Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hacking a server sided game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helphack1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Hacking a server sided game? This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

I know theres already a discussions on this subject but i've been trying to hack a certain online game. The first thing ive tried to do was use hex editor to edit values in my game folder in C:\Program Files (x86). You know those blank files u normally cant read. I wasn't expecting to change my char but i played around with it to see what would happen. Trying to figure out hex is hard.Even though my hex editor changed it to ascaii. Eventually my game crashed and i re installed. "hmm" i thought "that was interesting". Even though i failed completely. Since 99 percent of hacking is failure. Then i downloaded Cain and abel a networking tool. A learned up on my computer protocol. I played around with that and learned some very interesting things, but i couldn't figure out how it could help me hack a sever sided game. So i left it alone for a bit. Then i googled and read many different forums for ideas. Then i stumbled onto WPE pro. I had some trouble downloading it. My northern protection went crazy i disabled it.So i followed guides on how to use it before i even tried to touch. I also downloaded perm edit.

After many hours of reading i started using it. I disabled the received packages since i didn't need. I used Perm edit to permit WPE Pro to edit the packages. I log in in my game which is a server sided online game that has its own window. So i targeted the game using WPE pro. I moved in one direction in game while WPE pro was sending me the sent packages. I stopped moving and stopped WPE. I carefully studied the changed variables. I did the same thing in other directions.. Know i thought i could send the file back to a previous location for a simple teleport hack,The package was sent successfully, but my game disconnected. When i logged in i was in the exact same place.I was still pretty enthusiastic caused i caused a change.

Know here's my question lol how do i not get the disconnected message not to show up so i can cause myself to teleport. How do i make it undetectable so that it cant be found. How do i bypass the security the game has. I researched the game the target i have an idea of how well protected it is. I'm also trying to create my own tool. It claims to use game guard but i'm not to sure about it.I'm wondering theoretically if i could send the packet using Wpe pro and use cain and abel to make the server to accept it. Or perhaps i can inject a program that acts like a trojan in the packets. So many possibilities!! Please answer i need some advice. Also i hide my ip i think.

Cool

SF
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What game is it?
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I'm not allowed to tell this forum doesn't support hacking i found a loophole by asking for general knowledge. " maybe i can pm u it how do i do that XD i just joined today.
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its server sided protection you wont be able to do anything. (Without doing illegal things.) Sounds more or less so like you are having an issue with position syncing on the server and getting disconnected if your predicted position isn't within a given limit.

This is not something you can bypass if it is synced on the server.

helphack1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Where there's a will there's a way one can nudge a server to do exactly as he wants but indirectly. Cool
gaming04
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

helphack1 wrote:
Where there's a will there's a way one can nudge a server to do exactly as he wants but indirectly. Cool

Only to an extent, will your lies take you. Wink

Anyways, if you want to start telling the server lies from the client, you will need to play with packet editing. Memory editing works too, but like I said, your lies only take you so far. Memory editing can only handle on what data you choose to send and receive--which is 10 times harder than packet editing, until you emulate the process.

Anyways, you are asking for server messaging information and that is too far beyond single player games. No need to ask anymore, I say.

----

Answer to your question: ...how do i not get the disconnected message ...?
Your packet has mismatching data when being checked at the server-side. I won't tell you how to work around this, though. Handling server messaging belongs to multiplayer gaming, exclusively.
atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

helphack1 wrote:

And something like this is considered a felony. Which you wont get help from anyone here.

helphack1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

gaming04 wrote:
helphack1 wrote:

Only to an extent, will your lies take you. Wink

Anyways, if you want to start telling the server lies from the client, you will need to play with packet editing. Memory editing works too, but like I said, your lies only take you so far. Memory editing can only handle on what data you choose to send and receive--which is 10 times harder than packet editing, until you emulate the process.

Anyways, you are asking for server messaging information and that is too far beyond single player games. No need to ask anymore, I say.

----

Answer to your question: ...how do i not get the disconnected message ...?
Your packet has mismatching data when being checked at the server-side. I won't tell you how to work around this, though. Handling server messaging belongs to multiplayer gaming, exclusively.

"only to an extent, will your lies take u"Wow i like that saying for some reason. Anyway hacking a server is illegal controlling whats sent to a server is my opinion cheating but not illegal. Hmm mismatching data u say i believe i can fix that.thx for the indirect answer. Not looking for answers just clues.

Geri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory of course you can send any packet to the server but it doesn't mean it will accept it. For example you send a packet that you have got 9999999999999999999999999999 gold but it is not possible to gain more than 100 gold at once so the server will not accept a higher value. And then it is screwed. A well configured server will not accept unlikely data, even if you can send it to it and the encryption is ok.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending a packet like that to a game server outside the games client could be considered a felony in many countries. That implicitly falls under Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act

Whether or not they would prosecute if you were found out, I can't say but I highly doubt it.

To touch on what Geri mentions the packet you sent may have been rejected by the server due to the server not expecting it.

Read up on the TCP and UDP protocols.

SimonSaysHack
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Compares Reply with quote

Cool You can't really hack some server sided games...
because...
when the game send a packets to the server,...
the server compares the data that has been sent previously,...
if the values of the incoming data and the previous data are too far from each other,... the server ignores the data,....
I'm currently playing the sims social...... i use speedhack...........and it works..

XSV
GTH Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhMunRa wrote:
Sending a packet like that to a game server outside the games client could be considered a felony in many countries. That implicitly falls under Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act

Whether or not they would prosecute if you were found out, I can't say but I highly doubt it.

To touch on what Geri mentions the packet you sent may have been rejected by the server due to the server not expecting it.

Read up on the TCP and UDP protocols.

Best response here.

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

Hey as it turns out the packet Im getting with WPE pro are encrypted. I believe there timedated so that they are slightly changed.The Server detected it every time i resent it. So now i believe i must resend the packet at exactly the right time from the couple hundreds of packets I've wrote down. Sad .Also since the packets are encrypted i have to know cryptography. I'll need to know asm also( which i already know).I'll try the reversing method.I've also been Reading up the differences between TCP and UDP. Also i noticed i send packets even if i set my char to do nothing. I don't see how that's possible since my char is like i said it's doing nothing. I believe i'm getting closer to the answer I'm seeking. I'm wondering if anyone has anymore tips for me?

Edited- when i read up on Tcp and UDP protocals it seems that UDP sends me the packets as soon as possible, but tcp wants to make sure it has all the data saved.TCp seems to be self regulating and self repairing it seems to be the reason y im having so much trouble sending packs because it detects it and discards the packets and sends me a dc message.

Edited again lol- Seems i was wrong TCP seems not be right for multiplayer games and it would attempt to resend everytime it lost data.This would cause as we know lag..UDP seems to be what most games use cause it sends data as fast as possible.If i'm wrong correct me.

Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcp and udp is completely irrelevant. i don't know why the hell anyone would bring that up.

the reason you're getting disconnected is most likely one of 2 reasons:
1) the data you sent is deemed too unlikely by the server (for example if you moved 100000 pixels in one tick, it's an obvious lie). the server may have done some sort of detection for this and disconnected you in return
2) the packet you have sent was not accepted because you did not update the header for timestamp, packet number, etc. so it was deemed invalid.

there has been a lot of BS and misinformation in this thread so far from people not knowing what they're talking about and acting like they do.

it is critical for you to understand how a game works and then that will help you figure out why things aren't working. let me give you a brief overview. in most games, it follows a model that goes something like this:

- we have a server: this server holds the 'world state' of most things about the game. the game is all about changing this 'state' to be favourable to you. from a legitimate point of view, the server allows certain changes by listening to certain packets which instruct it to do certain things. (eg. i won 100 gold, my client sends packet to server telling it this and the server updates the state to reflect that)
- we have n clients: all the clients interact with the server with a predetermined protocol. by protocol i don't mean at the udp/tcp level but from a packet descriptor/content level. the server is only going to accept and act upon packets received that are in a certain format with certain data at expected places

so you have to think how this all works. when your client receives input, (like a key down), it translates that to some sort of game event. if that game event results in a change of world state, it sends a corresponding packet to the server. that packet is most likely not only contains the information necessary to notify the server what has happened but also unique information, like timestamps, etc. when the server receives the packet, it can choose to act upon it, most likely performing some sort of validation first to see if it seems legitimate.

from this, you can probably see there are actually several places you could hook. in fact, it's probably smarter to hook the game events instead and let the client deal with all the timestamping, encryption, etc. that's why most packet editors for games will hook the game 'api' or functions which are wrapping the networking functions. how to find these is generally a case of reverse engineering and you must have a certain competence with the assembly language to do so.

this is all general and only one model which games follow. another common model allows certain information to be stored by a 'master' or 'key-holder' of a game. for example, in FPS games or games which have 'rooms', this is often the case. in this case, that person's computer acts sort of like the server in some senses, holding a lot of the 'room state' information. which is why some hacks require you to be key-holder to perform.
helphack1
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsnack wrote:
tcp and udp is completely irrelevant. i don't know why the hell anyone would bring that up.

the reason you're getting disconnected is most likely one of 2 reasons:
1) the data you sent is deemed too unlikely by the server (for example if you moved 100000 pixels in one tick, it's an obvious lie). the server may have done some sort of detection for this and disconnected you in return
2) the packet you have sent was not accepted because you did not update the header for timestamp, packet number, etc. so it was deemed invalid.

there has been a lot of BS and misinformation in this thread so far from people not knowing what they're talking about and acting like they do.

it is critical for you to understand how a game works and then that will help you figure out why things aren't working. let me give you a brief overview. in most games, it follows a model that goes something like this:

- we have a server: this server holds the 'world state' of most things about the game. the game is all about changing this 'state' to be favourable to you. from a legitimate point of view, the server allows certain changes by listening to certain packets which instruct it to do certain things. (eg. i won 100 gold, my client sends packet to server telling it this and the server updates the state to reflect that)
- we have n clients: all the clients interact with the server with a predetermined protocol. by protocol i don't mean at the udp/tcp level but from a packet descriptor/content level. the server is only going to accept and act upon packets received that are in a certain format with certain data at expected places

so you have to think how this all works. when your client receives input, (like a key down), it translates that to some sort of game event. if that game event results in a change of world state, it sends a corresponding packet to the server. that packet is most likely not only contains the information necessary to notify the server what has happened but also unique information, like timestamps, etc. when the server receives the packet, it can choose to act upon it, most likely performing some sort of validation first to see if it seems legitimate.

from this, you can probably see there are actually several places you could hook. in fact, it's probably smarter to hook the game events instead and let the client deal with all the timestamping, encryption, etc. that's why most packet editors for games will hook the game 'api' or functions which are wrapping the networking functions. how to find these is generally a case of reverse engineering and you must have a certain competence with the assembly language to do so.

this is all general and only one model which games follow. another common model allows certain information to be stored by a 'master' or 'key-holder' of a game. for example, in FPS games or games which have 'rooms', this is often the case. in this case, that person's computer acts sort of like the server in some senses, holding a lot of the 'room state' information. which is why some hacks require you to be key-holder to perform.

Thank u. Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: