Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question about Guild Wars 2 and Cheat Engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IsmertIdegen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: A question about Guild Wars 2 and Cheat Engine Reply with quote

I have a rather awkward question, but I figure that the CE forum is the best place to ask:

If I have Guild Wars 2 open and running, and Cheat Engine alongside, but I use the latter to mess about with something entirely different (meaning I would never even touch GW2 with Cheat Engine itself), can that get me in trouble with GW2?

Context is, I usually play GW2 rather casually and it is up and running quite a lot, but in the meantime it'd happen that I run another, smaller game that I want to fire up Cheat Engine for. I heard/read about other online games which would have you banned for merely having CE installed/running on the same computer, and I'd like to know if it's safe or not.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As somebody that's never played Guild Wars 2, I don't know. It's totally up to the game how paranoid they are.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guild Wars 2 has no client sided anti-cheat in terms of detecting Cheat Engine. You're fine. Safety wise, just don't attach to it to be safe in case they do ever add anything.
IsmertIdegen
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's immense relief, thanks a bunch!
Pyroman
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Now if only there was working tables for this game. Reply with quote

Now if only there was working tables for this game.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Now if only there was working tables for this game. Reply with quote

Pyroman wrote:
Now if only there was working tables for this game.

We do not allow online / multiplayer game hacking on this site, so you will not find any tables or discussions involving this game.

BadTrip
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a late answer but at least I can give a clear answer now: YES, IT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE when running CE and GW2 at the same time.

My GW2 account just got suspended for 6 months because I'm using CE, but CE was never attached to GW2. I simply didn't close CE before starting GW2 and doing my dailies there.

There's also no chance to get unbanned. After writing a ticket I had to wait 2 weeks for a response. It was some standard-crap that didn't make me think, that they even read my ticket explanation. Then they simply claimed, that they watched my account again and detected, that CE was attached to GW2. Of course they couldn't give me more information, not even at what time my CE was attached to GW in their opinion. The only information I got was that any further questions about the suspension will be closed without any response. Long live dictatorship!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: