Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hash file of the ini.big in generals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boartensen
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Hash file of the ini.big in generals Reply with quote

Hi.

I was talking with someone about the chance to make a tool/hack that tells the game that the hash file of the ini.big is always the same ALTHOUGH the ini was edited (so a faked hash file).

He was capable to do so.. it worked, i saw it online. My mate went away and i dont have any contact to him any longer and i would like to be able to do that on my own. Is someone willing to help me do get forward?
Geri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is totally unneccessary to make a tool for it. You do not even need to edit ini.big (or inizh.big for Zero Hour).

All you need to do is
1. Open the ini.big in Data\Ini directory. As you know it is a collection of ini files.
2. Copy-paste the ini file that you want to modify. Every ini file is starting as ;FILE: xxxxx.ini
3. Create the ini file with the same name in the Data\Ini folder.

Now you can edit the ripped ini file and the program will gather the data from that file instead from ini.big

I know this works because I have edited tons of things this way.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
boartensen
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but doesnt i have the problem, that the game gets a mismatch? I think this just works for the singleplayer modus, or am i wrong?

When the program gathers the informations from the extracted files, i will always get a mismatch.... Wasnt it the same for you?
Geri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course this is for singler player only. I didn't say it will work in multiplayer.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

boartensen
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Geri Smile And thats why i have to do the hash thing Smile But i wont be able to do that alone (yet).
Geri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know you want it for multiplayer because Generals is detecting the tempering in the ini.big file in single player too. It has a backup and is using that if the original ini.big is changed. However if I do as I have written, it is working. I doubt however that the same method is working in multi.

Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the context of what you're doing but I can tell you there is no programmatically smart way of causing a hash collision unless the hash is a weak hash. A proper hash should effectively be a black box mapping randomly to an output in its output set. That is, unless the hash is a weak hash then bruteforce is really your only option.
boartensen
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Geri: The problem is... the game recognizes it, that the inis of the players are different... so u get an async.

@Slugsnack: The friend who was capable to inject the proper hash number to the game file said to me that its very easy to do so...... *sigh*... but he is not reachable any longer Smile

But ok.. thx for your help ... i think ill try something different then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: