Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOOB here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ram1009
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
Sorry. It can be very frustrating trying to help some people on this forum. All too often, people complain and are ungrateful. Some folks just want things handed to them, as if they expect nothing less.

It gets old.

I say again all I asked for was a direction to find what I was seeking. I'm willing to do all the work but I need complete, focused instructions and I need to know what to do with the results of my efforts. Your, so called, tutorial is neither and the fact that only you out of 406 readers even responded to me tells me it's a closed community. None of this is my fault. It was this way when I got here.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram1009 wrote:
I say again all I asked for was a direction to find what I was seeking. I'm willing to do all the work but I need complete, focused instructions and I need to know what to do with the results of my efforts. Your, so called, tutorial is neither and the fact that only you out of 406 readers even responded to me tells me it's a closed community. None of this is my fault. It was this way when I got here.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're probably not going to get complete, focused instructions. That's just the way it is. This is not a closed community, but you have to be willing and able to put in the time and work, just like the rest of us have, before people will be willing to help you. After all, nobody has to help. Nobody has to take time out of their day to give you any direction. Any responses that you might garner should be seen as a courtesy. Cheat Engine is free. This forum is free. No offense, but what did you expect?

Surely, you weren't told that this was going to be easy? Part of the enjoyment is in the challenge. If you can't manage to figure out basic steps, without a clear and thorough set of instructions, you might want to consider a different hobby. I don't mean to offend you, but having a problem-solver mindset is kind of essential.

FYI, 406 views does not equate to 406 different readers. I have answered your questions, have I not? If you expect me to write out every single detail, you should probably stop.
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram1009 wrote:
I've managed to get to step 5 but I can't make any sense out of the instructions.
What part of:
Quote:
Step 5: Code finder
Sometimes the location something is stored at changes when you restart the game, or even while you're playing.. In
that case you can use 2 things to still make a table that works.
In this step I'll try to describe how to use the Code Finder function.

The value down here will be at a different location each time you start the tutorial, so a normal entry in the address
list wouldn't work.
First try to find the address. (you've got to this point so I assume you know how to)
When you've found the address, right-click the address in Cheat Engine and choose "Find out what writes to this
address". A window will pop up with an empty list.
Then click on the Change value button in this tutorial, and go back to Cheat Engine. If everything went right there
should be an address with assembler code there now.
Click it and choose the replace option to replace it with code that does nothing. That will also add the code address
to the code list in the advanced options window. (Which gets saved if you save your table)

Click on stop, so the game will start running normal again, and close to close the window.
Now, click on Change value, and if everything went right the Next button should become enabled.

Note: When you're freezing the address with a high enough speed it may happen that next becomes visible anyhow
can't you understand? (If you answer "all of it" like school kids do, I leave this thread. There is at least one sentence you understand.)
BTW: the tutorial gives you near click by click instructions if you attempt to close it at a given step.

ram1009 wrote:
I doubt the author's first language is English.
He (says he) is from the netherlands...I might not be a native english speaker but when I read his tutor it doesn't seem to be written in broken english to me. I'd write "start running normally again" instead of "start running normal again", and " to still make a table" feels a bit odd but that doesn't impede understanding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: