Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat engine and BAK files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
6Slender6man6
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Cheat engine and BAK files Reply with quote

So I was trying to change the value of my money on this game called "STAR WARS Empire at War Gold Pack" and when I tried to change my money to 9999 it didnt work. I alt tabbed back into the game and the value was the same. So I tried to change it trough the save file but with no success. I noticed this file that had the exact same name as the original save file but it was a BAK file. With some research I found out that BAK files are backup files, and that the game taught that the file was corupted so it made that BAK file (the BAK file was exactly the same as the original save file but had my money to its original value). So I just need to know how to disable the game from making this BAK file. I've seen a post about final fantasie having it and I remember Lord of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth also made BAK files. I dont know if they all have the same fix or if it varies game to game. Help would be appreciated!
kl0wn
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested this game, make sure you're finding the float, not the 4 byte value. 4 byte seems to only be the value displayed. Once I changed the float (there was a few of them) it changed fine in game.
6Slender6man6
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kl0wn"]Just tested this game, make sure you're finding the float, not the 4 byte value. 4 byte seems to only be the value displayed. Once I changed the float (there was a few of them) it changed fine in game.[/quote]

Thanks so much but what if there was no fix? what if it made BAK files for any little change you would make to a save file or trough cheat engine change?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: