Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debug crashes game kernelmode crashes computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cod3r_
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Debug crashes game kernelmode crashes computer Reply with quote

I'm on a 64bit I7. Run the game try to attach the debugger to "see what writes to this address" and it crashes the game even if I set the setting to prevent detection of the debugger.

So I do the driver signature thing and set kernelmode debugger and run dbvm and when it runs dbvm it crashes the whole computer..

BSOD

i've posted about that problem before to no avail. Could this just be the game that causes this? Also is there any other way to prevent the game crashing w/out using kernelmode debugger? That has never worked for me and just BSOD with no useful information.

seems like a lot of people would have 64 bit machines at this point but I don't see anyone really having any issues.. so maybe its something in the game?
XaLeX
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settings -> Code Finder -> Use Debug Registers should do the trick, or at least does for me :p
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Settings -> Code Finder -> Use Debug Registers" should already have been set if he didn't change it

that dbvm crashes is just a matter of 'luck' some systems it works, others it crashes (I'll try to get it a bit more stable when I have the time)
You say you get a bsod, how quickly does that happen after launching dbvm, usually dbvm just freezes completly if it's on a non-compatible system (Try launching from the about screen, click on the green text)

tip: Launch dbvm using the about screen before the game is ran, and when so little as possible programs are running

perhaps you can get this to work: http://cheatengine.org/temp/CheatEngine60Alpha10.rar then go to settings->extra and explicitly set VEHDebugging (this version is extremely buggy, won't work on vista 64, and you can't currently rightclick on the assembler view, but the option to find what accesses/writes an address might work)

and alternatively, install a 32-bit os...

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
cod3r_
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah.. i was wondering if there was a way w/out dbvm.. it just doesn't work on my machine..

Tried what you said.. basically start DBVM before game is started and nothing is running system just restarts. Start DBVM with game running but not attached get a hard lockup.. have to physically restart machine. Start DBVM with game running and attached BSOD with no useful information..

Maybe that's the luck of it..

And the alpha wont run on my machine because it's vista 64..

It's really strange because I've attached the debugger before on star wars galaxies on this exact machine w/out dbvm..

oh wellz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: