Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghosts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im4eversmart wrote:
Gods/ghosts/leprechauns, just show me and i'll believe, they are just being made up by people trying to explain something

I kind of also think this. Humans in general want to be able to explain everything. Since they can't they look for explanations. Don't know where matter/energy first came from? Must have been some invisible dude in the sky. But there isn't really anything wrong with that.
Gilles de la Tourette
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, sometimes weird things just happen.
I also encountered some moments like these, but nothing extreme yet really.
elpacco
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialgar wrote:
im4eversmart wrote:
Gods/ghosts/leprechauns, just show me and i'll believe, they are just being made up by people trying to explain something

I kind of also think this. Humans in general want to be able to explain everything. Since they can't they look for explanations. Don't know where matter/energy first came from? Must have been some invisible dude in the sky. But there isn't really anything wrong with that.
What were ghosts created to explain, then? Give some examples.

I know ghosts exist, I see him every few days. He's not there to explain anything, he's just there.

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
Dialgar wrote:
im4eversmart wrote:

What were ghosts created to explain, then? Give some examples.

I know ghosts exist, I see him every few days. He's not there to explain anything, he's just there.

Random things moving and the general unexplainable. We don't really know how powerful our imagination is.
This isn't fully related but look up the autokinetic effect.
Maes
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im4eversmart wrote:

Why would someone make up Ghosts?
They would invent a creature that kills people, and scares others?

That would explain nothing, and would just create more things we would have to explain later on; And there is proof in the world, small it may be, but we have things supporting the theory of Ghosts.
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to experience anything paranormal in my entire life, so nothing to say on this topic other than ghosts don't exist for me.
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are real.
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokurai! wrote:

Why would someone make up novels, hollywood films, or video games?
noko_112
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
I've yet to experience anything paranormal in my entire life, so nothing to say on this topic other than ghosts don't exist for me.

Had a couple of events, but nothing that is too weird (Can probably be explained in a logical manner)
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokurai! wrote:
im4eversmart wrote:

That would explain nothing, and would just create more things we would have to explain later on; And there is proof in the world, small it may be, but we have things supporting the theory of Ghosts.

Don't you find it strange that whenever scientists (Real ones) investigate supposedly haunted places they find nothing?

And what do you mean why would people make up things to scare people. We do it all the time...
Maes
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialgar wrote:
Rokurai! wrote:
im4eversmart wrote:

Don't you find it strange that whenever scientists (Real ones) investigate supposedly haunted places they find nothing?

And what do you mean why would people make up things to scare people. We do it all the time...

And I bet they have, but I do believe in goverment cover ups. (Example: HAARP)
That wouldn't be necceccary, we have real killers.
elpacco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokurai! wrote:
Dialgar wrote:
Rokurai! wrote:
im4eversmart wrote:

Oh my god don't even get started with HAARP. The whole idea that it's a secret mind control device is just as stupid as 9-11 conspiracies and the idea that ghosts exist (yes, I was kidding and I'm disappointed you guys believed me).

FangBanger wrote:
What is the best way for a lv19 Soldier to solo Sledge on Borderlands?
Shoot him.
oib111
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
Rokurai! wrote:
Dialgar wrote:
Rokurai! wrote:
im4eversmart wrote:

Oh my god don't even get started with HAARP. The whole idea that it's a secret mind control device is just as stupid as 9-11 conspiracies and the idea that ghosts exist (yes, I was kidding and I'm disappointed you guys believed me).

Fuck yeah. Called it.

8D wrote:

cigs dont make people high, which weed does, which causes them to do bad stuff. like killing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AhMunRa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghosts can be explained in a few ways. We know that certain magnetic fields affect the human brain. Enclosed in a controlled environment researchers have induced feelings of being watched, being touched, seeing things, and hearing things in people simply by altering a magnetic field around the brain. High levels of electromagnetic energy can induce feelings of dread, and of fatigue, or feelings of fear.

I have seen what could be called spirits. I once saw a cat in my house when no one living there owned a cat, and all windows and doors were closed. I saw it jump, but it disappeared by the time it should have hit the floor. This I have to dismiss, as my eyes playing tricks on me. Was fatigue involved, possibly, low light, time of day, just being alone and my mind racing. I have also seen other things that I can not just dismiss. Both my wife and I were awaken one night to a door in our 2 bedroom apartment slamming. We were the only 2 people in the house, no animals. The door slammed with enough force to wake me up, at the time we lived under an international airports flight path, so I was a very sound sleeper. It was enough for me to grab a bat and search the apartment, I found nothing. I have also had doors open and close on their own, you could explain this as a house settling, accept that when I got up to look, I had to physically turn the knob to open the door again.

Before these events, I have to say I didn't really believe. I don't want to convince anyone that something exists or not. You will believe for yourself if you ever run into something like that.

Ricardo
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpacco wrote:
Charless wrote:
elpacco wrote:
They exist. I'm serious, I have one in my house. There was one in my old house too. His name was Daniel. I don't know the name of the one in my house now, but I hear him walking around downstairs and opening the refrigerator and bathroom door.

So yeah, they exist.

I cant tell if your being serious.
I mean normally anybody that knows me would assume I think they're just nonsense like a lot of other things, but I've actually had firsthand experiences with ghosts to know they're real.

I actually think I saw one, but then I read an article regarding lucid hallucinations. That's when your brain just glitches and assumes something is happening because of any slight hints of it happening. Basically since your brain is a lazy bastard, it assumes instead of examining sometimes. That actually happens in two ways.

1) your brain pays attention to one thing and thus ignores everything else (your conscious will not register any changes on anything other than what you're paying attention to)

2) your brain isn't paying attention, registers something happening, instead of finding out what, assumes its something.

What I'm basically saying, maybe you didn't see a ghost, but heard some noises and your brain convinced you it was a ghost because it was too lazy to come up with something like a rat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: