Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idea for getting extra energy every day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Idea for getting extra energy every day Reply with quote

I cannot exercise, caffeine has too quick of a tolerance build up (and come down). There are some legal drugs like MDPV which are meant to replicate the effects of ritalin, but with worse side effects (and I'd rather not find out what those are).

The only thing that has ever worked for me is energy drinks, particularly Monsters. However, at $2 a pop... I just can't afford $60 a month. So whats in Monsters that give you energy? Well it's certainly not the caffeine, and definitely not the taurine as some have suggested... It's the sugar. And not just regular table sugar, but glucose.

Ah so what a cheaper, purer form of glucose? Regular old corn syrup. See where I'm going with this?

So theoretically, consuming corn syrup and water should produce the same effects as an energy drink. My question is... is it really this simple? Maybe throw a little caffeine in there to have the poor tasting, yet perfectly effective energy drink at a cheap price?

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

Edit: After doing more research, it seems this is just the same as putting sugar in coffee. Although sucrose is readily converted into glucose, I believe glucose itself is more effective. And as far as I can tell, the glucose/caffeine IS the reason energy drinks work.

From my days of drinking coffee and taking caffeine pills, I know that I built up a tolerance quick and had pretty bad crashes. However, I only used creamer in my coffee. I'm willing to bet that creamer doesn't have quite as much sugar as pure sugar itself. Is it likely that a good portion of sugar, when mixed with caffeine/coffee helps to prevent the comedown and possibly even minimizes the effect of tolerance buildup?
Fantasy
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eat Dextro tablets
http://www.boots.com/en/Dextro-Energy-Tablet-Twinpack-Orange-28-tablets_868379/

It's not a long-lasting solution, but it gives you the kicks when you need them.
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those are is a tablet form of dextrose (another name for glucose).

I'd be better off buying pure glucose in the form of corn syrup, with my food stamps...

I'm fairly certain that corn syrup and coffee would be a good energy drink. Recent 2010 studies have shown that the synergy between glucose and coffee increases brain activity more than just glucose or coffee alone, particularly memory function and attention span.
GG
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you exercise/sleep more?
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have so much willpower, and it takes too much to work out. Perhaps its from my younger days spent in juvi, where I was forced to work out to the point of dangerous hypertension. Furthermore, it's no better than straight caffeine because shortly after working out I get very tired/exhausted.

Sleeping more wouldn't help. I already get 8-10 hours of sleep at a minimum every night, and I still feel tired and exhausted. I think I have sleep apnea. Maybe a high density foam mattress and better pillow would help, but obviously that's out of my budget at the moment.

Energy drinks are the only thing that solidly work. I can't afford those either so my best bet is coffee and corn syrup, and when I can afford it, perhaps some vitamin b, ginseng, guarana and if I can find it, taurine would make it near perfectly identical to a monster. I don't get a crash from monsters and there seems to be very little tolerance buildup compared to straight caffeine.

I remember in 9th grade I bought some nodoz... I carried them around school and got to a point where I was taking quite a few throughout my classes. Eventually it got to where they had absolutely no effect at all, and I would literally sleep through every class, only waking up every 45 minutes to walk to my next class. Sometimes I would even sleep through that, wake up, and wonder why there's different people in the class and someone says I'm sitting in their seat.
Phox
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's you're problem. If you have sleep apnea, that's why you're always sleepy. It sounds like your apnea is so bad, when you're "sleeping" you are effectively getting absolutely no deep sleep.
Receding
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop being a pussy and push yourself passed your own barriers. Don't give a fuck that you can't go on, and just keep going on.

Secondly, get ephedrine tablets and caffeine tablets. Use your brain and buy the ingredients that come in an energy drink. Research on google what the ingredients do and concoct your own cocktail of pills that will achieve the same effects but for a cheaper and easier method.
I just take 200mg of caffeine and it keeps me awake fine. Sometimes I don't.

Given that you've got an anime-esque avatar and are on a cheating forum, I believe I can get away with assuming you're a teenager. You really need your sleep, and caffeine will indirectly stunt your growth via cortisol production under stressed circumstances. I'm serious about this, too. Get as much sleep as you possibly can. It'll improve your brain, memory, etc. There's so many benefits from it, and since you're going through puberty, it'll help with hormone control and growth.

edit: limit your intake of these drugs as well as other 'energy' drugs. I suggest 200mg caffeine at the maximum per day, as well as one pill of vitamin b complexes each day.
AhMunRa
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to Receding's previous this isn't even getting into the realm of consuming enough sugar to go into insulin shock.

Sugar highs are no substitute for proper exercise and diet.

ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all do respect, I am almost 21... I admit I'm a bit childish at times, but who isn't? Puberty has come and gone. I'm exactly average American Male Height, and about 150 lbs. IRL I am often mistaken for being 18 or even 16, which I take as a blessing (something I've done has blessed me with young looks).

I've been up for 24 hours (to fix my completely reversed sleep phase), and I've had 5 cups of coffee spaced about 4 hours apart. The first three with generous amounts of sugar, the last three with good amounts of corn syrup. By your guys' calculations I should be dead by now (kidding), but I have some results to report.

It seems that the copious sugar/corn syrup does help to reduce (almost eliminate) the effect of caffeine crash. However, it just doesn't have the same kick as a Monster. I'm assuming this is obviously because the lack of other vital ingredients such as vitamin b, ginseng, etc as well as the improper ratio of caffeine to sugar.

On a positive note, I did get some of the major things done today that I've needed to do the past week. Furthermore, I should be able to sleep in an hour or two (it's 9 pm), and if I can sleep at the same time tomorrow, my sleeping schedule should be fixed again. I will never get used to being in the daylight, but as someone else said, society demands it for most people. So for the moment, I have no choice... I must sleep during the night time for hopefully no longer than the next 2-4 years (and then hopefully get a career where I work graveyard or at least evening shift).

Furthermore, I'm confident that stem cell research combined with advancements in robotics and medical engineering will easily cure any health problems I acquire from this "unhealthy" combination of stimulants (is it better that I do cocaine?). As for my sleep apnea, I will try to sleep on my side as much as possible, and perhaps experiment with different pillows.

Thanks for the replies
Icklorfin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to your doctor about this, you seem to need some major help.
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had been reading the thread then you would clearly know that I don't have a doctor and can't afford shit. Otherwise I'd be getting some god damn ritalin to keep my ass awake all day (works even better than monsters).

I wouldn't know how get health insurance even if I qualified somehow. All these things Obama is doing doesn't affect a damn thing for an average lower class worker like myself. I have a crappy fast food job that took me months to find, and no health insurance to pay for a damn thing. The best support I have from the government is food stamps, which we've already had for years. Which I had to jump through a whole damn lot of hoops to get, and they're still trying to take it away for dumb reasons. The only other thing I have to look forward to is my tax return, which is really interest-free money that I lent the damn government anyway.

Furthermore, not much a doctor could do for me anyway. Best they could do for delayed sleep phase syndrome is some sleeping pills, which is pointless when it's entirely possibly to fix it with just willpower. Not to mention that might make the sleep apnea even worse (throat would get even more relaxed). And the sleep apnea can't be fixed with a pill... in severe cases, the only treatment is surgery (which I sure as hell wouldn't want to get even if I had the money/coverage).

Your argument is invalid.
Trow
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Icklorfin was talking about a psychiatrist, or some knowledgeable person who can convince you to give up your "energy chase".

By the age of 20+, you should have finished primary school physics, and understand "energy cannot be created or destroyed".
By now, you should also know that biochemical energy conversion is a multi-step hell, and is always less in practice.
By this age, the society will also have thought that you, as a person, would learn the importance of sleep - if we didn't need to sleep, the government could have dished us mass produced pills to multiply workforce efficiency by 3.

Now go read research papers about all the things about which you have been so "confident", like this one:

Quote:
Furthermore, I'm confident that stem cell research combined with advancements in robotics and medical engineering will easily cure any health problems I acquire from this "unhealthy" combination of stimulants

and you will wake up (assuming you will sleep) to realise that your fantasies won't happen in your lifetime.

And yes, I mean papers, not that Kindle thing.

ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are highly misunderstanding my position. I am not trying to give up sleep, as I know that it's literally impossible to not sleep for more than 2-4 weeks.

The fact that energy cannot be created or destroyed is not relevant. Matter can be converted into energy and vice versa (E = MC*2). Food is the matter, which my body converts into energy. Even if you don't eat food, your body can still survive for a couple weeks from the reservoirs of fat and bone marrow it has saved up. But you have to realize I'm not talking about energy like the kind it takes to move your arm. I'm talking about brain activity.

For some reason, possibly due to me having sleep apnea or something, my brain activity seems to be low most of the time. No matter how much sleep I get, it's the same. Normally I sleep for around 9-10 hours per day (I used to take 2-3 naps every 4-5 hours).

Yes, glucose is the direct precursor to ATP (the actual chemical our muscles use to move). However, that's just a coincidence for my purposes. It seems that glucose also stimulates brain activity when it is combined with caffeine; this is half the reason that energy drinks work better than just a cup of coffee or a glucose tablet.

Also, my fantasies have already happened. Not sure if you've been keeping up with the news on stem cell research in the past few years, but we have grown things like ears for soldiers who've lost their ears in battle. We've grown kidneys, etc... stem cells can be "programmed" to develop into any cell in the human body. This means we can now grow hearts, livers, lungs, etc that have our own DNA, right in a petri dish.

In 30 years, a new heart could be cheaper than a pound of hamburger. The surgery itself would be more expensive than the organ which needs to be replaced. Right now artificial hearts cost up to $200,000... and they don't work as good as a real one that could be grown in a laboratory.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost sounds like depression, see a doctor.

also artificial hearts are just meant to keep you alive long enough for a replacement. they don't perfectly mimic all the functions of an actual heart. a fully functional mechanical replacement was in development.
Trow
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipivb wrote:
In 30 years, a new heart could be cheaper than a pound of hamburger. The surgery itself would be more expensive than the organ which needs to be replaced. Right now artificial hearts cost up to $200,000... and they don't work as good as a real one that could be grown in a laboratory.

... you should really get some rest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: