Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


NOOB here
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: NOOB here Reply with quote

I'm trying to learn to make my own trainers. I've looked at the tutorial that comes with the 6.2 version of the program and while I am able to follow the instructions I have no idea what I'm doing. The tutorial presumes a level of knowledge I do not possess. Can someone please direct me somewhere so that I may obtain the big picture? Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're a helpful bunch aren't you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Youtube? If reading doesn't help, there are videos that cover most things, including every step of the tutorial.

Understanding takes time and usually requires a great deal of work on your part.

Once you have a few cheats in your cheat list, compiling a trainer with Cheat Engine is pretty straightforward. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure people will be more open to helping you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tutorials are easy enough to follow whether reading or watching, but they are like starting in the middle of s book. There's nothing about preparing a game for hacking or how to find addresses to hack or what to do after hacking the numbers. There.s nothing about how games are structured.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. It's easy for me to say that some of what you are describing should be common sense to most people that have gone through the tutorial, as you say. However, most, if not all, of the things that you are describing are covered and can be found online...you just have to put in some effort.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. It's easy for me to say that some of what you are describing should be common sense to most people that have gone through the tutorial, as you say. However, most, if not all, of the things that you are describing are covered and can be found online...you just have to put in some effort.


I'm assuming everything I need can be found on line I just need someone to point me to it. I'm not lacking effort, only direction.

Just as an example of what I'm talking about, the tutorial I read began by showing me how to hack numbers which I later figured out were memory addresses. The tutorial didn't tell me they were memory addresses or where I would obtain the hackable addresses in a game I was making a trainer for or what I would would do with them after I hacked them. It's like reading one page out of the middle of a book and trying to figure out the ending. Isn't there a tutorial somewhere that starts at the beginning?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The tutorial didn't tell me they were memory addresses
-These are basic concepts. Whether or not you are altering memory code does not matter at this point. What matters to you, is having infinite ammo or unlimited health etc. Understanding the more technical aspects can be learned later. The tutorial is not designed to teach you everything about assembly or how computer languages and programs work etc. It is designed to give the user a basic understanding of how Cheat Engine works, and how it can be used to tackle different scenarios, in order to achieve an end goal (be it something similar to infinite ammo or unlimited health etc.).

Quote:
or where I would obtain the hackable addresses in a game I was making a trainer for
-Incorrect. The tutorial does teach you how to search for addresses.

Quote:
or what I would would do with them after I hacked them.
-These are all things that can be learned by reading this forum, doing the tutorial and watching youtube videos. For example, if you want to know how to make a trainer with Cheat Engine, go to youtube and search for "how to make a trainer with Cheat Engine". It couldn't be more simple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go through the tutorial again and ran into the same problem as before. I am unable to comply with the instructions in step 3 because there is no scan type called "unknown initial value" in the drop down list. This is CE 6.2. Suggestions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the button above the value field says 'First Scan', and not 'New Scan'. In order to search for an 'unknown initial value', it must be your first search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
Make sure the button above the value field says 'First Scan', and not 'New Scan'. In order to search for an 'unknown initial value', it must be your first search.


Yes, I figured that out shortly after I posted. That step is also omitted from STEP 4 where decimal values are entered. When I used "next scan" no numbers were returned so I used "first scan" and only whole numbers were returned, no decimals. I went all the way to zero and got the cute little message at the end. So what did I do wrong here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you notice, the Health and Ammo are noted as different value types; (float) and (double), respectively. You mush search for those value types (or, search for ALL value types) when you are scanning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
If you notice, the Health and Ammo are noted as different value types; (float) and (double), respectively. You mush search for those value types (or, search for ALL value types) when you are scanning.


Yeah, well that's one more important instruction omitted from the tutorial. I've managed to get to step 5 but I can't make any sense out of the instructions. I doubt the author's first language is English. I will continue trying but I'm sure something is missing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram1009 wrote:
GNIREENIGNE wrote:
If you notice, the Health and Ammo are noted as different value types; (float) and (double), respectively. You mush search for those value types (or, search for ALL value types) when you are scanning.


Yeah, well that's one more important instruction omitted from the tutorial. I've managed to get to step 5 but I can't make any sense out of the instructions. I doubt the author's first language is English. I will continue trying but I'm sure something is missing.
We don't do what we do because it's easy. I would recommend joining Facebook or going to the mall, or something, or whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ram1009
How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0

Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
ram1009 wrote:
GNIREENIGNE wrote:
If you notice, the Health and Ammo are noted as different value types; (float) and (double), respectively. You mush search for those value types (or, search for ALL value types) when you are scanning.


Yeah, well that's one more important instruction omitted from the tutorial. I've managed to get to step 5 but I can't make any sense out of the instructions. I doubt the author's first language is English. I will continue trying but I'm sure something is missing.
We don't do what we do because it's easy. I would recommend joining Facebook or going to the mall, or something, or whatever.


Your sarcasm is neither appropriate nor appreciated. I don't do Facebook and I stopped hanging around malls when I was 15 and that was 52 years ago. I came here seeking only knowledge. My post has been read 406 times to date and only you have replied. And your answer is a lame, crappy tutorial. Really, it's not a tutorial because nobody could write a trainer having only completed it. Yes, I will move on. Sorry I wasted so much of your precious time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
++METHOS
I post too much
Reputation: 76

Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 3669

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. It can be very frustrating trying to help some people on this forum. All too often, people complain and are ungrateful. Some folks just want things handed to them, as if they expect nothing less.

It gets old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites