Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto changing values?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackknight6714
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Auto changing values? Reply with quote

So, let me begin by asking everyone's patience... I'm totally new to all this and to be quite honest found the tutorial to be completely overwhelming.

I'm trying to locate and alter values in the current version of Wargame: Airland Battle. The problem is that I've located the value for my deployment points and added it to the box at the bottom but whenever I alter the value it does not reflect in game. When I change the value in game and return to CE the value shows the new in-game value.

Example:

In-game = 2000
Edit value in CE from 2000 to 5000
In-game still = 2000
Alter value In-game (purchase unit), value reduces from 2000 to 1800
Return to CE, value shows 1800

How do I get my change to stay?

Thanks in advance! Smile
NullBy7e
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not experienced with this myself.
But I can tell you that the address is just a fake one, it's probably a reference address..
You have to keep digging, found out what writes to this fake address and check the opcodes.
Blackknight6714
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use that "what writes to this address" function for that right? If so what do I do then?

Sorry to be so clueless but game hacking has gotten soooo much more complicated since the good old days where Artmoney.exe could do almost anything on almost any program.

EDIT:

So I used unknown value search function and narrowed it from over a billion results to 17...

4 of the 17 are red and are constantly changing. What the heck are those? The other 13 appear to have values like this "-7.01201203899736E-177"

Any tips?
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackknight6714 wrote:
I can use that "what writes to this address" function for that right? If so what do I do then?

Sorry to be so clueless but game hacking has gotten soooo much more complicated since the good old days where Artmoney.exe could do almost anything on almost any program.

EDIT:

So I used unknown value search function and narrowed it from over a billion results to 17...

4 of the 17 are red and are constantly changing. What the heck are those? The other 13 appear to have values like this "-7.01201203899736E-177"

Any tips?

If anything gamehacking has gotten easier, the tools have gotten better to the point everyone and their mothers can hack games these days...true story.

To answer your question: why do you care about the red and green colors, that is just CE guessing if the address could be the one you are looking for. The red colors mean the value changed since last scan. Change or freeze them (the ones that aren't turning red first ) and see if they affect the real value in game.

Blackknight6714
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know red means it changed... I'm saying that it is changing constantly. About ever 2 seconds... but the value in game has not. That's why I ask what that is or what it means.

As for freezing the value... Oh I agree! I would love to! ...it won't... that's why I'm asking.

Wish I could provide you a video... that would explain my point better.

I agree the tools have gotten better but you have to know how to use them... that's what has gotten more complicated. Back in the old days you didn't have nearly all this stuff to sort through or figure out. I'm talking about 8-bit here, back when an advanced game was less than 1 megabyte. I'm old school, grey hair and all.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackknight6714 wrote:
I know red means it changed... I'm saying that it is changing constantly. About ever 2 seconds... but the value in game has not. That's why I ask what that is or what it means.

As for freezing the value... Oh I agree! I would love to! ...it won't... that's why I'm asking.

Wish I could provide you a video... that would explain my point better.

I agree the tools have gotten better but you have to know how to use them... that's what has gotten more complicated. Back in the old days you didn't have nearly all this stuff to sort through or figure out. I'm talking about 8-bit here, back when an advanced game was less than 1 megabyte.

Wow, that is a long way back alright. I was referring more to a decade ago and a few years before that when CE was in its infancy and Tsearch/tmk/gamehack/[insert other forgotten tool] were all the rage. Artmoney was still not as popular because of tis paid aspect. I don't know anything before 2003 since thats when i got my first computer and learned gamehacking.

Anyway, i know what you mean. In that case, you can diss the constantly changing values, if the other ones are also not doing anything then you probably missed the real values or the data type is different.

Take a look at these tables and see what data types they have used or find what out this address accesses and find how the game is storing the value you are searching for (defeats the purpose of searching for it yourself though but you will learn how)
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=567816
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=565837

Blackknight6714
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pour over this when I got time but for now it's looking like I'm just too old to keep up with you guys. Ya'll speak a totally unfamiliar language to me. Frankly, it gives me a headache.

Thanks for trying. If someday this clicks to me and I want to give it another go I'll post again.

/Confused old dude goes to watch CNN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: