Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Health Pointer for Starbound Pleased Giraffe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XaneXXXX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Health Pointer for Starbound Pleased Giraffe? Reply with quote

So, out of curiosity.. has ANYONE found a working health pointer for the game? If so, what level and how big was the offset?

I found the coordinates in the game. For them, it was enough with level 5 and 2000 in offset. The pointers works fine. B

ut i can't seem to find a working one for the health. ALWAYS ending up with 0 results. One thing that i know is that almost every pointer that works is from the "THREADSTACK0" and not the Starbound.exe itself.

I've tried many different settings in CE, modified it to include all the read only ones, and ONLY stack pointers etc. I still can't seem to find a static one.

So any tips?

PS. i have already made a script for infinite health, i just wanna find the pointer because it annoys me that it is so hard lol.
deama1234
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tried using the pointer scan?
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

I tried and tried and tried, but everything either breaks eventually or doesn't work for other people. Given that the game has a Lua engine in it and junk and considers all entities of the same structure as the player I'm not too surprised. This is why my table is just scripts (that modify engine functions) and it doesn't attempt to expose any of the player variables.

You could go the old "find code that deals with the player health and work from that", but all the code that reads the player's life address even while standing still also deals with other things too.

Hell, energy doesn't even appear to be in the same structure as health, to give you an idea of how jumbled up stuff is.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: ive hacked starbound a while ago Reply with quote

just search all values and unkown initial value. everytime the health bar goes down press decreased value by (the amount of damadge you took) and heal your self and do the same again, it should look like a bunch of numbers "10255839" then wait untill your completly healed and freeze all the values u find, or do 1 at a time. there should be under 20 or if you did it well enought at about 5. hope this helped.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That finds the health once.

When you close and restart the game, that will no longer work and you will need to repeat that process every time you run the game.

People want to find pointers or make scripts to avoid having to redo it every time.

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post my pointer scan. What Rydian says is true. It changed the second time I started the game.
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the answers! Then I'll skip the pointers lol Razz
Cake-san
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm just going to put it here Confused

starbound.CT
 Description:
Beta.Build.20150826

Download
 Filename:  starbound.CT
 Filesize:  2.71 KB
 Downloaded:  1385 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: