Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Light Tolerance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icklorfin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Light Tolerance Reply with quote

Cockroaches prefer darker places to those with lights turned on. Could one then light up the entire home to repel cockroaches or would they soon grow accustomed and still come out.
DreadFather
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Habituation.
So maybe
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of our houses had a cockroach infestation when we bought it. the motherfuckers aren't scared of light. somehow they know when people aren't around and come out then. idk if they detect vibrations or something. for example, if you leave food out in the kitchen even with lights on and leave the room for 10 mins or so there'll be cockroaches out. the little things that you plug into the wall that supposedly repel them also do not work. in the end we ended up tearing down the whole kitchen, its surrounding rooms and renovating it all
Seergaze3
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that cockroaches are one of the toughest animals on earth (in terms of natural adaptation) i believe the fact that they hide in dark places is because they want to avoid humans, and not because of the light
Kirito
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my cats repel the cockroaches at my house

based on my experience, cockroaches come out only at night and sometimes when it's about to rain

as of the light, i don't think they can't tolerate light, they sometimes appear when I'm playing PC games around 12:00 midnight even when the lights are turned on
Kargarok
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They like the dark, but everytime it notices I'm there they run away :\ hard to get them that way. Light doesn't really make a difference for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: