Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When I'm bored, I love to decompile a fail virus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
equalofheaven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konr wrote:
Shut up Talix

why are you staring over the- never mind
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aniblaze
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:
blablfy. wrote:
Augustine wrote:
I sincerely hope you used something to cover your IP, lest you be implicated with this shit. Although I doubt local police enforcements have half the capacity track and trace all involved parties. Wouldn't worry too much, but you can never be too safe.

Or is that why you posted the login data, to implicate other innocent parties? In that case, well played.

I hacked the email of a guy who was keylogging other people. I doubt I have any real troubles to worry about, what will he say? "THE GUY blablFY HACKED MY EMAIL! MY EMAIL HAD THE LOGS OF LIKE 10 PEOPLE I ILLEGALLY KEYLOGGED!"

The people who complain about stolen data might complain to the police. The police might start an investigation. The investigation might lead to that e-mail address. Access data like IP's for the e-mail might be requested. One of the IP's will lead to your provider. Your provider will hand over your information in accordance with the law. Trail complete.

That said, I doubt the police would go that far, unless they're dealing with millions of stolen user information. That would imply a ring. And being implicated as part of that ring is never good, as you have no viable information to give.

>a hacker/virus ring has the information that would directly lead to access of all of the ring's hard work in their fucking virus
awesome logic

Are you implying I am saying that this is a ring operation? Best learn how to read properly then.

no, i am not implying that at all. you stated that if he were to come across a ring operation, and he was able to access the email account, he could be linked to the ring.
except that wouldn't happen because no hacker ring with millions of accounts is going to make the login information to the email account so readily fucking available for everyone with the virus

maybe YOU should learn how to read. what i said wasn't that difficult to comprehend.

I asked a question, and said that if that were the case you should learn how to read. As you so eloquently explained this is not the case, yet you throw such hostility in your words. Perhaps the cause for my inaptitude to understand doesn't lie with me, but with you. I wasn't the only one questioning what you wrote.

you implied that i didn't know how to read because you didn't understand what i said. the only other person to "question" what i said, is a troll.

i responded with the same degree of hostility as you did.

@bolded
statements like this are hard as fuck for me to understand. i'm going to assume that you meant "and said that, if the assumption i am making about the statement that i questioned is correct, then you should learn how to read". however, your question was less of a question and more of a snide rhetoric retort, otherwise you wouldn't have assumed a response and provided a rebuttal for it.

i'm not insulting you. you're one of the smartest members on cef. but fuck sake, no one is going to decompile a .net virus and gain access to a hacker ring's email address that contains a large enough amount of information to attract police attention.

Wouldn't have used "then" if it was meant to be a rhetorical question, as this implies I was indeed looking for an answer from you. Due to the horrible syntax of your sentences I would have to ask: are you insinuating something with that last sentence?
equalofheaven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augustine wrote:
Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:
Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:
blablfy. wrote:
Augustine wrote:
I sincerely hope you used something to cover your IP, lest you be implicated with this shit. Although I doubt local police enforcements have half the capacity track and trace all involved parties. Wouldn't worry too much, but you can never be too safe.

Or is that why you posted the login data, to implicate other innocent parties? In that case, well played.

I hacked the email of a guy who was keylogging other people. I doubt I have any real troubles to worry about, what will he say? "THE GUY blablFY HACKED MY EMAIL! MY EMAIL HAD THE LOGS OF LIKE 10 PEOPLE I ILLEGALLY KEYLOGGED!"

The people who complain about stolen data might complain to the police. The police might start an investigation. The investigation might lead to that e-mail address. Access data like IP's for the e-mail might be requested. One of the IP's will lead to your provider. Your provider will hand over your information in accordance with the law. Trail complete.

That said, I doubt the police would go that far, unless they're dealing with millions of stolen user information. That would imply a ring. And being implicated as part of that ring is never good, as you have no viable information to give.

>a hacker/virus ring has the information that would directly lead to access of all of the ring's hard work in their fucking virus
awesome logic

Are you implying I am saying that this is a ring operation? Best learn how to read properly then.

no, i am not implying that at all. you stated that if he were to come across a ring operation, and he was able to access the email account, he could be linked to the ring.
except that wouldn't happen because no hacker ring with millions of accounts is going to make the login information to the email account so readily fucking available for everyone with the virus

maybe YOU should learn how to read. what i said wasn't that difficult to comprehend.

I asked a question, and said that if that were the case you should learn how to read. As you so eloquently explained this is not the case, yet you throw such hostility in your words. Perhaps the cause for my inaptitude to understand doesn't lie with me, but with you. I wasn't the only one questioning what you wrote.

you implied that i didn't know how to read because you didn't understand what i said. the only other person to "question" what i said, is a troll.

i responded with the same degree of hostility as you did.

@bolded
statements like this are hard as fuck for me to understand. i'm going to assume that you meant "and said that, if the assumption i am making about the statement that i questioned is correct, then you should learn how to read". however, your question was less of a question and more of a snide rhetoric retort, otherwise you wouldn't have assumed a response and provided a rebuttal for it.

i'm not insulting you. you're one of the smartest members on cef. but fuck sake, no one is going to decompile a .net virus and gain access to a hacker ring's email address that contains a large enough amount of information to attract police attention.

Wouldn't have used "then" if it was meant to be a rhetorical question, as this implies I was indeed looking for an answer from you. Due to the horrible syntax of your sentences I would have to ask: are you insinuating something with that last sentence?

why do you think i was insinuating anything?
also, when you jump to a conclusion before getting a response to your question, that is generally what defines a rhetorical question.
it's a capital mistake to start theorizing before you have all of the facts, and considering you failed to read my clearly stated sentence, it's an even bigger mistake to theorize with misinformation. it's a completely different (albeit neighboring) ballpark when you start acting on your theories formed out of ignorance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aviar≥
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krillen's Chillin' wrote:
xen0r wrote:
Augustine wrote:
blablfy. wrote:
Augustine wrote:

If this was an organized crime syndicates virus, it would probably NEVER be in any .NET language. Also the guys that do this kind of stuff don't want little kids runescapes, youtubes, etc. They want your financial information or mommy's info. Also the big viruses that do that go to a web panel usually, definitely not a gmail, seeing as you have 0 privacy and anonymity with it, if they did use some sort of email it would be tormail or anonymousspeech (probably AS, because they don't cooperate with US authority). Furthermore if the virus isn't obfuscated, then you know you're dealing with a 13~17 year old (more than likely).

xen0r's the only person with a single clue as to how this cyber criminal game works.

also most campaigns currently use modified versions of SpyEYE or Zeus.

I don't think knowing that .NET is not the language of choice for designing a virus counts as having a clue to cyber crime.

Slugsnack

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the definition of a virus, there is no reason .NET would be particularly unpopular
Aviar≥
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
By the definition of a virus, there is no reason .NET would be particularly unpopular

I'm not particularly versed in .NET, but I believe I've read somewhere that .NET programs can't be secured to any great length (obfuscation at most, stripping, etc.), and thus .NET Reflector can accurately decompile most code. Add that to the fact that you might end up with code that requires a user to have .NET Framework installed, and I don't think it would normally be considered a language of choice.

Slugsnack

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obfuscation and protection against RCE have nothing to do with the strict definition of a virus. The majority of the people in this thread are using the more colloquial but erroneous definition of a virus, which is unsurprising given that it is something continuously and incorrectly perpetuated by the media
Aviar≥
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
Obfuscation and protection against RCE have nothing to do with the strict definition of a virus. The majority of the people in this thread are using the more colloquial but erroneous definition of a virus, which is unsurprising given that it is something continuously and incorrectly perpetuated by the media

The way I see it, strictly a virus simply needs a propogation and infection method. However, difficulty of detection and difficulty of removal are both desirable properties.

Slugsnack

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to point out that the majority of viruses rely on operating quietly such that the user does not notice rather than employ advanced anti-RCE techniques. Hence, the fact that .NET applications can be decompiled easily does not play an important role in the language choice. I agree the 'issue' of portability is pertinent however.
Aviar≥
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't .NET a managed language though? Does it allow running assembler to manage architecture registers, or hooking into other processes?
Slugsnack

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing for a virus is to have access to the system library. In the case of Windows, the WinAPI. It has this capability through pinvoke. The ability to execute arbitrary assembly code is not actually that useful. Although even a .NET application would have the ability to set the context of other processes given the right privileges (through SetThreadContext for example). Think of pinvoke similar to jni.
Fafaffy
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Most real malware won't touch .NET at all as it is just an overall crappy malware language. It requires .NET Framework, which not all computers have. They're also easy to decompile accurately, which is never good. .NET also means larger file sized. Rather than a 33kb bot coded in C++ with like 100 features, it'll be a 100kb file.

There's a ton a reasons NOT to use .NET for malware. Point is, if you code malware in .NET, it isn't really "malware" imo.

Slugsnack

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'IMO'. Yeah. I don't know about the general case but in this instance your opinion is retarded. Have you ever written a virus? No. And neither have 90% of the people in this thread. Given you have no position of authority in this aspect, your opinion is worthless
Fafaffy
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
'IMO'. Yeah. I don't know about the general case but in this instance your opinion is retarded. Have you ever written a virus? No. And neither have 90% of the people in this thread. Given you have no position of authority in this aspect, your opinion is worthless

Do you have to make a virus in order to know information about it? There are some real malware coded in .NET, but for the majority, it's ASM/C/C++.

Aniblaze

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talix wrote:
Augustine wrote:

why do you think i was insinuating anything?
also, when you jump to a conclusion before getting a response to your question, that is generally what defines a rhetorical question.
it's a capital mistake to start theorizing before you have all of the facts, and considering you failed to read my clearly stated sentence, it's an even bigger mistake to theorize with misinformation. it's a completely different (albeit neighboring) ballpark when you start acting on your theories formed out of ignorance.

Defined a precondition, but somehow jumped to a conclusion. Should I have said "Best learn how to read then, but you should not have to learn how to read if that is not the case". It's a bit self-explanatory that you shouldn't at that point, isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: