Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guides: Pointer Scanner + Injection Copies + AOB To Data
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penlord
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, pointers are a complete failure for me.

Tried two youtube videos of pointers.

The people in the videos get less then 15 results when searching for a pointer.

They find the address they want to get a 'static address' for. They look for things that access the value. They copy what probably writes to a value and get the offset. They search for what probably writes to the address (in hex form). They receive 15 or less results, and go through the list applying the offset to the pointer until it is the same value as what they're looking for, and bingo. They've got it.

AS FOR ME

follow the same exact process and what do I end up with ? Over 300 results, every time. Can't use their method. I'm not going through over 300 results and hoping I get lucky. **** that to hell.

So, I came here.

Tried this.

Followed instructions exactly.

Result?

Scan: 0 pointers found.

Raised max level to 10 and quadrupled the maximum offset value.

0 pointers found.

I'm starting to think I'm just too mentally handicapped to possibly work with pointers.

Cheatengine tutorial is no help either. Game still producing 990 results. It's a 2 byte value.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penlord wrote:
Once again, pointers are a complete failure for me.

Tried two youtube videos of pointers.

The people in the videos get less then 15 results when searching for a pointer.

They find the address they want to get a 'static address' for. They look for things that access the value. They copy what probably writes to a value and get the offset. They search for what probably writes to the address (in hex form). They receive 15 or less results, and go through the list applying the offset to the pointer until it is the same value as what they're looking for, and bingo. They've got it.

AS FOR ME

follow the same exact process and what do I end up with ? Over 300 results, every time. Can't use their method. I'm not going through over 300 results and hoping I get lucky. **** that to hell.

So, I came here.

Tried this.

Followed instructions exactly.

Result?

Scan: 0 pointers found.

Raised max level to 10 and quadrupled the maximum offset value.

0 pointers found.

I'm starting to think I'm just too mentally handicapped to possibly work with pointers.

Cheatengine tutorial is no help either. Game still producing 990 results. It's a 2 byte value.
Is it a game and value some other people have managed to produce working pointers for?
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a really old crappy game called Myth 2 Soulblighter.

It's the 1.8 update.

Desperate to find out how mentally handicapped I am, I tried your method on another game called Child of Light, and it worked flawlessly. I still have no idea why it doesn't work for old crappy games from 1998 like myth 2.

I'll try the AOB to Data method soon, but I don't know if I'll screw it up because the instructions a little unclear about the middle row and where to copy/paste. (the pictures and sample code do not match, leaving me a little uncertain about where exactly I begin to highlight and prepare to copy the code)

Your second method obviously worked and it brings me back to my days of hacking other games by looking directly into the memory. I am very fond of viewing the memory, so I was comfortable using the AOB to Data method. Thanks for the easier trick than simply looking directly at the code.
Xander9009
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new, so I might be misunderstanding this, but I'm pretty sure the section he copied wasn't intended to be a particularly precise thing. He just looking around the area where that address is found for anything that can used to identify that section of code. It would be like opening Romeo and Juliet and wanting the bit of text right after "Wherefore art thou", only the text you need, "Romeo" is anything but unique in the story, so you can't just search for that directly (or maybe the name changes in this book, and you don't know what it will be). Instead, you search for "Wherefore art thou" because it's unique and close enough to what you need that you can just go "now move forward one word" and you've got the spot you need. (The code just searches for "Wherefore art thou", but the question marks make it so "Wherefore art thou" and "Wherefore are thou" both work.)

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm just now learning this.
Tronux
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you have the value, works ingame, health stays 99999+.
Yet when I restart the game the address changes.
I tried "find out what..." and "pointer scan for this..." but no results show up after I get hit ingame.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penlord wrote:
It's a really old crappy game called Myth 2 Soulblighter.

It's the 1.8 update.

Desperate to find out how mentally handicapped I am, I tried your method on another game called Child of Light, and it worked flawlessly. I still have no idea why it doesn't work for old crappy games from 1998 like myth 2.
I don't have any experience with that game, but are you able to find the addresses reliably every runthrough, and are you editing them to make sure that they're the actual addresses and not copy/display ones?

Penlord wrote:
I'll try the AOB to Data method soon, but I don't know if I'll screw it up because the instructions a little unclear about the middle row and where to copy/paste. (the pictures and sample code do not match, leaving me a little uncertain about where exactly I begin to highlight and prepare to copy the code)
The sample code was made from a different AOB, I was just too lazy to make the two match since when following the tutorial you'd be putting in the data you found anyways, not the example bytes I have listed.

Xander9009 wrote:
I'm new, so I might be misunderstanding this, but I'm pretty sure the section he copied wasn't intended to be a particularly precise thing. He just looking around the area where that address is found for anything that can used to identify that section of code. It would be like opening Romeo and Juliet and wanting the bit of text right after "Wherefore art thou", only the text you need, "Romeo" is anything but unique in the story, so you can't just search for that directly (or maybe the name changes in this book, and you don't know what it will be). Instead, you search for "Wherefore art thou" because it's unique and close enough to what you need that you can just go "now move forward one word" and you've got the spot you need. (The code just searches for "Wherefore art thou", but the question marks make it so "Wherefore art thou" and "Wherefore are thou" both work.)

If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'm just now learning this.
That's a very good explanation of the idea and technique.

Tronux wrote:
What if you have the value, works ingame, health stays 99999+.
Yet when I restart the game the address changes.
I tried "find out what..." and "pointer scan for this..." but no results show up after I get hit ingame.
Re-scan manually to find what the address is each time to make sure that you're putting in the new correct address for it to filter by.
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rydian,
I tried this on two games, both being Ubisoft (oh boy), Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch Dogs. When I rescan for pointers for the second time, I end out with no results, for both the games. Any idea why?

Rydian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiehfeng wrote:
Hey Rydian,
I tried this on two games, both being Ubisoft (oh boy), Assassin's Creed Unity and Watch Dogs. When I rescan for pointers for the second time, I end out with no results, for both the games. Any idea why?
You can try leaving the default scan values of depth 5 and offset 2048, or potentially higher... but if it needs to go higher/deeper than that, then chances are what you want is easier to do with code editing or something.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Newbie to hacking here. Your tutorials have been a big help. I got AoB script to work for Infinite Health for the game called Dust Elysian Tail. However, after a few minutes, the address for Infinite Health would change to a different one. I would have to re-check the AoB script to find the correct address again. Is there anyway around this? Please let me know. Thanks!
Rydian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helloworld911 wrote:
Hi,

Newbie to hacking here. Your tutorials have been a big help. I got AoB script to work for Infinite Health for the game called Dust Elysian Tail. However, after a few minutes, the address for Infinite Health would change to a different one. I would have to re-check the AoB script to find the correct address again. Is there anyway around this? Please let me know. Thanks!
If the entire structure is getting moved around in RAM, then chances are making a script that modifies the health/damage code itself would get you a far more stable result.

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=570083
Sounds like you can jump right to step 3 there.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the day i learned from this tutorial,how to AOB To Data,really changed my life, thank you :]
Creepz
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Rydian's Guide To Modern Pointers + AOB To Data Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
- Foreword

Thanks this really help out alot! I tried what you said the top but it didn't work out for me I'm not sure why but I tried the 2nd one which was the AOB to Data part I got it working. I noticed this takes a while to get these signatures but after that I wont be needing to find it over & over so thanks.

Btw if I want to add another aob wildcard (I think that's what it's called), how can I add more than one?

For example on your picture it shows you alos managed to get mana but didn't really show how you added the mana part to the script.

Btw sorry for the noob question, I know I'm a noob but I'll learn Very Happy

Edit: Also do I have to make a new script if all of them are the same offsets? For example for me all are C (for you was 118).
marko001
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this tutorial, impressive and helped me a lot in finding AOB and datas needed in my flash game

Using your script _player() I am now able to find the correct value of the health whenever I close and reopen the program.

My question is: how can I implement it to my AutoIt script? I mean how can I tell Autoit to use that script to find the current memory location to read?

Thanks,

Marco
darkGraf
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
If the entire structure is getting moved around in RAM, then chances are making a script that modifies the health/damage code itself would get you a far more stable result.

Hello, and thx for you tutorial, but i have more complex problem. I found Player structure, but it moves in memory every level (Tower of Guns). And i can't modify code because it is pretty strange for me - for example, i want to find function that subs my extra jumps, but this function also used by another functions and when i modify it game don't work properly. I mean that first found function is used for many other things - for example for subs health, money, some structures on the level etc. Can i automatically find new address of Player structure when level loaded?
Rydian

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rydian's Guide To Modern Pointers + AOB To Data Reply with quote

Creepz739 wrote:
Thanks this really help out alot! I tried what you said the top but it didn't work out for me I'm not sure why
Maybe the depth and offset weren't high enough, depends on the game.

Creepz739 wrote:
but I tried the 2nd one which was the AOB to Data part I got it working. I noticed this takes a while to get these signatures but after that I wont be needing to find it over & over so thanks.
Depends on the game, some games keep the player structure near the start of the game's RAM and the scans are quick, others allocate it randomly near the end and it takes a few seconds.

Creepz739 wrote:
Btw if I want to add another aob wildcard (I think that's what it's called), how can I add more than one?

For example on your picture it shows you alos managed to get mana but didn't really show how you added the mana part to the script.

Btw sorry for the noob question, I know I'm a noob but I'll learn Very Happy
Scan for the Mana address, find the offset for it, then copy-paste the health line and change the offset to the mana one.

Creepz739 wrote:
Edit: Also do I have to make a new script if all of them are the same offsets? For example for me all are C (for you was 118).
If you have a bunch of different values that are all the same offset, then chances are they're not in the same structure and you would need a different AOB scan for each one... in which case you might want to do something else like this.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=570083

marko001 wrote:
Thanks for sharing this tutorial, impressive and helped me a lot in finding AOB and datas needed in my flash game

Using your script _player() I am now able to find the correct value of the health whenever I close and reopen the program.

My question is: how can I implement it to my AutoIt script? I mean how can I tell Autoit to use that script to find the current memory location to read?

Thanks,

Marco
I don't know, I've never made bots like this.

darkGraf wrote:
Rydian wrote:

Hello, and thx for you tutorial, but i have more complex problem. I found Player structure, but it moves in memory every level (Tower of Guns). And i can't modify code because it is pretty strange for me - for example, i want to find function that subs my extra jumps, but this function also used by another functions and when i modify it game don't work properly. I mean that first found function is used for many other things - for example for subs health, money, some structures on the level etc. Can i automatically find new address of Player structure when level loaded?
If it changes every level when rescan every level, but yeah code edits would be better.

Try to find the value that /reads/ the number of jumps you have left instead of writes it instead, and edit that code to already read/move a static number.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: