Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Ya'know, an upgraded forum wouldn't be so bad...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we need an update?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
Cryoma
Member of the Year
Reputation: 198

Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 1821

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could make a nice mock forum and if DB likes it he can just import the database.
Problem is he and Holland have done so much modding to this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 155

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 7979
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
I could make a nice mock forum and if DB likes it he can just import the database.
Problem is he and Holland have done so much modding to this one.


I doubt he'll care to look if you don't find a rep system which includes all the current features the one we have now does. Or at least suitable replacements to use instead. phpBB3 doesn't have any real decent mod to replace all or part of the things we currently have.

_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Josheh
Expert Cheater
Reputation: 1

Joined: 28 Aug 2011
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we get some IPB up in dis joint! Foe realz!

No seriously, IPB is nice, but then again expensive.

On a serious note, I would use love to see the forum upgraded. It may be a lot of work, but if DB doesn't care to do it, he can pay someone to. I wouldn't mind coming on here with a few more ads and clicking them occasionally to help out with the expenses, or even donate. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atom0s
Moderator
Reputation: 155

Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Posts: 7979
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josheh wrote:
How about we get some IPB up in dis joint! Foe realz!

No seriously, IPB is nice, but then again expensive.

On a serious note, I would use love to see the forum upgraded. It may be a lot of work, but if DB doesn't care to do it, he can pay someone to. I wouldn't mind coming on here with a few more ads and clicking them occasionally to help out with the expenses, or even donate. Wink


That's up to DB if he wants to use different forum software. It's not about him caring to upgrade or not, it's because of the addons/modifications that are currently being used on the forums which is preventing him from upgrading (as he said already).

There is a lot of things that normal users don't see or know exist on the site backend that DB has done to better handle the forums. Along with the tools that Moderators have access to and the custom edits to that.

_________________
- Retired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lorrenzo
Moderator
Reputation: 4

Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Posts: 3744

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the Hello Kitty(?) forum.
_________________
LAWLrrenzolicious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kavvman
Master Cheater
Reputation: 2

Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about other mods in effect here but if DB is not upgrading just because of the reps system, thats awful really. Like whats so special about it, can be abused so much and has been, you can't derep moderators (stupid, lets them abuse their power without any fear, i have been a victim once), admins i can understand because they can't be wrong. Time limit meh, other forums already have this option (IPB does). Thats the answer to all your rep questions.

If i could be arsed and could care, i would hack this forum just for making DB notice but meh. Seriously, its xmas, its new-year, who the fuck want to live in past. CHANGE!

I have been using IPB for so long without any MODS at all and there's not a single feature that its lacking. It has spam combatting tools, awesome rep system, awesome. Worthy every penny i paid for. I am not recommending it but ffs, phpbb 2005 ?

_________________
...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
InternetIsSeriousBusiness
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 8

Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 1269

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kavvman wrote:
I don't know about other mods in effect here but if DB is not upgrading just because of the reps system, thats awful really. Like whats so special about it, can be abused so much and has been, you can't derep moderators (stupid, lets them abuse their power without any fear, i have been a victim once), admins i can understand because they can't be wrong. Time limit meh, other forums already have this option (IPB does). Thats the answer to all your rep questions.


Actually, I made a script that can derep moderators.

_________________
FLAME FLAME [email protected]@@
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites