Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Cheat Engine Simple Wallpaper *All Sizes*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah
Reputation: 1

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 183
Location: Your, Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Cheat Engine Simple Wallpaper *All Sizes* Reply with quote

Flame on..

1600x1200

_________________


Last edited by Snow1337 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Farr.
Grandmaster Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good bro. 8/10 because I personally like wallpaper that covers the entire screen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah
Reputation: 1

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 183
Location: Your, Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAV3N wrote:
looks good bro. 8/10 because I personally like wallpaper that covers the entire screen.


Thanks for the feedback, I am personally a fan of simple wallpapers.. doesn't take as long for your pc to refresh the wallpaper each time you do something on the computer and makes it run just a little bit smoother

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2050

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comparing the quality level of the wallpaper with your current signature looks like you didn't put any effort on it at all.

remember, simple is not lazy.

this shape for example. the CEF logo is supposed to be a symmetrical representation kind of like a gear.

about that lines grid you made. I would really thing that since it is a wallpaper if I wanted to do a grid I would place it almost on all the wallpaper and blur it a little then play with a soft noise map on the alpha channel.

the soft shadow you used on the logo makes it look kind of weird dont you think so ?

also the glow of the logo is just too much, I would use that stroke you made to illuminate making it glow hard and the logo be a little dark...


I dont really like the CEF current logo .. some time ago I remade it.. maybe you can do the same?

I'll search for it so you can see it.
edit: here it is
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs33/f/2008/305/1/4/CEF_New_Logo_by_gogodr.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah
Reputation: 1

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 183
Location: Your, Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree, I did not put as much effort in to it as I did my signature.. no where close, that was a 5 minute wallpaper tops. I just downloaded the cef logo with the laptop and replicated it some what and yeah I know it's suppose to be a gear.. I made a perfect remake of the logo years ago in a wallpaper but the thread got deleted over time but I did have rep from Dark Byte from it for awhile but I guess rep reset while I was on break..

The soft shadow is a let down now that I look at it and I guess I could harden the glow more and do something else with the grid.. I just wanted a small simple center piece, know what I mean? I will work on it some more.. I almost didn't save the psd but I got it so i will make some adjustments when I am not in a fast paced mood.. when I made my signature I had just got off work and had a good 5 hours before my wife and child would be home. You can tell the difference when I take patience huh

Edit: very nice logo there, I just replicated the current cef logo.. but I like yours a lot, lots of creativity.. I suppose I could remake the logo lol.. I hope I don't get flamed to hard before I get it done though

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Moments
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 1198

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop Exp: 10+ years

lolno, this wallpaper is shit.

DL cef logo
enlarge
1px stroke effect
inner shadow
glow effect

use pentool to make curvy line, stroke, apply glow.

grid:loltoeasy.

Don't say it's '5 minute work'.
Put effort instead of calling this, or your shitty signature, "hard" to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah
Reputation: 1

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 183
Location: Your, Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh huh thanks for the feedback fag. I will remake it tomorrow.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Moments
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 1198

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vao wrote:
uh huh thanks for the feedback fag. I will remake it tomorrow.
Photoshop Exp: 10+ years.

THIS. IS. SHIT.

Every artwork you make is 'rushed' or 'made in 5 minutes'.
I see your constant flaming remarks stupid. You also can't accept the fact that you suck at photoshop. Your signature looks like a bunch of images mashed onto eachother with different transparency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah
Reputation: 1

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 183
Location: Your, Computer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a concrete wall in a warzone.. remake it then if you are so 1337. I suck at photoshop huh.. I make a *SIMPLE* wallpaper, and oh fuck shit hits the fan son.. when it says simple.. it's not going to look like what gogodr posted. Go to wikipedia and search for SIMPLE. I will remake it tomorrow so go to bed, you got school.

I said c&c, not provoke flame war and act like Connor. I am not even going to waste my time with this

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Moments
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 17

Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 1198

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vao wrote:
It's a concrete wall in a warzone.. remake it then if you are so 1337. I suck at photoshop huh.. I make a *SIMPLE* wallpaper, and oh fuck shit hits the fan son.. when it says simple.. it's not going to look like what gogodr posted. Go to wikipedia and search for SIMPLE. I will remake it tomorrow so go to bed, you got school.

I said c&c, not provoke flame war and act like Connor. I am not even going to waste my time with this
> implying i go to school
> implying i didn't give you c&c many times before
> implying that shit isn't simple
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NooksCranny
Master Cheater
Reputation: -1

Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 373
Location: Occupation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorrow wrote:
Vao wrote:
It's a concrete wall in a warzone.. remake it then if you are so 1337. I suck at photoshop huh.. I make a *SIMPLE* wallpaper, and oh fuck shit hits the fan son.. when it says simple.. it's not going to look like what gogodr posted. Go to wikipedia and search for SIMPLE. I will remake it tomorrow so go to bed, you got school.

I said c&c, not provoke flame war and act like Connor. I am not even going to waste my time with this
> implying i go to school
> implying i didn't give you c&c many times before
> implying that shit isn't simple


Your provoking a big flame war. Maybe just lay off because he said nor did anything outrageous in this thread.

Anyways, I love the effects of the background, but the logo seems a little off contrast to the background. I'm excited to see the remake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snow1337
Catastrophic Cheatah
Reputation: 1

Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 183
Location: Your, Computer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NooksCranny wrote:
Sorrow wrote:
Vao wrote:
It's a concrete wall in a warzone.. remake it then if you are so 1337. I suck at photoshop huh.. I make a *SIMPLE* wallpaper, and oh fuck shit hits the fan son.. when it says simple.. it's not going to look like what gogodr posted. Go to wikipedia and search for SIMPLE. I will remake it tomorrow so go to bed, you got school.

I said c&c, not provoke flame war and act like Connor. I am not even going to waste my time with this
> implying i go to school
> implying i didn't give you c&c many times before
> implying that shit isn't simple


Your provoking a big flame war. Maybe just lay off because he said nor did anything outrageous in this thread.

Anyways, I love the effects of the background, but the logo seems a little off contrast to the background. I'm excited to see the remake.


Thanks, that is the remake.. the other one was way worse.. I just used previous background remade the logo.. I am not affiliating with this section no longer because it's just full of kids that act bad behind a keyboard.. I would love to curb stomp a few but I am not going to name any names.. just get them riled up again

_________________


Last edited by Snow1337 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gogodr
I post too much
Reputation: 125

Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Posts: 2050

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the background is pretty good
the flow looks a little fat but thats easily fixable stretching it more to the sides.

I dont really like that rounded logo.... and really I read Heat Engine instead of Cheat Engine there....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
sponge cake recipe
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme
Reputation: 22

Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 1643

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality is shit (jpg, lolu), the block shapes have been overdone, the text looks rather nasty, lacks flow, the big C is a bad shape and overall it's rather monotonic.

Additionally:
>It's a concrete wall in a warzone..
Are you retarded?
That shit would get blown up in seconds. Nice metaphor though (sarcasm, btw).

>and makes it run just a little bit smoother
I'm sure if you had a computer that lags due to your wallpaper being a tiny bit larger, I suggest you upgrade.

Don't call people fags because they give you harsh (not bullshit) criticism. If you can't take it man up and fuck off.

>I would love to curb stomp a few but I am not going to name any names.. just get them riled up again
Lol....

Sorrow is making valid points.
Your 10 years experience is bullshit, unless you've been taught by a preschooler~

/ramble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KiwiMan
Cheater
Reputation: 0

Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*
No one sofar has given proper CnC except for gogo..

It is not your guys job to judge what 10 years+ of Photoshop exprerience can come up with, as for the wallpaper it is not very good, because of the strokes you put on the wording, the CEF symbol and the fact "heat engine" is too far away from the acctual CEF symbol itself..... It really just looks like the CEF symbol and "heat engine"
I would reccomend just sticking to the CEF symbol only and ditch any other text. The "wave" flow you have made is a little "fat" and those grid boxes may be slightly over done, even if it is simple and only took 5 minutes the basic idea and concept is very nice..
And to those who do not understand what simple generally means, it means "not much."
Just work on these details and try to use a, well..... Fancyer CEF logo, something similar to what gogo suggested is very nice.

A few more other comments:

•The colours you have used blend and work nicely.
•Never save an image in JPEG, always save in PNG.
•If people give non helpful or constructive CnC then just ignore them.
•Spend more time on your work than the proclaimed "5 minutes" You cannot find out any flaws in your work within such a short period of time.
•Make sure you find proper inspiration and put thought behind all your work, it will always end in a greater result... Most of all (cheesy but...) have fun Very Happy

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

CE Wiki   IRC (#CEF)   Twitter
Third party websites