Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with AGE OF EMPIRES CE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elrab
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Help with AGE OF EMPIRES CE Reply with quote

I've recently reinstalled "Age of empires: Dawn of the modern world" after 10 years to refresh some memories and i've decided to make some changes that have been bugging me since then.
The game is purely offline so the changes affect only me.
I've managed to make a few slight changes in configuration files but im not able to do much since most of the files are encrypted by developers.
So i've tried modifiying the game with Cheat Engine once im in a specific game.
A few things went smoothly but now im stuck and would appriciate any help whatsoever.
If you are familiar with the AOE Games they all have specific army units. Now in my case i want to remove certain unit or at least make it harder to use by making it cost more.
So what i've tried is to set the "unit" to "4bytes" or "float" and search for the price of the unit, in my case that is either 165 gold or 135 food as seen in the screehshots. When i search for those numbers i get about 1000 +/- hits. If i change them all to 999 it also changes within the game, but the game crashes after a minute. If i change it to or above 1000 it crashes instantly. Some of the numbers change by themselves when playing the game but changing those doesnt affect anything.
So even if i somehow manage to set the resources to 999 that still wouldn't remove the unit which would be the optimal outcome, but i have no idea if its possible to do that.
I really have no experience prior to a few hours of trying to solve this so any ideas how i can approach this would be truly appriciated.

I'll add screenshots via link below from within the game and Cheat Engine (searching for 165 - resource - same goes for 135 and searching with string for Cardinal, the text changes by itself aswell as the numbers)
... I cant use links and i can only use 1 picture, please if you have any suggestions let me know and i can send you the link personally.
Banjo Patterson
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a play around and see if I can get some answers for you
Elrab
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banjo Patterson wrote:
I'll have a play around and see if I can get some answers for you

I would truly appreciate it if you really dont mind trying it out yourself.
Let me just reply you with a quick overview of the problem.

Since im doing the changes to resource nodes such as gold / wood / stone and food using cheat engine (making the numbers of each node much higher than default - making the game last more time and being more competitive), i've came to a conclussion that the only "faction" that can benefit from extra resources are "Franks" in medieval, imperial or gunpowder age. Reason for that is because franks dont have a limit to their population, meaning AI doesn't have to build "houses" to increase it (AI ussually only builds specific number of houses, because it is designed to not have as many resources for the units, therefore doesn't need so much population increase).
The problem here occurs that Franks have an overpowered unit, priest, called Cardinal - They have a spell (effect) called PLAGUE that is being abused by AI on hardest difficulty and it is really hard to play against.
If you find a way to either remove Cardinals or make them unaccassible by making the cost higher or doing the same to the "Plague" effect on them, I would be forever grateful.
I, myself managed to change Cardinals mana to much lower so the plague effect cannot ever be used, but the game keeps crashing on me so i gave up.
If you have any more questions, let me know and ill reply here or just add me on discord - Elrab#3126
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: