Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trainer - Change Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exile
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Trainer - Change Register Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and the ASM language. Anyway.. I was just wondering.. As you all know, CE has a useful Change Register feature and I usually use this to set the EIP of certain addresses so that I can jump into my codecave easily..

The game is MapleSEA and I have to change the EIP thingy because apparently the game calls an API to check that particular portion of its memory for any modifications.

My question is : I can easily make a trainer to insert the required data into the codecave, however I need to jump to it and I can't add my own code (JMP) because it is protected, so.. is it possible to integrate the Change EIP feature into a trainer? I need it to automate this part because I'm planning to distribute it among some other friends which are far worst off than me in using CE.

Forgive me if I sound noobish or this has already been asked, but I really need to know.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been asked often, and I keep saying it's not worth it.

Just get the cheat engine source and change the userinterface with the layout of your trainer. Then add some automation like selecting the right process, activating the debugger, enabling the kernelmode routines, registerng the data types, monitoring data, getting the modules, setting reg changing breakpoints at the same spot, let the disassembler code the scripts for you and let the auto assembler inject those autogenerated scripts.

You're going to need a lot of the functions of cheat engine, so this is the best solution.

in case you're wondering what happens when using the change register option:
The debugger gets enabled
It gets all the threads and modules and keep a list of it
Then it sets the hardware breakpoint in each thread and each newly created thread
Then it waits for the game to hit one of those breakpoints.
Then it confirms if the breakpoint is what it was waiting for, gets the context of the thread, edits the registers to what you want.
Then removes the breakpoint, sets the thread to single stepping mode, do 1 step, wait for the step to complete, set the breakpoint back, and continue and wait again

And then i'm not even talking about the stuff that happens when using the kernel debugger

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
exile
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol alright thanks alot, I'll try it out Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: