Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frustrating shared code help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Frustrating shared code help Reply with quote

So I have found this shared code that when I nop gives all monsters, friendlies, and myself unlimited health.. But when I try to find what this addresses accesses it seems that I can't find my health or anything of which is happening.. For example.. I find what it accesses - then I hit some people run around and get hit etc etc, it will give me A LOT of addresses, so I have even tried taking every single address and freezing them all. Sometimes it crashes the game and sometimes it doesn't but when it doesn't I still don't have god mode. Everything functions as normal.. What is going on with this? I'm thinking maybe I'm noping the damage dealt math, and not our health or something and it just isn't calculating the damage.... What do you think?
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have found a big one lol.

So, what does the code look like? Does it pop up when you "see what writes to this address" on your hp?
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:

So, what does the code look like? Does it pop up when you "see what writes to this address" on your hp?

Yes it does, but the reason I think it is altering something else is because when I do what writes to this address on my health, that address of health when frozen DOESN'T stop decrease.. But when I nop what is writing to it, that stops all entities from being decreased.. So there is something else going on I believe.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay and what is the code itself you're removing? It may be setting up something that other things are using.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogpayne wrote:
deama1234 wrote:

Yes it does, but the reason I think it is altering something else is because when I do what writes to this address on my health, that address of health when frozen DOESN'T stop decrease.. But when I nop what is writing to it, that stops all entities from being decreased.. So there is something else going on I believe.

So when you freeze your HP address, it doesn't stop it from decreasing right? But when you nop the code that writes to it, it does stop the HP from decreasing, but it also stops other things from working properly, correct?
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:
ogpayne wrote:
deama1234 wrote:

So when you freeze your HP address, it doesn't stop it from decreasing right? But when you nop the code that writes to it, it does stop the HP from decreasing, but it also stops other things from working properly, correct?

Yes this is exactly what is happening.
Also when I nop it and walk into new areas, enemies spawn; but they seem to be frozen..
Rydian wrote:
Okay and what is the code itself you're removing? It may be setting up something that other things are using.

Rydian this is the code I am noping..
Code:
originalcode:
//mov [eax+7C],ecx
//movss [eax+00000080],xmm0
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the instruction is executed quicker than cheat engine can freeze.

At this point you should just make a simple comparison injection to narrow down the results; like comparing your hp in the range 0 to 500, so it'll discard anything that doesn't resemble hp.

Code:
//mov [eax+7C],ecx

You also "nop" the "movss" one too?
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:

At this point you should just make a simple comparison injection to narrow down the results; like comparing your hp in the range 0 to 500, so it'll discard anything that doesn't resemble hp.

Code:
//mov [eax+7C],ecx

I don't know how to do this in asm... Could I do, cmp [eax+7C],1-500?

What I did do was this
Code:
cmp [eax+7C],100
jg jumpExit

this made the enemies stop freezing and the game stop crashing... But now we all have god mode again lol.
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

ogpayne wrote:
deama1234 wrote:

Code:
//mov [eax+7C],ecx

Try something like this:

Code:
newmem:
cmp [eax+7C],1F4 // 1F4 is hp, I donno what's the max hp, so increase this if it's more than 500
jb check
jmp originalcode

check:
mov [eax+7C],eax //once you've injected this script, look what THIS instruction is accessing
jmp exit

originalcode:
mov [eax+7C],ecx

exit:
movss [eax+00000080],xmm0
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:
ogpayne wrote:
deama1234 wrote:

Code:
//mov [eax+7C],ecx

Try something like this:

Code:
newmem:
cmp [eax+7C],1F4 // 1F4 is hp, I donno what's the max hp, so increase this if it's more than 500
jb check
jmp originalcode

check:
mov [eax+7C],eax //once you've injected this script, look what THIS instruction is accessing
jmp exit

originalcode:
mov [eax+7C],ecx

exit:
movss [eax+00000080],xmm0

You say this.. mov [eax+7C],eax //once you've injected this script, look what THIS instruction is accessing
I don't really understand what you mean.. Also, this code, when activated the game doesn't crash and also no one has god mode anymore.
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not supposed to do anything; you just use it to narrow down the search.

Alright, once you activate that script; go to the memory viewer where your original instruction used to be, there should now be some sort of "jmp ..." there. Right click it and then "follow" it; it should then bring you to the scripts' "code cave". Now look for the first "mov [eax+7C],ecx " from the top, then right click it and see what "accessses" it, and see if you get as many results.
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:
It's not supposed to do anything; you just use it to narrow down the search.

Alright, once you activate that script; go to the memory viewer where your original instruction used to be, there should now be some sort of "jmp ..." there. Right click it and then "follow" it; it should then bring you to the scripts' "code cave". Now look for the first "mov [eax+7C],ecx " from the top, then right click it and see what "accessses" it, and see if you get as many results.

Sorry I became very busy yesterday but now I am back.. This is what it was all accessing.

Versus what it is now accessing from that injection.
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, is the health a float?
ogpayne
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deama1234 wrote:
Oh, is the health a float?

I'm honestly not sure.. It's a health bar, not numbers. So I do unknown initial value; then do decreased until it gets down to about 50, and then theres everything from 1 byte to float that exactly follows my health. BUT when I freeze all of these it doesn't stop my health from decreasing.. That's why I am very baffled at what is happening.. Because obviously the values are following my health.. But they don't freeze it or anything. Do games ever start your health at 0 for full health then INCREASE, as you take damage? Instead of 100 being full and 0 being empty, do they switch it? Because this game is really frustrating me at what is happening..
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, then the hp must be a float.
The reason you can't freeze it is because the instructions that manipulate the health are executed quicker than cheat engine can freeze them at the default rate (you can adjust it in the settings, but not sure if it'll work).

A bar huh? Well, you know what the max hp value could be? Or just search for them again and post all the floats here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: