create an edit box that the user would fill and detect when they're done somehow (like clicking a button) and then you could write whatever value the CETrainer.CEEditBox1.Text has (with the name of the edit box being replaced with whatever your edit box's name is, though that's the format CE auto-generates iirc). There's a video or two showing the basics on youtube, otherwise you can browse through the celua.txt file to find most of the information you might need if you know a bit of lua (which has a website and several tutorials online).

edit: just thought about allowing the user to change the value a "regular" hotkey uses, most of the code is the same but instead of setting the memory records' value you'd get the hotkey attached to the memory record using Step2MemRec.Hotkey[0].Value = ... (of course if you had multiple hotkeys on the memory record you'd need to use the right index to select the right hotkey, the first is 0, the next 1, etc.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: