Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkS1d3
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Request's Reply with quote

Hello im a really huge fan of cheatengine and been using it for a long time now. however there is a few things that would make life alot easier.

When you do "Assemblyscan" mem view > Search > Search for assembly code

it would be nice if you can select all/some resultsand right click and set breakpoint

Right click on the beggining of a function and set breakpoint on all calling addresses

Right now i have to go manually to 1 by 1 after dissecting the code, would be very handy when there is "chunk functions" which is used to hide things you want to find

In the address list you can click "findout what access this address"
Is there anyway you could add "Break and trace" option to that. it is very common that i find functions where its used by alot of functions to hide the right locations.

however the access thingy only get triggered when it should, so i assume it would be possibly to add break and trace?

(in the result window where it counts up each time its used)

Add "Stop Update" to results in the result list. sometimes there is over 50 that goes very fast and CE/sortware freeze

Idea of Break and trace in the mem view. allow the user to set "if case" example if current statement (eax+0C/eax/edx) = 555 then pause or put in a log window

This would save alot of time when you try to find the right hooking point and know what you are looking for

I dont mean that you need to be able to set eax or edx as a case. simply check if the value popups somewhere and then tells where.

Idea Break and trace
add an option where it skips logging addies outside the current module (example jumping to dll's, instead wait when it comes back to the current module)

Idea breakpoint
Allow user to set if case (when not to activate)
Example some functions is called 10 times and then on the 11th time you find what you are searching for.

Then you could set breakpoint and when it gets triggered you can click a button "ignore if eax = current value" and it takes the current value into a ignore list

Save breakpoint locations when reattaching the application/game incase of crash

8. (not important for me)
Fix .cem, when you loadup a cemfile CE freeze. not sure if its because of the size.

Save/Load last scan settings. the default memory region is to big so that even cheatengine complain when you press scan. would be better if it just loadup the last settings so you dont need edit every time.

Fix bug with scanning ReadOnly region. When you make the checkbox (square) you can search the readonly area also. however if you reattach the application sometimes it stops working and you need to restart CE

Add option to skip message about software breakpoints

Add "Copy Address" to right click in memview instead of only whole opcode

Add settings to show Address instead of module address in the cheatlist (right after scanning and adding to cheatlist)

=====================
Im sure some is a lil complicated and time consuming, however i hope some of the is possible especially the breakpoints on alot of places at once.

Really greate tool in overall, i love the work you have done. would just be nice to make it simplier to use the functions thats is already added in the software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: