Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asheron's Call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xog
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Asheron's Call Reply with quote

this is an MMOPRG. Serverside. Now, before you jump down my throat I'd like to state something here.

When you first make your character you get a screen like this:
http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=attributesjpg0vm.jpg

you start with 270 attribute credits (on top right). I used 3 for strength, just to show an example for you ppl that sliding the bar increases the stats.

using CE i've been able to search for "10" on str, then raise it up 1 point to 11, and got the right variable. I froze it and changed the value to 800. It really works. It affects sword skill, jump skill, etc. (here's a pic for those of u who dont know this: http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stuffjpg6hu.jpg ) On the left side of that pic are skills. the skills are increased based on your attributes (the higher the strength the higher the jump skill) [I am just skimming thru the character creation screen to show u the basics, i didn't bother putting together real skills]

OK, now back on topic, when I found the process and made my strength to 800 with CE, my jump went up to like 400 in the last screen where u make the name and revise the stats for the character. Meaning.. it worked? correct?

OK, now, when I made a name (even jumpled letters like fdshgdhg) it says "The server is unable to create your character at this time. Please try again later." Obviously, it detected something wrong. Because right after, i restarted a char and made it without a problem without CE. So, if I'm correct, if I stop the processes accessing the stats (maybe it does a check on if this skill is higher than this number, then make this message) then I should be ok right? [the bar to increase the attribute only goes up to 100. I put it all the way to 800 by editing the value on CE.] I detected what accesses the certain stats and whatnot. Low and behold, when I clicked on "Create character" and the message "The server is unable to create your character at this time. Please try again later." I alt+tabbed out and it found the process. I replaced it with code that does nothing. went back into the game and tried it again. The message still came up. What's going on? Why can't I do it? Shouldn't there being no code in the process for the attribute check allow me to bypass it? ..Maybe it is possible to edit serverside stats like this..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: