Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help finding and changing the opal value in TY 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twinkiepro
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Need help finding and changing the opal value in TY 2 Reply with quote

So I haven't used cheat engine much until recently after I bought Ty 2 on steam, a game that holds some nostalgic value to me. I remembered that there is a bit of a grind for the games in game currency, Opals.

I wanted to skip this and buy everything off the bat by modifying the value. I thought it would be a simple search and change, but that brings an issue. While the counter in game at the top right change YET in the pause menu it remains very much unchanged. This value is also the core or base value. Without it changed, the amount i cheated for amounts to nothing. I thought maybe I'll have to pull the pointer.

Easy enough, found it quickly at 017d09ac at offset 510. Green and everything so it seemed correct. Nope. Still doesn't change the menus value and thus prevents buying.

Okay, fine. I check what accesses THAT address. About 8 "mov" ticking away frequently and only one that will give me what i want.
Every single one of them tell me the value of the pointer is probably 004509AC. Every time. And there is nothing with that value.

For the sake of giving enough info, every time the player picks up opals the counter ticks up, just a bit at a time. The actual value changes instantly but the ingame one tallies up in the way.

The reason I point this out is that I noticed a compare always running accessing most of the addresses. When the tally ticks up, this compare slows down and counts with the tally as it adds up. I guess its checking and making sure the money is real. Replacing the code with nothing only stops the ingame counter, not the actual menu one.
Weirder Al
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Anybody know how to do this one? I'm having the same issue.
grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V1.09:

https://pastebin.com/1J3Spee8

When you freeze em all your money doesn't change. Those are addresses that change. If you unfreeze one of "This" entries, and your money changes, then it becomes a random/corrupted? amount. Can be very very large or very veryyy negative. Seems like the game data is just in an "encrypted" region that's decrypted when updating. Not going to invest time into that shit.. also It's logical that it's protected because there are leaderboards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: