Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using cheat engine code in my app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvlad
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Using cheat engine code in my app Reply with quote

Hello, I'm not making any trainer for games but I found this code very useful to use it for my internal purposes.

I basically need only few options from CheatEngine:

1) To locate some memory that belongs to my other app
2) To find specific value (string)
3) To change string and to keep memory constant

My questions following:

1) My application is commercial application - Should I use CE code for this or not? I won't change it of course and I can put any info in text/help files to say that I use CE
2) Which parts of code should I use > driver, dlls?
3) Is there some small test written in Delphi (like the one you uploaded on site) that use only basic options I need?

If answer on 1st questions is positive then please give me some wrapper file that I should use and explanations.

If answer is negative then please tell me how much I have to pay for royalties cause it's less expensive then to develop such a difficult app from scratch.

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Vlad
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but you can't use the CE's sourcecode in commercial applications (Unless they are in the cetrainer format which has a special exemption)

But for what you wish to do I am sure there are smaller libraries available (And only contain the things you need and not the extreme amount of secondary features in CE which you likely do not need anyhow. even the memory scan is 1000 times more complex than what you need for string scans)

But you can always look at the sourcecode and get a general idea of how things are done. (which API's etc...)
To give some hints:
1: VirtualQueryEx
2: ReadProcessMemory and just scan through the data (Tip: read whole blocks)
3: WriteProcessMemory

It's really not that difficult to write this from scratch

I have no idea about royalties yet, but if you really can not find any free memory scanning library I can always check it out

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
cvlad
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your help.

Currently I've applied some solutions with VirtualQueryEx etc., made a little test app that works but I thought that you did your core using some driver that scans and write thru the mem?

Accessing from driver level makes my app more stealth which might be useful.

Another thing - I didn't manage to Keep memory constant, for eg some process can overwrite my memory changes. I did something like helper thread that checks that mem location and rewrite values I need but this is quite primitive solution and didn't help always.
How did you solve this part?

Thanks!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just virtualqueryex

the driver is only used as a replacement for read/writeprocessmemory. it's slower and only used if the user explicitly sets that option in the settings

the way ce 'freezes' an address is by using a timer that sets the value every 100 milliseconds (can be changed by the user)

as you can see, ce's memory scanning/value changing is something allost everyone can do. (it's just making it userfriendly where the challenge comes)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: