Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Always ask before opening this type of file"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: "Always ask before opening this type of file" Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a glitch of Firefox, Windows, or what. But over the last couple years I've used many versions of Windows Vista/7 and many versions of Firefox... and they all do the same thing.

It's finally gotten really annoying. Of course I always uncheck the box, but it has no effect... ever.

I'm tired of getting asked if I really want to open an executable file. If I didn't, I wouldn't be double clicking it.

Does anyone know how to disable firefox/windows from asking this whenever I launch an executable from my firefox download manager?
WinRAR
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

start > control panel > system and security > user accounts and family safety (on the left panel) > user accounts > change user account control settings > slide the slider all the way down > ok
Restart computer.
ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already down all the way. If it wasn't, I would have shot myself in the head a long time ago, or had at least gone insane.

This seems to be a glitch or something and I was hoping I could edit it in the registry, or in firefox's about:config settings.

I'm talking about this:

Jorg hi
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is no problem. Hahahahhaahha. Its just a security warning of a program that has no verification with it.

Just Enjoy. Because so do the other millions of windows user do.
ThatGuyAgain
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipivb wrote:
It's already down all the way. If it wasn't, I would have shot myself in the head a long time ago, or had at least gone insane.

This seems to be a glitch or something and I was hoping I could edit it in the registry, or in firefox's about:config settings.

I'm talking about this:

See the 'how do I decide what software to run' button click it see where it takes you.

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not enjoying it at all. It's fucking retarded. I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver directly from their website and it gives that stupid fucking error.

"How can I decide what software to run" just takes me to the help page of downloading internet files... nothing useful.

The problem is that I just realized the checkbox says "always ask before opening this file" not "this type of file".

I already tried one registry fix that was supposed to add .exe to the list of safe files and that didn't work either. This is completely fucking retarded of windows.
ThatGuyAgain
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same trouble about half a year ago and somehow I made it to stop asking. Try email windows support or whatever.
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: This post has 3 review(s) Reply with quote

Click your window button formerly the Start button. In the Run or search field type, gpedit.msc press enter, open the program that comes up.

In the Group Policy Editor under
-User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager-

from here you can create an inclusion list for low file types, these are files you don't want to be asked about. You may even already have an entry, just need to enable some files in it.

Good luck.

ipivb
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhMunRa wrote:
Click your window button formerly the Start button. In the Run or search field type, gpedit.msc press enter, open the program that comes up.

-User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager-

from here you can create an inclusion list for low file types, these are files you don't want to be asked about. You may even already have an entry, just need to enable some files in it.

Good luck.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! <3 I LOVE YOUUUUUU
ThatGuyAgain
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhMunRa wrote:

Good luck.

Woah it actually worked nice +rep for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: