Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AobSwap, also audio Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTeCH
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: AobSwap, also audio Question Reply with quote

Hello dudes! Smile

First question is, I have a bit of code to replace some bytes in a game, but I'm used to replacing the exact amount of bytes searched for... I am being strongly told to do it because it will work, but I have no Idea how the AobSwap function works on the inside, despite how obvious it seems. Can I replace 20 bytes with 5 bytes? If so, then how does AobSwap deal with it? Does it just overwrite the first 5 bytes, then leave the rest, or does it reduce the overall filesize by deleting the 20 bytes, & re-injecting 5 in it's place leaving the overall filesize 15 bytes smaller?

I ask because when I click "Ok" in the lua code editor in the window that pops up when you double-click to edit your cheat table entries from the bottom of cheat engine main window, it says,

Code:
"Not All code is injectable{Erro on line 2{Bla bla bla bla}:Undefined Lua Error} Are you sure you want to edit it to this?

Code:
[ENABLE]
LuaCall(Aobswap("09 E7 00 ?? ?? ?? 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 ?? ?? ?? 00", "?? ?? ?? 01 B0"))
[DISABLE]

(The above code is just an example)

It also says:
Code:
attempt to call global 'Aobswap' (a nil value)

I'm hoping the Nil value thing is just because the editor in the main cheatengine window cannot tell what you have written in your Lua code in the Trainer designer section.

Also, Question 2:

Are there any audio functions in Cheat engine's Lua coding that I can use for like button clicks, & mouseover events?

Thanks guys Smile

EDIT:

This is the longest I've ever waited for an answer, & no responses, so I'll take it as no one knows, or whatever.

Thanks all. Smile

ps: You can delete this post if you want.

Fixxxer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you swap the rest with nop bytes?
I am a newbie but I think it is the simplest solution?
DTeCH
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I was basically trying to find out. I know the rules of the game, but not the actual actions taken by the AoBSwap function. Was just trying to find out the FACTS, & not continuing to work with it... not knowing what it really does.

It's working though, but still not sure which method it uses. Might just overwrite the first 5, & leave the remaining 15 bytes as is, or just NOP them. Simply wanted to know which it was. Smile

Thanks for your reply Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: