Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xenoverse Save Editing
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chasesan
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Xenoverse Save Editing Reply with quote

I didn't have much hope for this initially, since these games these days are usually quite excessive in their saving mechanisms these days.

But I found the save for my 3 characters is only 208 kb.

That's smaller than DS game saves, which I have successfully hacked before.

Anyway, the save for this game is located in Steam\userdata\########\323470\remote\DBXV.sav for the Steam version (which is what I have).

I don't care much about the actual character editing at the moment, and have instead focused on the item editing. Here is what I have figured out from a 10 minute inspection.

----

The file is Little Endian, not a massive surprise there. If it has a CRC it is ignored, any changes to the item counts causes no problems loading the file.

With my 3 save slots, the items start at 0x13A9C and end at 0x1CA9C.

Each type section is 4096 bytes long. Which means there are different 9 sections.

Each of these sections is broken up into 256 item entries, each of 16 bytes in size.
Each entry consists of 4, 4-byte integers (not a big surprise there either).
  1. Type (FF FF FF FF) if none
  2. Identifier (FF FF FF FF) if none
  3. Count
  4. Unknown

The type always seems to match the index of the section it is in, the first section will be 0, the second 1, and so on, unless that entry is empty, in which case it will be 0xFFFFFFFF, if it is that value, the item identifier will also be that value.

Identifiers seem to be reused in different type sections. Meaning that you can have an id 1 of type 0, and an id 1 of type 1.

The Unknown value is usually 0, but occasionally has a different value. This may be the number of times the item has been used or an equip slot for each of the characters or an in battle item slot, could be anything.

Anyway, the sections are as follows.
  • 0 - upper body
  • 1 - lower body
  • 2 - hands
  • 3 - feet
  • 4 - accessories
  • 5 - z-souls
  • 6 - mixing items
  • 7 - important items
  • 8 - capsules
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the same data inside the game.

The FFFFFFFF doesn't seem to actually identify an item though.
It simply determines whether or not to put a star next to new items.
I wasn't able to actually unlock additional items.

I did add 1 to the item counter for each slot and it allowed me to use Goku's suit, which wasn't previously unlocked.

Adding any more than 1 simply causes it to start duplicating the few items I already have unlocked.
chasesan
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The items are in a list, you need to add new items in place of those FFFF FFFF 0000 0000 sections.

I know it works, because I did it (and it worked, lol). Anyway, now for more information about the save!

Skills!

At 1CADC, 20ADC and 24ADC are the skill sections, each section is 0x4000 long (16 kb). Though the area the skills actually take up in that area is much less.

Every skill in the game is already loaded into the sections, and so you don't need to do anything complex to change them.

1CADC are the super skills.
20ADC are the ultimate skills.
24ADC are the evasion skills.

Each skill entry consists of 16 bytes. Those 16 bytes make up 4 integers as follows.
  1. Have Skill Boolean
  2. Skill Identifier
  3. Maybe viewed boolean
  4. Maybe placement value

But we really only care about one, the first one. Which if set to 01 will enable the skill, and if set to 00 will disable it.

Not much else to say about the skills in the save file.
jorel43
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you mind posting a screenshot for those of us more visual, with regards to the items hacking. thank you.
Drinkie
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorel43 wrote:
would you mind posting a screenshot for those of us more visual, with regards to the items hacking. thank you.

Agreed a image or short video would help
Minds_Eye
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Xenoverse Save Editing Reply with quote

chasesan wrote:
I didn't have much hope for this initially, since these games these days are usually quite excessive in their saving mechanisms these days.

But I found the save for my 3 characters is only 208 kb.

That's smaller than DS game saves, which I have successfully hacked before.

Anyway, the save for this game is located in Steam\userdata\########\323470\remote\DBXV.sav for the Steam version (which is what I have).

I don't care much about the actual character editing at the moment, and have instead focused on the item editing. Here is what I have figured out from a 10 minute inspection.

----

The file is Little Endian, not a massive surprise there. If it has a CRC it is ignored, any changes to the item counts causes no problems loading the file.

With my 3 save slots, the items start at 0x13A9C and end at 0x1CA9C.

Each type section is 4096 bytes long. Which means there are different 9 sections.

Each of these sections is broken up into 256 item entries, each of 16 bytes in size.
Each entry consists of 4, 4-byte integers (not a big surprise there either).
  1. Type (FF FF FF FF) if none
  2. Identifier (FF FF FF FF) if none
  3. Count
  4. Unknown

The type always seems to match the index of the section it is in, the first section will be 0, the second 1, and so on, unless that entry is empty, in which case it will be 0xFFFFFFFF, if it is that value, the item identifier will also be that value.

Identifiers seem to be reused in different type sections. Meaning that you can have an id 1 of type 0, and an id 1 of type 1.

The Unknown value is usually 0, but occasionally has a different value. This may be the number of times the item has been used or an equip slot for each of the characters or an in battle item slot, could be anything.

Anyway, the sections are as follows.
  • 0 - upper body
  • 1 - lower body
  • 2 - hands
  • 3 - feet
  • 4 - accessories
  • 5 - z-souls
  • 6 - mixing items
  • 7 - important items
  • 8 - capsules

OK that's about right, but integers #3 and #4 are unequipped count and the equipped item respectively. Beyond that I'm having problems finding the item numbers. Any advice on where to start looking? (I'm trying to get all the Z-souls, and I don't have a full count of the number available or their identifiers.)
chasesan
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the clincher, there isn't a way to figure them out except through trial and error. However I just set some big number and added them all and the game just discarded any incorrect ones.

Basically, I just added any id number from 1 to 180 that I didn't have, and loaded it up in game and tada, it worked.

This game is really easy to hack.
HGPhoenix
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is easy to hack, i added Super Vegeta 2(normal super saiyan aswell) to my Frieza race

He also has a a full boost from the effects of height and weight, while appearing to maintain the speed boost, and being of a small size. Only trouble im having is increasing the stats to an absurd number that has an effect, anything past 100(besides for ki which cant be expanded a bit more) just doesnt show any effects ingame, even when set to the highest they go before they go to -1 or before they show a effect of reseting on the stats graph(which is like 98302 ingame for the number).
Drinkie
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chasesan wrote:
That's the clincher, there isn't a way to figure them out except through trial and error. However I just set some big number and added them all and the game just discarded any incorrect ones.

Basically, I just added any id number from 1 to 180 that I didn't have, and loaded it up in game and tada, it worked.

This game is really easy to hack.

Any chance you could make a .txt file of the Z-Soul ID's that you do have for the rest of us?
anilinov
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HGPhoenix wrote:
It is easy to hack, i added Super Vegeta 2(normal super saiyan aswell) to my Frieza race

He also has a a full boost from the effects of height and weight, while appearing to maintain the speed boost, and being of a small size. Only trouble im having is increasing the stats to an absurd number that has an effect, anything past 100(besides for ki which cant be expanded a bit more) just doesnt show any effects ingame, even when set to the highest they go before they go to -1 or before they show a effect of reseting on the stats graph(which is like 98302 ingame for the number).

Can you upload a picture on what you changed for the transformation skills for super vageta, i unlocked everything else but the transformation skills Sad
HGPhoenix
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anilinov wrote:
HGPhoenix wrote:

Can you upload a picture on what you changed for the transformation skills for super vageta, i unlocked everything else but the transformation skills Sad

Well to add it to a non-saiyan character i had to edit his move slot and set it to Super Vegeta 2, i had already gotten the skill. But do what Chasesan said a few post earlier on skills, it is just changing all of them to 01 to enable them.
PsychoAnon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to cheat engine and I was wondering if someone could write a step by step guide on how to edit skills and items? I have gotten as far as scanning for addresses in memory after opening the save file but I need more specific help.

Cheers.
anilinov
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HGPhoenix wrote:
anilinov wrote:
HGPhoenix wrote:

Well to add it to a non-saiyan character i had to edit his move slot and set it to Super Vegeta 2, i had already gotten the skill. But do what Chasesan said a few post earlier on skills, it is just changing all of them to 01 to enable them.

I did what he said, i added all skills that freeza can use and all other that he can't, but i can't find how to make him use super sayan mode, can you post a pic on the value in hex, they're the same so i can actually copy you're work.
HGPhoenix
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anilinov wrote:
HGPhoenix wrote:
anilinov wrote:
HGPhoenix wrote:

I did what he said, i added all skills that freeza can use and all other that he can't, but i can't find how to make him use super sayan mode, can you post a pic on the value in hex, they're the same so i can actually copy you're work.

cant post a url/img yet so here is the information you need.

The value i changed was 30be8 which is for your ultimate slot+up. The value to change it to super vegeta 2 is |2a 14 00 00|
LeviathanHammer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather new to save editing, so I just wanted some confirmation on this.

Code:

FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00
08 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00
09 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00
0A 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00
0C 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00
0B 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00
06 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF

This should be my 'important item' section, and I should have 1 dragon ball and all 5 time shards, right? (Those are the items I had when I last loaded my save)

I just am having a bit of trouble reading this/adding other dragon balls. I did learn how to do the skill editing but that was much more simple, I think, though I might just be misreading how to edit items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: