Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBVM booting - but branching stuck at 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> DBVM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkdamp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: DBVM booting - but branching stuck at 0 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm currently running CE 6.4 on a Windows 7 64-bit with 2 cores in VMWARE 11.2 with Intel VT-X setup. Booting DBVM works just fine and I get the messagebox saying DBVM64 starting.

However, starting Ultimap with a process attached - "Banch targets" stays at a constant 0 in no matter how much interaction I make in the process/game attached. I also get no error or anything upon starting.

I have tried turning "Preemptive flushing" on and off. Increase worker threads. I couldn't seem to find anyone with a similar problem so I thought I'd ask.

No Hyper-V is enabled in windows services either. I have no anti-virus or external programs, simply a clean Windows installation.

Thanks in advance.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure vmware implement the branch trace store cpu feature.
It's possible they haven't properly implemented it. (not many OS'es/applications make use of that feature)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
darkdamp
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I'm not sure vmware implement the branch trace store cpu feature.
It's possible they haven't properly implemented it. (not many OS'es/applications make use of that feature)

Yeah upon further reading regarding branching it seems like they have no support for it.
"The IA32_DEBUGCTL MSR is not virtualized in VMware products. Writes are ignored and it always reads as zero"

Thanks anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> DBVM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: