Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best city in Amerika to spend a week (January)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kls85
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your planning to visit the Big Apple in the month of January, you will need to carry some extra clothes as it's the Winter season and depending on Mother Nature's mood she might make you shit icicles or do nothing to ya.

Anyway most recognize building is the Empire State, you may want to check that out, or go to the observatory for a nice view.

Visit the Statue of Liberty.
Visit Ellis Island

Want to see military jets, space crafts? Visit the Intrepid Sea and Air space museum

other museum to visit: MoMA, Museum of Natural History.

Visit Times Square at night or if you're lucky enough to visit early, you might get a chance to see the ball drop on New Year's Eve.

Take a ride of the NYC Transit: subway and/or bus just for the experience
If your dad feels like playing a little luck buy a NY lottery ticket or ride the new ACES to Atlantic City.

Note: AC is in NJ so it's like hitting two birds with one stone as NJ is consider to be another State.

As for the arguing:

Canada is part of North America which is one of the seven Continents.
When people refer to America they immediately think of US.

When someone metions Mexico they think of Tequila and such, but it's still part of North America.

I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Best city in Amerika to spend a week (January) Reply with quote

Rokurai wrote:
Cheetah wrote:
Rokurai wrote:
Oblivious wrote:
Rokurai wrote:
Wait, I change mine to Niagara Falls, ON. since its full of shit to do.

That's not America, although it is fairly close.

It is america. Canada is part of America.
Thread title does not say United States of america.

In common usage, "America" refers to the US. You know this, and rather than admitting you made a mistake, pull the semantic card in an attempt to still look right.

Of course, you could have been trolling all along, laying the bait and acting like Ontario is part of America, once again due to semantics. Then when someone corrects you, you'll jump out and post "WELL TECHNICALLY BLAH BLAH" with an elitist attitude, trying to prove a point, not realizing that what may technically be the correct name is not always what is used commonly.

If you had noticed, I had said New york before anything.
I realised that Canada is part of America, so I changed my answer.
I just so happened to make your arguement invalid.

Have you ever heard of anyone referring to Brazil as "America?" No? Apparently you don't leave the house much, or you'd know that whenever someone refers to America, they're referring to the US in specific, not any random place in the North or South Americas.

The OP was clearly referring to the US, and not anywhere else in the Americas. Ontario is not in the US.

Quote:
I realised that Canada is part of America

Canada is part of North America. "America" by itself refers to the US, being shorthand for "The United States of America.
GG
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progression wrote:
Come to New York and smoke some bud with me. We'll arrange a CEF hotbox.

Is the weed any good there? Well, most weed in good than stuff in Port Moresby. But how does it compare to some nice Canberra hydro?

Cheetah wrote:
So you're going to fly around the world getting high and sitting around in parks with your dad. Interesting life you lead...

Yes, indeed it is.

kls85 wrote:
If your planning to visit the Big Apple in the month of January, you will need to carry some extra clothes as it's the Winter season and depending on Mother Nature's mood she might make you shit icicles or do nothing to ya.

Anyway most recognize building is the Empire State, you may want to check that out, or go to the observatory for a nice view.

Visit the Statue of Liberty.
Visit Ellis Island

Want to see military jets, space crafts? Visit the Intrepid Sea and Air space museum

other museum to visit: MoMA, Museum of Natural History.

Visit Times Square at night or if you're lucky enough to visit early, you might get a chance to see the ball drop on New Year's Eve.

Take a ride of the NYC Transit: subway and/or bus just for the experience
If your dad feels like playing a little luck buy a NY lottery ticket or ride the new ACES to Atlantic City.

Note: AC is in NJ so it's like hitting two birds with one stone as NJ is consider to be another State.

Wow, thanks for all this info. We will see how it goes.

I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halliwood and San fransisco
plutherA
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYC

It's a great city, there are so many different neighborhoods. If you don't have anything to do you can always hit Time Square. Personally I love hanging out down around Union Square. There are great places to hang out, get food, and really do whatever you want.
InternetIsSeriousBusiness
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panama city panama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: