Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cheat engine crashing games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: cheat engine crashing games Reply with quote

Hi! there

i recently downloaded ce 6.4 (never had/heard of cheat engine before this) some time back and have tried to use it on 3 games so far but for every game no matter how new or how old the game is..they always crash without any errors or warnings or sounds or such...

example: i started dragon age inquisition and went in-game and then started cheat engine-x86_64 and it worked well for a coupla minutes while i was trying to access the market in-game and the suddenly dai stopped (not even running in task manager) but cheat engine was still all and fine. then i started cheat engine-i386 and the exactly same thing happened and then the normal cheat engine (without any dash and numbers after the name...i have no idea which one is which...my guess would be the x86_64 would bee for 32-bit apps an dthe normal one for 64-bit...or vice-versa but whats that ce-i386 i dont know at all...i downloaded cheat engine 6.4 from the main site)

i did read this 1 thread in this forum where the person had an error occurring and was advised to switch windows debugger method to kernelmode debugger method...but i havent gotten any errors so shall i still do that?...and (outa curiosity) as its 'kernel' wouldnt selecting that effect system kernel files in anyway...that wouldnt be a good thing to do then...no!?

please help! and reply asap

thx
pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone!? ... Sad
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure the version of the game matches ths version of the table
if they do not match the game will crash

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
make sure the version of the game matches ths version of the table
if they do not match the game will crash

hi! im new to this so im not truly sure what did u mean when u asked if the game matches the version of the 'table'

but from what i saw termed as table i havent downloaded any cheat engine extension (table) for dragon age inquisition neither did i ever download it for the previous one i had used cheat engine for (or well...tried to use anyways)..i only use the cheat engine (or cheats in general) to edit the value of gold/items..unless i had loads of playthroughs to go through Smile

other than that if u means the version of cheat engine (which i have is 6.4) and the version of teh game...then....well i do not see any info any where specifying that dragon age inquisition requires version 5.5 or 6.4 or which version of cheat engie...

thx for the reply though..

awaiting more help! in the matter
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with version i mean the dragon age version.
there have been some patches for dragon age, and each patch is a dufferent version.
tables that are designed for one version of the game will crash any other version of the game

pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
with version i mean the dragon age version.
there have been some patches for dragon age, and each patch is a dufferent version.
tables that are designed for one version of the game will crash any other version of the game

hmm...i c...well in that case...im sure thats nt the trouble then...coz i havent downloaded any of the tables for dai from here cheatengine.org/tables

unless....do i have to downloade the table for dai for the value changing to work without the game crashing??
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you running the 64 bit version of cheat engine?
for some reason i see a lot of users trying the 32 bit ce version on dai which is a 64 bit game

pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
are you running the 64 bit version of cheat engine?
for some reason i see a lot of users trying the 32 bit ce version on dai which is a 64 bit game

the attached photo shows the 3 exe files termed cheat engine, cheat engine-i386 and cheat engine x86_64

which of these 3 is the 64 bit exe?...if im not wrong its the 'x86_64' one right?...in any case i have tried using all 3 but the trouble still persists. Crying or Very sad

ce6.4.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.13 KB
 Viewed:  57861 Time(s)

ce6.4.JPG

mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"cheat engine.exe" - launcher (it launches 32bit CE on 32 bit OS, and 64bit CE on 64bit OS)
"cheatengine-i386.exe" - 32bit CE
"cheatengine-x86-64.exe" - 64bit CE

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
"cheat engine.exe" - launcher (it launches 32bit CE on 32 bit OS, and 64bit CE on 64bit OS)
"cheatengine-i386.exe" - 32bit CE
"cheatengine-x86-64.exe" - 64bit CE

glad to know i was definitely right about that one. Smile

yup been using the x86_64 but have also tried other 2...the game crashes but not ce and it crashes abruptly and without any error or sound.

yet i manage to get the values of gold, herbs, etc. to desired quantity. only that- i start ce, edit one value as fast as i can and close ce as soon as i edit it. hence, preventing game crash. but having to do it again and again is a pain in the ----.

just in case this matters: my laptop is i5-3337U, intel hd graphics 4000, acer aspire v7, without any amd/nvedia card, has 12gb ram, 1.80GHz and 4 cores, win8.1, 64-bit. (but i dont supposed this specification could be causing all this head-cracking trouble!..yes?)

Last edited by pkx123 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're using it when playing multiplayer with other people? Because that is normal

and it's possible you're just editing the wrong fields

pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
you're using it when playing multiplayer with other people? Because that is normal

and it's possible you're just editing the wrong fields

nope...

as much as i would try to play multiplayer games (which i have) or m.p mode in s.p games...i heartly dislike/discourage multiplayer option in a game(s) like dai, mass effect, farcry...etc...or basically any multiplayer Smile

--EDIT--

oh! btw...thx for the help thus far...alas! still looking forward to resolving this trouble and

Very Very Happy New Year to ya both Smile
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know for sure but if for some reason the table uses debugging, you may want to go to settings->debugger and set it to veh debug

oh yes, you do target the process by doubleclicking the name or clicking ok? if you use attach to process you may get crashes

and some tables come with a lua script. Make sure they are executed

pkx123
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
i don't know for sure but if for some reason the table uses debugging, you may want to go to settings->debugger and set it to veh debug

oh yes, you do target the process by doubleclicking the name or clicking ok? if you use attach to process you may get crashes

and some tables come with a lua script. Make sure they are executed

k changed the debugger from windows to veh and yes i do double click the process instead of using 'attach to process'

i donno about that lua script thingy u mentioned..but yes its ticketed off (so i presssume its on!!)

after all that i started dai and did some editing of values> changed 1 herb from 17 to 50 and then when i went to save i couldnt save till i quit ce...after saved it (this trouble is new...started just now...never did i have the trouble of not being able to save with ce on...maybe it was auto saving thats y i couldnt save...ot truly sure)...anyways...so after quiting ce i saved and then restarted ce and went on to editing another herm with value 2 to value 50 but it crashed again!! >.< :'(

basically the 2nd herb i tried editing:
in-game i sold the herb with value 2 to merchant...went to ce scanned the value 2. after getting a bunch of value 2s went beck to the game and bought 1 of that verb so as to scan the value 1...with that change got another bunch of value 1s...went back to the game and again changed the value back to 2 and then scanned and got 3 scans tis time...selected then and loaded the values..then as i was about to highlight the 3 to rightclickand edit the value to 50 the game crashed...but the ce was still on and the values loaded and the process was loaded too. endtask didnt show dai but did show ce.

man this is soooo frustrating >.< (and almost everytime it happens the very same way)...

--EDIT--

update: k so the save thing i mentioned wasnt any trouble from ce...it was autosaving at that time i suppose...coz i again tried editing the herb with the value 2 i wanted to edit and i was able to edit..i didnt try editing any other value as i feared it would crash again...and without quiting ce i was able to save...but se...if i edit 1 value and fast enought it edits...if i edit 2 values (even if fast) it crashes the game...
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can recommend is closing CE, run the reset settings program in the cheat engine start menu to make sure no previous settings are conflicting with it, and then try again

Besides that I'm out of ideas. Most people seem to get it to work eventually, but perhaps your system is being 'protected' from getting modified by cheat engine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: