Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to pause flash process?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: How to pause flash process? Reply with quote

I want to pause/break my flash game/process, to be able to access the codes before jit compilation (of part of the code) starts... Cuz certain codes I can only access at that point (except if I find/see the jitted codes too but that's a more complicated solution.

So I tried it but with normal pause of the process won't work well since the process needs to be loaded into the memory but not jit compiled yet... I was told to do this with windebug too, but when doing that, the process breaks early when you attach debugger to flash, but problem is I can't find the code yet in memory, it seems a new flashplayerplugin process is started when you run an app, but by then the jit compilation is mostly done already... I do guess Windbg probably breaks too early before the game is loaded into memory, cuz in none of the processes I can find any code... How could I solve this?
It would be by far the best way for me to achieve what I want...
It would also be hard to use standalone flashplayer for this game since it is wrapped around in a php page with info and parameters...

Help much appreciated!
LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed once or twice now to get it working, however it's hard to pause the process with cheat engine at the right moment, I see now the moment you need to pause it is when the screen turns all white. Wouldn't there be an easier way to do this? I really need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: