Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to knowing pointer and multilevel pointer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazterzt404
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: how to knowing pointer and multilevel pointer Reply with quote

Hello community...
sorry forasking but i just new on game hacking, so i want to asking what's different about pointer and multi level pointer, i know how to find pointer but dont know how to use it. i just change value that pointing on that pointer and dont know how to use that on trainer, and btw what's real function about it? what's make different about value on pointer with just normal value the result of scaning? the effect is same right? but what's make different?

Thank you.

PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are essentially the same but a multi level pointer has multiple levels (pointer to pointer to pointer etc)
for example a pointer could be [game.exe+1234] and a multi level pointer could be [[[[game.exe1234]+C]+6F4]+5]+68
the base of a multi level pointer points to an address, the value in that address +offser points to another address, the value in that address+offset points to another address and so on.

when you are just searching addresses with cheat engine you are effectively searching for the last address a pointer is pointing to which holds the value of what you are looking for.
sasatefa2009
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay with it until it gets green

see step 8 in the cheat engine tutorial

blazterzt404
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sasatefa2009 wrote:
stay with it until it gets green

see step 8 in the cheat engine tutorial

yeah i know sometimes it's get green color, and the green address is the last pointer? okay so if i have the correct pointer for address which i searching for, so the next step is just activate it and change the value of that pointer to make sure the pointer are not changing?

okay i have question again, if we have found the green address from pointer / multilevelpointer, if we save the cheat table , and close the game are that pointer still work on game or changed?

thanks.

cooleko
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will work if the pointer is correct. If it doesnt work, then the pointer is not correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: