Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Computer Build, Going All Out
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mychilli
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: New Computer Build, Going All Out Reply with quote

Current Cart:
EVGA 141-GT-E770-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601960
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory, two of these
Linksys WMP600N IEEE 802.11a/b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft 2.0 PCI Wireless Adapter with Dual-Band WEP, WPA & WPA2 Personal, WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
TOTAL: $849.95
I don't need a new PSU, current is 800w, and graphic card is a HD 5700 (p decent).

Any suggestions on something better/not as good/total rip off, i'd really appreciate it.
Haswell
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could build an entire system for $850... You really shouldn't just throw away cash like this. No offense, but you won't notice any difference when gaming between your i7 960 and the newer i5 2500 ("k" not even necessary), not to mention your motherboard and processor of choice are over 2 years old at this point, architecture and chipset wise.

MSI P67A-GD53
i5-2500k
G.Skill Ripjaws (2x4GB)

Your bottleneck will be your 5770 (guessing), but I'd suggest waiting till Q4 for for the 7k series.
Saifallofjmr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest waiting for the bulldozer processor that is coming out soon. Don't buy just yet.

Mychilli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the X58 because its still better than the P67, even for being older, and x58 only supports Bloomfield (that I know of.)
I'm big into making computers that are more 'futureproof,' if you think socket 1155 will last longer than my current pick, please lets me know!
I'm not on a budget with this, thanks for your pick of the i5, but i really want an i7. :3c

Also I'm aware the graphic card would be the bottleneck, while its good, I went out of a limb and bought a ATI card instead of my usualy Nvidia, and it's been the biggest pain in the ass card I've ever had, going to switch back when I put everything together/see how everything goes.

edit for above ^^^
Bulldozer is AMD, I plan on doing an Intel build.
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only better if you get the Core i7 990x which cost 1k a pop, other than that, the X58 is out dated and is easily beaten by Intel newer Sandy Bridge architecture.
Socket 1155 is future proof as Intel said it will also support Ivy Bridge which will be using a new transistor design called Tri-Gate 3D.

LGA 1366 is getting replaced with Sandy Bridge E which runs on socket 2011 and has quad channel ram.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck nikka, why you buying all this obsolete shit for.

ditch the last gen core i7 and get the current gen one for $20 more.

then ditch the shitty hd 5770 and get a better card noikka. if you can't spend more money on the card than i suggest you get a core i5 2500 (K is whether or not you wanna overclock down the road). It performs better than last gen core i7s in most areas except with heavily threaded applications (since i7 has hyperthreading). if its just for gaming, get the i5 and buy a better gfx card with the $100 saved, since the graphics card will most likely be you bottleneck.

fuk yo x58 chipset, get the newest z68 for like $100 less. throw in ssd with money saved and enjoy intel smart response (ssd caching) which is only available on z68. fuk son, 2 guns up yo ass.

oh and noikka. 4GBs of RAM is enough for anybody, and current gen i5/i7 only support dual channel ram, so get 4GB or 8GB. 8GB is just for e-peen.
InternetIsSeriousBusiness

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Saifallofjmr wrote:
I would suggest waiting for the bulldozer processor that is coming out soon. Don't buy just yet.

Yeah, I agree.

Also, @OP, this is a terrible build. AMD is better btw.

Aids
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[readegaminggutterrname] wrote:

Fuck off with that fanboy crap. Seriously, you're retarded as fuck if you believe that. Go read some reviews and you'll notice some cards are better than others at different things. In fact, I believe at this current point in time nvidia has the best card available. To be honest fanboys like you are what's wrong with PC enthusiasts, completely ignore and disregard reviews while pushing personal opinions onto others. It's like those damn christians who always push their beliefs onto me while ignoring all the facts that contradict their beliefs.

Edit: Oh, you're shot. That explains everything.

ArcaneKnite wrote:
4GBs of RAM is enough for anybody

This day and age tbh I'd say 6gb is enough. I'm currently running on 6gb and I often see my RAM usage hitting 5-5.5GB playing current games on highest settings. But I do feel more than 6GB is excessive for gaming.

@OP, I'd wait for the next generation to come out. New CPU's and GFX cards should be coming out soon. While these will be very expensive and out of you budget, it will certainly push down the prices of current generation.
Saifallofjmr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Nevergreen. wrote:
[readegaminggutterrname] wrote:

Fuck off with that fanboy crap. Seriously, you're retarded as fuck if you believe that. Go read some reviews and you'll notice some cards are better than others at different things. In fact, I believe at this current point in time nvidia has the best card available. To be honest fanboys like you are what's wrong with PC enthusiasts, completely ignore and disregard reviews while pushing personal opinions onto others. It's like those damn christians who always push their beliefs onto me while ignoring all the facts that contradict their beliefs.

Edit: Oh, you're shot. That explains everything.

ArcaneKnite wrote:
4GBs of RAM is enough for anybody

This day and age tbh I'd say 6gb is enough. I'm currently running on 6gb and I often see my RAM usage hitting 5-5.5GB playing current games on highest settings. But I do feel more than 6GB is excessive for gaming.

@OP, I'd wait for the next generation to come out. New CPU's and GFX cards should be coming out soon. While these will be very expensive and out of you budget, it will certainly push down the prices of current generation.

I agree that AMD is better FOR PRICE TO PERFORMANCE.

Also 4gb is more than enough, at most 8gb.

Also the first 1366 socket i7's are obsolete don't buy them okay. Also a 5770 is utter shit get a gtx 460 or a hd 6950

Mychilli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@[readegamingfaggotrname] 0/10 bad troll
@Saifallofjmr Like I said before, I don't have a budget with this, it's whatever I want, and I already commented on my gfx, I know it's not the best but I want to buy everything else first.
@Nevergreen. Do you happen to know when, because I need to get it all upgraded before Skyrim.
@ArcaneKnite Go raid your epic dragonz.
Saifallofjmr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mychilli wrote:
@[readegamingfaggotrname] 0/10 bad troll
@Saifallofjmr Like I said before, I don't have a budget with this, it's whatever I want, and I already commented on my gfx, I know it's not the best but I want to buy everything else first.
@Nevergreen. Do you happen to know when, because I need to get it all upgraded before Skyrim.
@ArcaneKnite Go raid your epic dragonz.

5770 cant even max bc2 dude

Clairenix
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird. I have 8gb ram and I could use 7gbs of it at a time due to lots of tabs in browser and I don't like closing my "work programs" because they take time to turn on again. I'd say 6gb is enough for the average person but seeing that you'll be using this for all sorts of stuff and even multitasking while running a heavy game; you might want to push further.

I don't know if it's like this with any of you guys but I tend to run applications like photoshop, illustrator and dreamweaver at the same time while running a game in the background for easy access so I can rest faster when I want to take a break in fact I'd like a little bit more ram since I max it out at certain times and that makes me a bit uncomfortable seeing that I could max out my ram usage.

I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the world of computing, there is not such saying as "that is enough" when it comes to ram. The more you have the better, but there is a limit as to how much you can install depending on your OS and motherboard. And some will opt for ECC when they pass a certain amount for stability.
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clairenix wrote:
Weird. I have 8gb ram and I could use 7gbs of it at a time[...]

It's also because the more RAM you have in your computer, the more the OS uses. From what I've been told, apparently when you have more RAM the OS uses it instead of storing files on the HD. Eg; if you have 4GB RAM and put an extra 4GB in, the OS will use double the amount of RAM as previously used.
ZacTheSin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kls85 wrote:
In the world of computing, there is not such saying as "that is enough" when it comes to ram. The more you have the better, but there is a limit as to how much you can install depending on your OS and motherboard. And some will opt for ECC when they pass a certain amount for stability.

1TB ram.

Good luck with that.

Nevergreen. wrote:
Clairenix wrote:
Weird. I have 8gb ram and I could use 7gbs of it at a time[...]

It's also because the more RAM you have in your computer, the more the OS uses. From what I've been told, apparently when you have more RAM the OS uses it instead of storing files on the HD. Eg; if you have 4GB RAM and put an extra 4GB in, the OS will use double the amount of RAM as previously used.

This is true. I have a computer with 96GB and it uses about 13-30% for the OS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: