Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mafia III race timer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herdox
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Mafia III race timer Reply with quote

Hi,
I am trying to stop counting on races, but I can't make it work.
In one of the topics I found this:
Code:
[ENABLE]
AoBScanModule(RaceTime, mafia3.exe, F3 41 0F 58 48 ? 49 8B D8 )
registersymbol(RaceTime)

RaceTime:
db 90 90 90 90 90 90

[DISABLE]
unregistersymbol(RaceTime)

RaceTime:
addss xmm1, DWORD PTR [r8+10]

I would like to use it, but I don't know how to use it.
Also, if it will not work, what I can do?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You add it as an AA script (open the memory viewer, tools->auto assemble, paste, file->assign to current cheat table, close editor) and then click the empty box next to the new script in the address list at the bottom.

If it won't enable then the AOB has changed due to updates and you'd have to try and find the code (the addss instruction) that it's nopping again and update the AOB for it. The memory viewer does have a way to scan for code generically, search->Assembly scan, and you could type in "addss*r8" and find every addss instruction with "r8" in the instruction for example, note that it starts from the instruction that you open it at so you'll probably want to right click and goto the address mafia3.exe. Note that the aob already has the offset 10 as a wildcard so if the aob doesn't work then the offset isn't the only thing that has changed (it may or may not have changed but something else would certainly have). To scan just the module you can use a little lua code to find the start and end addresses, tools->lua engine and paste
Code:
local module = 'mafia3.exe'
local addr = getAddress(module)
print(('%X %X'):format(addr, addr+getModuleSize(module)))
and execute it

If it enables but doesn't work then the problem is probably that updates have added another addss instruction earlier in the code which the aobscanmodule is finding and changing instead of the one that's intended. So do an Array of Bytes scan from the main GUI with those bytes (change Writable to a square like Executable so that it'll scan non-writable memory too) and see if there are multiple results, if so then you'll have to make the aob longer so that it's unique again and finds the right address (if there are more than 2 then you'll have to test each of them to figure out which needs to be nopped)

If you don't understand any of that then you ask the person who provided it if they can update it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: