Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COMPLETE CheatEngine Tutorial(with pictures) UPDATE JAN 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1337H4ck3Jz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tut,I noticed this must have been made on a older version of cheat engine due to the last step(9) being left out. Other than that i followed your tut and finished with ease so good job.
YoungDragon
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Old? Reply with quote

I know this is kind of old, but I just thought it should be bumped for TEH NOOBS!!

Anyways, I will update it soon.

sheing3003
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot for this! this is great!
piedroidor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks you very helpfull.

ps : sometimes i ve more than 1 adress in "find out what write to this adress"

i dont no what i must choice huhuhu
Georgina Mars
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

i'm new here Embarassed
with a very poor knowledge of a computer software,
though i'm using basic features of CE for some time in a game Gourmet Ranch where i would love to have more use of it, but don't know how.
I did this tutorial with pictures (very useful) but stuck at step 8.
Well if anyone have a will to help me i'd be very glad, otherwise i'm sorry and i apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for this awesome tutorial and the Cheat Engine
gokhan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Dragon rampage Reply with quote

hi i tried everything in here at the game dragon rampage please help
heruzurdian
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tutorial, however I am stuck at "First, find the address. All the previous tutorials found out the address. So now, you know how to do it. Use 4 bytes."

Don't know what to use here. Any enlightenment will be greatly appreciated

crimsonedge5
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone explain the last step in a simpler way? I'm totally lost after this:

[quote]
Now, go to the cheat engine tutorial and click "Change Pointer". Notice, the old address value will go to 0. Now, go back to the pointer scanner and click "Pointer Scanner" tab at the top. You will get a couple of options. Select rescan pointer. Put in the new address you have found(The one in the main CE window that does NOT have the value of 0). You should come up with 1 thing and only 1 thing. That's good!(If it ask you to overwrite the save, press yes) [/quote]

The problem is there is NO address in the main CE window that doesn't have a value of zero after I switch pointers. Also I got no idea what "new address" its talking about that I'm supposed to have found. If I'm doing something wrong here I got absolutely no clue what it is.
RedlineGME
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE Cheat Engine Tutorial(with pictures) Reply with quote

YoungDragon wrote:
You should come up with 1 thing and only 1 thing.

And what if not? I got ~26000 pointers after the rescan. If I change the pointer again, all of 'em change to the new address.
I can't understand this whole multi-level pointer things. I watched a tons of videos, read many tutorials. Maybe I play complex games or something is wrong with my machine, but I never get one address. (I can't even dream about a green, static...) I'm not that stupid, I figured out all the pointer thing by myself. But sometimes nothing accesses the pointer I found.
I just want to make a trainer for my games, to spare time on all the scannings and other things. But for that, I need to get to the roots. So if anyone can help me, please... Crying or Very sad
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedlineGME-

I never see pointer scans yielding a single result. There are no set rules, but I can usually find a reliable pointer even if I have 5000+ results. It really depends on a number of factors, including the game you're scanning.

If you need any help, I can try to help you.
RedlineGME
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks in advance!

Why YoungDragon said, that I it will come up with one result? And how did he managed it, to take a screenshot from it? He somehow did it.
But apart from that, what should I search or watch in the list if I have load of pointers?
Now I try to hack Spore, if it helps. And the tutorial of course! Laughing
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't reading, but I'm sure he was referring to the Cheat Engine tutorial. Most programs/games are not going to be like the tutorial.
RedlineGME
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what should I watch, search? All pointers are the same. They are from different adresses, but the same offsets and all.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you having problems with the tutorial? Please tell me specifically what you are trying to do and what you're working on, as it will be easier to address the problems that you are having.

Having different addresses and different offsets (or similar offsets) is completely normal. Unfortunately, as I said before, there are no set rules. For some games, I look for addresses that occur closer to the entry point than the rest (e.g. 000A1129 as opposed to 566A112B). For some games, I might also try to test out pointers with the least amount offsets. But really, there are no set rules, as these tips do not always apply for every game. Just make sure not to spend too much time with this approach, as you may not know what's working until you restart and rescan your game several times. The best thing you can do is just keep your pointer scan window open and monitor any changes that occur during game play (in addition to restarting your game and performing rescans then). Perform rescans if you see any changes occurring in your pointer scan window and use any opportunity you can to shrink that list, and eventually, you will filter out the unreliable pointers and be left with many options that will work just fine. One tip I can give you...although it may seem obvious...instead of searching for your value each and every time, you can just use your pointer scan list, because the value for your cheat is probably already in there. Just grab a few that seem likely and test. It can save a lot of time, especially if you are searching for coordinates or some other, unseen value.
RedlineGME
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems with everything since I found out this whole multilevel pointer thing. Very Happy

Thanks for the tips, I will try out these whan I have some time, then come back. I hope it would be enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: