Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving values with cheat engine possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex088
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:14 am    Post subject: Saving values with cheat engine possible? Reply with quote

Hi all guys,

First of all happy new year to everyone here, hopefully it will be better than 2020...

So I have two questions, I hope someone will be able to help me.

I'm using cheat engine to change drivers names in F1 2020.
There are basically 2 sets of names,
The ones in the main menu and the ones while driving on track.

Now I have found both sets and the ones in the main menu are always kept with the same addresses,
So is any chance I can rename example one driver in ABC and save it in a way that when I will start the game again and start cheat engine,that driver name would be automatically renamed as ABC?
Or I have to re enter the names I want to change every time I start the game?

My second question is,
In the second set of names (the one used by the game when on track) the addresses slightly change at every game start-up.
Is any way I could get cheat engine to recognize the new address and automatically rename the driver in ABC on its own?
Or again it will have to be me to find the addresses manually at every game start-up?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
soggytoast111
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely possible and there are multiple ways to do this.

You could write an LUA script that will patch those names on the fly so you don't have to. This would work for your first example (assuming the name is always stored in memory at the same offset.) This is really the quick and dirty "noob" way of doing it though, so I don't suggest this if you don't have to.

The real way is that you find the opcode that writes those names, and then do a code injection so that it will overwrite those names to be whatever you want them to be every time the game runs this code. With this method you wouldn't need cheat engine anymore since you would be patching the .exe directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: