Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

n00b help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jangnim
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: n00b help? Reply with quote

Hi. I'm not new to programming but very new to game hacks. I have a game called "Shogun Total War" which I would like to hack. I basically want to make it so I can change clans in the middle of a campaign.

My problem is in identifying how the saved game has stored the data. I figure once I get that I can pretty much do anything I like, including the above.

Has anyone hacked this rather old game? If so can you share some info with me? Thanks
Serggio
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: n00b help? Reply with quote

jangnim wrote:
Hi. I'm not new to programming but very new to game hacks. I have a game called "Shogun Total War" which I would like to hack. I basically want to make it so I can change clans in the middle of a campaign.

My problem is in identifying how the saved game has stored the data. I figure once I get that I can pretty much do anything I like, including the above.

Has anyone hacked this rather old game? If so can you share some info with me? Thanks

rather play rome total war
not sure what hack you want, you should build mines and get profit =)
(BTW. there are cheats)

jangnim
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: n00b help? Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Serggio.
Serggio wrote:
rather play rome total war

I have that one too Smile
Quote:

not sure what hack you want, you should build mines and get profit =)

Yup I know that too, thanks.
Quote:

(BTW. there are cheats)

I know about the cheats thanks. What I want to do is set up the game so it is even more of a challenge. By making it so another clan has .muchkoku. it will give them unlimited resources. Then, even if I have that cheat keyed for myself, the computerized clan would be able to grow stronger and stronger to bring me to a point where I could lose.

I just want to hack savegames in order to accomplish this.

I have found out how to alter these files to make the game think I am another clan, but it becomes unstable when the game is reloaded. In addition, the battles fought after the reload are locked up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: