| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
lucid Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 Posts: 424
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 pm Post subject: Opera browser |
|
|
Opera users:
So far it's pretty epic, much faster than firefox (on my comp anyways) and it has some great extensions that I've seen.
What else is it about this browser that's so good? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
br0l0ck Cheater
Reputation: 63
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 Posts: 36
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| its just nice. once you get used to it, any other browser won't feel right. you get accustomed to speed dial and other things, that other browsers even with extension dont feel like they can replace |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Nirojan How do I cheat?
Reputation: 108
Joined: 16 Sep 2008 Posts: 0 Location: seshville
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
it makes the reply box for cef look shitty
thats good if you hate cef _________________
| Quote: | | yo i b 22 tryna make it in dis rap game but da steetz dont got luv for no wun na mean so im out hea tryna holla at da fams on dis innernet shit u no way i sayin |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Spon27 Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 Posts: 29 Location: América del Sur
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I use Opera Mini on my phone, it is way too fast and flexible in all areas.
 _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
lucid Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 Posts: 424
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Nirojan wrote: | it makes the reply box for cef look shitty
thats good if you hate cef |
That's something I've noticed. I'm looking through the built in web editor to see if there's anything I can do about that
(Holy fuck it has a built in web editor) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Cryoma Member of the Year
Reputation: 198
Joined: 14 Jan 2009 Posts: 1819
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:12 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Shitty name
Reminds me of fat black ladies
not gonna install |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
:^) Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 37
Joined: 30 Jun 2008 Posts: 1062
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Nightly is superior |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
lucid Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 Posts: 424
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
And then I fixed the issue with the text box.
F12 > Edit Site Preferences > Dislplay > Uncheck form sytlying |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Up2Admin I'm a spammer
Reputation: 126
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 Posts: 6550 Location: Texas
|
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:39 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Cryoma wrote: | Shitty name
Reminds me of fat black ladies
not gonna install | I hope you don't pronounce it like "Oprah". _________________
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
elpacco Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 30
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 Posts: 1258
|
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:03 am Post subject: |
|
|
It really is the best browser as far as customization (that doesn't bloat the fuck out of your browser) goes. There's a setting for just about anything somewhere in opera, whether it be in appearances, preferences, or Opera:config.
The problem with firefox is that to get it on par in features with something like Opera, you have to install countless third party addons written by users named XzX_NaRuTo666SaSuKe_420_XzX that are coded horribly and spike CPU and mem usage like it's their job. With Opera, everything is written by the same people are coded to work together well. _________________
| [AM]Misery wrote: |
| FangBanger wrote: | | What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands? | Shoot him. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Hero I'm a spammer
Reputation: 79
Joined: 16 Sep 2006 Posts: 7154
|
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 am Post subject: |
|
|
| FF>IE>Chrome>opera |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
lucid Master Cheater
Reputation: 0
Joined: 23 Jan 2008 Posts: 424
|
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:56 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Hero wrote: | | FF>IE>Chrome>opera |
I used to be a FF junkie, but then I found Opera.
Opera is fucking amazing so far, and it uses so little memory.
Firefox, while having open Youtube (with a video playing), Tumblr, Ponychan, CEF, Kingdoms Forum, and Cyber Nations used up about 700K resources to run. If I even tried to run tinychat the entire thing would freeze up and stop working altogether. Hell, just leaving the browser open a while with a gif playing would lock up the browser and I'd have to open a new tab and close Firefox to be able to use it again (a workaround I found)
Opera has all of this running, plus tinychat, and I'm using 175K resources, sometimes going into 200K. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Aviar³ Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 50
Joined: 03 Jan 2008 Posts: 655 Location: Canada
|
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:58 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Hero wrote: | | FF>IE>Chrome>opera |
Chrome is master raec.
Also certain devtools that are available for FF are not for Opera. Just saying. _________________
This is the inception of deception, checking the depth of your perception.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Maes Advanced Cheater
Reputation: 10
Joined: 09 Apr 2009 Posts: 50
|
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:42 am Post subject: |
|
|
I've had bad experiance with Opera with every single Nintendo browser I've ever used. _________________
Account reclaimed by former owner? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Aniblaze Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 138
Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Posts: 1757 Location: The Netherlands
|
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:12 am Post subject: |
|
|
In terms of performance:
Chrome > Opera > Firefox > IE
In terms of user friendliness:
Opera > Firefox > Chrome > IE
If Chrome ever decides to copy the freakin' quick dial as it is in Opera, I might consider switching. If only for that and the process per tab (which is awesome). |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|