Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Day 1 of trying to give up smoking pot.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Day 1 of trying to give up smoking pot. This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I've pretty much been smoking weed every day for the past 3-4 years. There have been breaks from time to time due to not having the cash or not being able to find a contact, but for the most part, it usually falls into line. As of the last 4 months I've never been without a large supply that I would just burn through. Smoke first thing in the morning, then later on, and again and again, several times a day. I will say I enjoyed it, but I realized it's just making me complacent with where I am in life. When I'm high, no matter my circumstance, I am content with it all. On one hand, there's nothing wrong with this, if I can find contentment, then I should be good. The trouble is it's reached a point where I realize I had become more or less dependent on smoking just to feel normal. It's also making me less motivated to actually go out and do stuff that I know needs to be done because I'm just too chill with it all.

So, I decided it's time for a change of pace. Today is my first day of sobriety from the stuff. I realize dropping weed just before 4/20 is like becoming Jewish just before Christmas, but I ran out of my stash and decided not to re-up. I feel a little more "here", but I definitely feel a slight nagging of me wanting to smoke weed. It's not like the cravings I got when I gave up my addiction to cigarettes, just a small voice that thinks "man, sure would be nice to be high right now." I'm hoping this goes away sooner rather than later.
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you hate being here?
Antagonist
Cheater
Ban

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory sorta is that you can't exactly break addiction I suppose. It's not really proven or anything. Just personal belief. But anyways you just gotta replace it with a different addiction or a positive one. So I guess find something to do in place of weed. Something you enjoy. The money you spent on weed. Maybe spend it on something else. Preferably self investment. But it's nice. I like having a clear mind.

tough guy talix wrote:
i've had it with your shit. fuck outta here
BreakinGods
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 420 stuff I had the same thought today. Many years I looked forward to my birthday being the day before 420 and having cash to blow on weed... now this year it's kind of just another day... I'm over 3 weeks now without weed and that extra 100$ every 7 days definitely comes in handy. Good luck staying strong it is well worth it in the long run. Life is too short to waste sitting around getting high, but that's what I looked forward to every day for about 5 years. You will notice more motivation to conquer obstacles and better yourself soon, and that opens up doors that would have been ignored because of weed. I was a big weed head and never thought I would quit and still wonder why I am sometimes, but at least my anxiety is pretty much gone now. I had too many bad experiences with weed where I felt like I was dying for some reason, and just a week before I quit my friend had a seizure after smoking a bowl with me of some og kush. After that I slowed down a lot and then sold what I had left along with my scale and grinder.

Last edited by BreakinGods on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antagonist wrote:
My theory sorta is that you can't exactly break addiction I suppose. It's not really proven or anything. Just personal belief. But anyways you just gotta replace it with a different addiction or a positive one. So I guess find something to do in place of weed. Something you enjoy. The money you spent on weed. Maybe spend it on something else. Preferably self investment. But it's nice. I like having a clear mind.

while this has not been proven scientifically, it is more than just a personal belief. it is widely accepted among addicts and alcoholics alike. there's a saying i use... while the obsession to use will eventually go away; the temptation to use will be there the rest of your life. once you cross the line of addiction there is no going back. what this means is that even if i were to stay sober for 5-10+ years and tried to shoot heroin like a gentleman, i'd go straight back to where i was 13 months ago. it may or may not happen that day, maybe a week down the line, a month, etc. but it is inevitable. i have not only accepted and come to terms with this truth, but have no qualms about it. that coupled with wanting to stay sober and putting the effort into my sobriety is the secret to my success. it's actually a very simple thing that many people over complicate (talix for example).

in the beginning it is a common trap that many newly sober addicts fall into (myself included). for example, i became a work-a-holic working 60 hours a week for the first 4-6 months of my sobriety. many people i know do excessive work out, others excessive video games, excessive eating, sex, etc. essentially you're doing the same thing as before you're running away from the root issues by distracting yourself with something else.

a lot of my success also comes from the fact that i stopped running. i began to address and face myself. i learned who i was, why i did the things i did, why i felt the way i did. what was really going on inside of me. before i used to be depressed but could not understand why. if you don't understand yourself how can you fix yourself? if you don't know there's a booger hanging from your nose and you don't stop to look in the mirror you can't take action and fix it.

next it is essential to have a healthy balance in life. this ties in with not doing something in excess and engrossing your life with one thing. sometimes it's easy to justify working your ass off or studying your ass off because the benefit is huge, but it will wear on you as a human. we are not robots. we have our limits. taking care of ones body, mind and spirit are ESSENTIAL. that means eating right, having a strict sleep schedule, working out your body physically, working out your brain mentally. and putting an equal amount into everything.

do not confuse what i'm saying for work work work. it is important to not burn oneself out either. this can become very dangerous. for myself, one day of relaxation, unwinding, and rest a week at the end of each week (happens to be sunday in my case) allows me to recharge and perform at the optimal amount the following week.

@hack0taku

it definitely is much easier to quit smoking weed than any other substance in my opinion (cigarettes being one of the hardest for me). but to go into the explanation on that would be a whole other post that i don't have time for. the temptation is obviously going to be strongest at first. thankfully, it will not last very long. within a week or two you will be over it. within 2-4 weeks you will begin to notice the benefits of not smoking. your mind will clear up. your motivation will return. your sleep habits back to normal. your eating habits will restore. all i can think of is a ton of positives from quitting weed and not enough benefits to justify it. and you seem to be on the same page otherwise you'd still be smoking right now. just remember why you quit when the temptation comes. the temptations are very light in comparison to other substances and easy to ignore.

i'm glad you made this decision and hope you stick with it. i'd like updates from you and breakingods on the specific benefits you notice after a little bit of time of not smoking. i ask you this so that you will consciously think about the benefits and really ingrain that in your head.
BreakinGods
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support and help with reasoning TIG as I actually haven't really thought deeply about the benefits thoroughly besides money and anxiety
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
Antagonist wrote:

while this has not been proven scientifically, it is more than just a personal belief. it is widely accepted among addicts and alcoholics alike. there's a saying i use... while the obsession to use will eventually go away; the temptation to use will be there the rest of your life. once you cross the line of addiction there is no going back. what this means is that even if i were to stay sober for 5-10+ years and tried to shoot heroin like a gentleman, i'd go straight back to where i was 13 months ago. it may or may not happen that day, maybe a week down the line, a month, etc. but it is inevitable. i have not only accepted and come to terms with this truth, but have no qualms about it. that coupled with wanting to stay sober and putting the effort into my sobriety is the secret to my success. it's actually a very simple thing that many people over complicate (talix for example).

in the beginning it is a common trap that many newly sober addicts fall into (myself included). for example, i became a work-a-holic working 60 hours a week for the first 4-6 months of my sobriety. many people i know do excessive work out, others excessive video games, excessive eating, sex, etc. essentially you're doing the same thing as before you're running away from the root issues by distracting yourself with something else.

a lot of my success also comes from the fact that i stopped running. i began to address and face myself. i learned who i was, why i did the things i did, why i felt the way i did. what was really going on inside of me. before i used to be depressed but could not understand why. if you don't understand yourself how can you fix yourself? if you don't know there's a booger hanging from your nose and you don't stop to look in the mirror you can't take action and fix it.

next it is essential to have a healthy balance in life. this ties in with not doing something in excess and engrossing your life with one thing. sometimes it's easy to justify working your ass off or studying your ass off because the benefit is huge, but it will wear on you as a human. we are not robots. we have our limits. taking care of ones body, mind and spirit are ESSENTIAL. that means eating right, having a strict sleep schedule, working out your body physically, working out your brain mentally. and putting an equal amount into everything.

do not confuse what i'm saying for work work work. it is important to not burn oneself out either. this can become very dangerous. for myself, one day of relaxation, unwinding, and rest a week at the end of each week (happens to be sunday in my case) allows me to recharge and perform at the optimal amount the following week.

@hack0taku

it definitely is much easier to quit smoking weed than any other substance in my opinion (cigarettes being one of the hardest for me). but to go into the explanation on that would be a whole other post that i don't have time for. the temptation is obviously going to be strongest at first. thankfully, it will not last very long. within a week or two you will be over it. within 2-4 weeks you will begin to notice the benefits of not smoking. your mind will clear up. your motivation will return. your sleep habits back to normal. your eating habits will restore. all i can think of is a ton of positives from quitting weed and not enough benefits to justify it. and you seem to be on the same page otherwise you'd still be smoking right now. just remember why you quit when the temptation comes. the temptations are very light in comparison to other substances and easy to ignore.

i'm glad you made this decision and hope you stick with it. i'd like updates from you and breakingods on the specific benefits you notice after a little bit of time of not smoking. i ask you this so that you will consciously think about the benefits and really ingrain that in your head.

I've come to terms with the fact that I have an addictive personality. The reason I've never done heroin is because I think I would enjoy it too much and would go down that spiral. I agree with most everything you've said, and I have already been working out lately since I joined a gym, and I've started cracking down on programming, because I know I really need to learn it.

I don't know that I am "running away" from anything, it's possible, but I'm not 100 on if I am. Mostly I smoked because being high felt better than not being high, but it eventually reached a point where I wouldn't really want to do much unless I was high, and would mainly just hang out with people who smoked and played vidya. I just fell into a life of indulgence, but I'm starting to grow a little wiser, and I see how many years I have ahead of me, and I am starting to really dislike all the time I've wasted sitting around in a haze just feeling good even though I didn't "earn" it. Just tricking my brain into telling me that everything is great.

The temptations are pretty strong now, like you said, and I am hoping you're right in them weakening over time. The first day is always the hardest, and I'm about to sleep and have a successful day one, so I just gotta keep doing that.

The balance in life thing is huge, and I know I am way off track. I need to work out, to study, to meditate, and to relax, my trouble is, like you were saying, I tend to fall heavily into one at a time and the others fall to the wayside, but I will have to work on it.

I'll be sure to let you know how I feel and if I've stuck with it 2 weeks from now.
BreakinGods
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackOtaku wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:
Antagonist wrote:

@hack0taku

I've come to terms with the fact that I have an addictive personality. The reason I've never done heroin is because I think I would enjoy it too much and would go down that spiral. I agree with most everything you've said, and I have already been working out lately since I joined a gym, and I've started cracking down on programming, because I know I really need to learn it.

I don't know that I am "running away" from anything, it's possible, but I'm not 100 on if I am. Mostly I smoked because being high felt better than not being high, but it eventually reached a point where I wouldn't really want to do much unless I was high, and would mainly just hang out with people who smoked and played vidya. I just fell into a life of indulgence, but I'm starting to grow a little wiser, and I see how many years I have ahead of me, and I am starting to really dislike all the time I've wasted sitting around in a haze just feeling good even though I didn't "earn" it. Just tricking my brain into telling me that everything is great.

The temptations are pretty strong now, like you said, and I am hoping you're right in them weakening over time. The first day is always the hardest, and I'm about to sleep and have a successful day one, so I just gotta keep doing that.

The balance in life thing is huge, and I know I am way off track. I need to work out, to study, to meditate, and to relax, my trouble is, like you were saying, I tend to fall heavily into one at a time and the others fall to the wayside, but I will have to work on it.

I'll be sure to let you know how I feel and if I've stuck with it 2 weeks from now.
I read you want to sleep as much as possible during the first four days, so that's what I did usually sleeping at least 10 hours. I think you have a better understanding of the repercussions of smoking, so thanks for your insight it will help keep me going.
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

excessive sleeping falls directly in line with everything else in excess that i said to not do. i mean, if it helps you during those first few days then go for it. but it's not something that should be considered healthy or the "right" way to do it.

Hack0taku wrote:
I don't know that I am "running away" from anything, it's possible, but I'm not 100 on if I am. Mostly I smoked because being high felt better than not being high

first off, i want to tell you if you want to stay off the weed and you put in the required work to do so you will.

second, this right here tells me that you are running away from something, and like i said, you simply are not aware. for many years i was unaware. it is not easy to truly know yourself. it does not happen over night. it happens through years of reflecting inward with a sober mind. i'm still learning about myself to this day and will continue to for the rest of my life followed by adjustments and improvements. these are things i must work on daily.

now, you say you smoke because the high felt better than not being high. that right there is a red flag in my eyes. currently, the saying "high on life" LITERALLY applies to me. i am beaming with happiness, energy, excitement, motivation, and all around contentedness with everything happening in my life. i've gotten to a point where i feel way better naturally than i ever did on any cocktail of drugs. i literally can feel the dopamine gushing out my brain. i literally can feel the synapses connecting releasing that juicy serotonin. i am naturally high 24/7 and it is the greatest high i've ever experienced. this should be the goal.

once you achieve this goal, the end game should be to maintain this feeling for the rest of your life. how do you maintain this feeling? be conscious of everything you've done to get to this point. think of it like this. if i eat 5000 calories a day and get fat. it is very apparent that the excessive eating led to me gaining weight. this is the same concept it's just not as obvious as all these little things you do add up to a huge change in your entire life and perspective. do not stop doing what you did that leads you to this point. it is part of a daily routine you must maintain. why risk slipping back into old patterns one at a time only to eventually lead back to smoking weed. you only need to change one thing about yourself; that's everything.

i greatly look forward to hearing about your success and hope you take my advice to heart and at least give it a try. there is no harm in trying. the only thing that can come out of it is an improved life.

Last edited by TheIndianGuy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I don't feel anything near that, I'm inclined to say you're right. What it is I am running from and why are questions I will have to reflect on, something that will be easier to do without having a muddled mind all the time. Thanks for the advice.
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was my pleasure. i get great enjoyment in giving away what was so freely given to me. i do this for a living too. at least for the time being.
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally out back smoking with my brother while I type this. I've gone multiple periods of time smoking infrequently, frequently, and none at all. All I can say as someone who's motor skills don't worsen from use but actually improve, outright quiting doesn't seem feasible in the near future.
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
Literally out back smoking with my brother while I type this. I've gone multiple periods of time smoking infrequently, frequently, and none at all. All I can say as someone who's motor skills don't worsen from use but actually improve, outright quiting doesn't seem feasible in the near future.

once the benefits ofnoy smoking outweigh the negatives (only you can come to this conclusion) will you have a desire to stop. i vaguely remember you quitting for a year because your parents drug tested you.
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
I'm confused by this, it's not as if your motor skills are so bad that you actually need weed to function right? Not that I'm against people smoking weed, obv, I just don't see how it's a necessity to the point where it's not feasible to quit.
Coldie ;]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not addicted to weed my beautiful possum. Just start working out, or starting getting hit in the face through some form of martial arts.

That /addiction/ will be gone in a snaz!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: