Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Engines/Creators.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
random5566
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cryoma wrote:
I'm just picking out a couple things that I can actually understand, the rest of your monologue is incomprehensible gibberish.
I also changed to quotes to code because there's too goddamn many.

You mean like this :

Cryoma wrote:
Ahaha.

or something like this :

Cryoma wrote:
Ahahahahahaha.

Cryoma wrote:
You're putting words in my mouth, I never said this.

Earlier post by Cryoma the occidental amnesiac :

Cryoma wrote:
RPG Maker is of finer quality and finesse, and it's also Japanese, you can expect a higher price for any of those aspects.
Game Maker is almost childish in it's manner...bla bla bla

Twisted Evil I don't need to put anything in your mouth to make you sound foolish, you're doing a pretty good job of it on your own.

You refer to JRPG's as anything made in japan, I specifically said I was referring to JRPG's made during the SNES era which was what your POS RPG Maker makes so if you're still confused, I can't help it that you are slow.

Just because I don't agree that anything and everything a japanese game developer makes is a game of the year, I'm a racist, that I'm prejudiced??? WTF??. I'm not even going to dignify this retarded accusation with an answer (never argue with a moron).

You also brought up GML and Ruby and talked about programming languages in general, so I brought up real languages that are widely adopted like Java, C++ and .Net, get a fuckinig clue.

Whatever the japanese adopt doesn't become the standard everywhere else, that's just fantasy-talk. They may dominate the game market where consoles are concerned but we were talking about game makers for the PC remember??!!! We were talking about PC gaming not your console crap. RGP Maker makes games for the PC, not console so how the fuck do you equate japanese game industry = pc game industry is beyond me.

I realise you're just trying to get interest in your lame-ass post, and bump it to the top as well by any means, this includes starting a flaming match by spewing garbage, I'd love to put you in your place whenever possible, but I have better things to do, so you'll have to flame yourself and nitpick my previous replies but you'll get no further response from me, I will not help you bump your shitty post anymore. Find someone else to bait mmkay, trollboy. Laughing

And if you're just here to promote japanese made garbage, I recommend google adsense, where people can't respond to your bullshit propaganda.
Flyte
Peanuts!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're both retarded. Please stop talking.

¯\(o_O)/¯
ChainRule
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last option: Create your own engine Smile
Caelestis
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slovach wrote:

Examples of some good mods:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eternal-silence
http://www.moddb.com/mods/petrograd

Holy **** those last two links inspire me. Only downside is that you have to have people get the source engine from another game. If only there were another engine that you could freely distribute with your games that was this good.
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the latest unreal engine is now wrapped up in a nice package and YES you can indeed use / distribute it as a standalone.

http://www.udk.com/
Caelestis
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks nice, but it uses a 3rd party language? I was looking to further my C++ with a game or two, not UnrealScript.
masterzero
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caelestis wrote:
It looks nice, but it uses a 3rd party language? I was looking to further my C++ with a game or two, not UnrealScript.

http://www.3dgamestudio.com/
You might wanna try that it says its C/C++ based
hcavolsdsadgadsg
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caelestis wrote:

of course it looks nice, it's a major AAA engine that powers some huge fucking titles. Smile

and yep, it uses unreal script for all its game code.

i believe HL2 has all its game logic in C++, you could try modding that if you really feel so inclined... though this is getting rarer and rarer
Sephiron
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random5566, you type way too much.
Oh, and RPG makers by Enterbrain are extremely easy to use, as they were supposed to be. Ruby game scripting is extremely flexible and easy to use, It's almost like you aren't even scripting at all. Also, Lite-c is one of the easiest scripting languages I've used, right next to ruby.

If you're just getting into game development, i would recommend something that was meant to be used for indie development, and not something as studio quality as Unreal.

Try something like the Hero engine, a very VERY easy to use engine, or RPG maker XP/03/VX, which you don't always have to make an rpg with.

EDIT:
And random5566, stop saying that you've had "FiRsT HenD Xpeeriuns", when you've only had 3 minutes of your precious time playing with it.
I've managed to make many other things using ruby in rpg maker xp, other than an rpg.

Just certain things you an make with RPG maker XP. Also, getting the newest one, Rpg maker VX will increase your possibilities.

TanLiHao
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sephiron, it's not that random5566 type too much, he's just a plain retard who seriously don't know what he's talking about.

I don't want to read his complete bullshit but

the thing he said about Java and Flash for web authoring is completely wrong.

First off, Java isn't so popular in the web nowadays, Flash is. Java can also be used for desktop applications, it's a good language to learn since it's portable in a sense.

Furthermore, Flash is used for Rich-Internet Applications (RIA). That does not equates to web authoring. It can also be deployed as desktop applications using the Adobe AIR runtime, not that Adobe AIR is popular, but at least it's a viable choice. This further shows that Flash is not just used for web authoring.

I can go on and on talking about random5566's mistakes, but I don't want to. A retard wannabe who always want to win will never learn. Even a pro makes mistakes in their arguments, unless they revise their arguments and think logcially, but obviously random5566 is not doing that.

He is also extremely racist like what Cryoma said.

Plain retard random5566 should have been warned, but I'm surprised slovach didn't warn him.
Caelestis
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephiron wrote:

If you're just getting into game development, i would recommend something that was meant to be used for indie development, and not something as studio quality as Unreal.

I wouldn't use something such as RPG Maker to make games. Such a name implies poor quality. If I were going to make a 2d game I would make it in SDL. 3D is entirely different and using a game engine such as unreal or steam is much easier than doing everything on your own.
Sephiron
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caelestis wrote:
Sephiron wrote:

I wouldn't use something such as RPG Maker to make games. Such a name implies poor quality. If I were going to make a 2d game I would make it in SDL. 3D is entirely different and using a game engine such as unreal or steam is much easier than doing everything on your own.

I said if you are just getting into it. Obviously whoever that has never touched code before isn't even going to think about using SDL. RPG Maker is a well developed application, and it was made for use of people who haven't the time or skill of starting from scratch.

Last time I've checked, Steam is an online store, not a Game development kit.

And if you think RPG maker is such poor quality simply because its name, your arrogance astounds me.

Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread provides many lulz.
Rpg maker must suck because of its name?
I could say the same of game maker.
Anyway.

TanLiHao wrote:

First off, Java isn't so popular in the web nowadays, Flash is. Java can also be used for desktop applications, it's a good language to learn since it's portable in a sense.

Furthermore, Flash is used for Rich-Internet Applications (RIA). That does not equates to web authoring. It can also be deployed as desktop applications using the Adobe AIR runtime, not that Adobe AIR is popular, but at least it's a viable choice. This further shows that Flash is not just used for web authoring.

Flash also blends great with the C's and is no longer a web dev app at all.
I make standalone exes with swf files embedded all the time.
One of my current projects is getting a flash action on right click withought a context menu.
csoffos
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Unity Reply with quote

Just throwin' this one out there. Unity3D has recently added a free license. The price ranges from free to $1,499. It's an amazing tool that gives you complete freedom to do with it what you wish, there is even a license allowing you to edit the source code, and it can create games for computers, the Wii, and iPhones. There are nice, indepth tutorials, great documentation, a very active support base, and a forum open to all users of Unity3D. I would definitely recomend this tool.
Cryoma
Member of the Year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added UDK, also please be aware that I only add new entries after I test drive them myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Game Development All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: